Awoo.

Sonic's Hidden Secrets

Debug Ring

Post here if you know of any hidden messages or secrets or something interesting in beta for post here

My favorite is the hidden message in Sonic CD, when you find it you see devilish pictures of sonic and some Japanese text translating into English it reads 'Fun is infinite with the devil'

Sega said it was a joke at the eu/us players and would never do it agian

Do you know any interesting facts to share

• Thumbs Up 1

Post here if you know of any hidden messages or secrets or something interesting in beta for post here

My favorite is the hidden message in Sonic CD, when you find it you see devilish pictures of sonic and some Japanese text translating into English it reads 'Fun is infinite with the devil'

I'm sorry, can someone confirm that please? >.< I've never heard of that.

In Sky Sanctuary as Sonic or Tails, stand still about a foot to the right of Knuckles when he's resting atop the switch and duck by pressing down on the D-Pad. Knuckles will gesture at you to get going and leave him there.

I'm sorry, can someone confirm that please? >.< I've never heard of that.

The theory differs between devil and sega entiprises so unless you know a Japanese translator or learn Japanese i cant help you

Just dropping by to say it was "Fun is infinite with Sega Enterprises", not our good friend Beezy. :P

• Thumbs Up 5

For me... I can't help but think what awesome taste Eggman has in old gaming hardware.

sonicunleasheddreamcast.png

Either that or that he keeps it to hand even when taking over the world and sending hedgehogs to their doom wink.png

Edited by CobraRoll
  • Thumbs Up 9

In sonic cd if you wait for around 3 minutes sonic will say I'm outa here and then jump down causing a instant game over

Watch it here

• Thumbs Up 3

The theory differs between devil and sega entiprises so unless you know a Japanese translator or learn Japanese i cant help you

Someone here speak Japanese that can prove this?

Someone here speak Japanese that can prove this?

I Have been doing some revision on this and i think it says Sega enterprises (well that's what the majority thinks) and there are few who think it is devil. I don't know though

If I were anything like the Zelda fandom, I'd be inclined to say that this image from Sonic CD:

scd-misc-cheatsimg5.png

meant Sonic's parents were dead.

Edited by Lando The Bat

Knuckles secret in Sky Sanctuary in action

I never knew about this until someone told me on the good old SonicAnime forums. I thought it wasn't true at first. Then I tried it myself and was taken aback by such a minor detail and the way in which to activate it.

Oh yeah! And there's another 'secret'. In Sonic 2 on Game Gear/Master System specifically. Run into an extra life monitor in Sky High Act 1 and chicks will drop from the trees nearby.

• Thumbs Up 4

I explored every inch of the games that I could back in the day. Speedrunning was definitely not why I played Sonic. So I discovered the Knuckles thing the first time I ever got to Sky Sanctuary ( years after it was released. )

So here's something. Remember Rouge's mission to get the chaos emeralds out of Security Hall in Sonic Adventure 2? ...and for some reason there were dollar bills inexplicably floating around above the fans? You'd think the first game to feature "The President" would have a president on the dollar bills, but rather, Sonic's Face is on them bills. I tried looking for a screenshot, but couldn't quite find one. But I spent a lot of time trying to see it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oooh, I like this thread so I'll bite...

In the Nintendo game 'Uniracers' if you enter your name as either 'SEGA' or 'Sonic' they are not accepted and the game tells you the name is "Not cool enough". The same response is given if profanity is entered.

There's also a special effect in the game called 'Hedgehog Speed' which is essentially a slow motion mode...

How childish this rivalry was back in the day, I doubt SEGA would have felt threatened by a game about Unicycles anyway :P

I've often wondered what Sonic's favoriate soda falvor was. If I had to guess, I would think Grape soda.

The drum barrel in Sonic 3's carnival zone can be done without looking up and down while on it. It's just very hard. I remember spending weeks trying to get past that point. It was an amazing feeling once I finally passed it. I didn't use the internet much back then, so I didn't know about online guides <.<.

Had no clue you were suppose to look up and down on the barrel untill sometime right after Sonic Heroes was released.

Sonic Adventure 2;

I remember doing the Sonic VS Shadow right before the Green Forest(my favoriate Sonic level). I ground-bounced next to one of the metal plates on the ground half way through the fight, and Viola, I was in Knuckles' Mine level. As Sonic.

Couldn't do much, but it was fun. Can't remember exactly how I did it either <.<

Edited by Forest_GS

Gotta be the birdies from Sky High on Sonic 2 8-bit. I could never find all the emeralds in my first ever Sonic game, but I managed to find those. 8D

• 8 months later...

For Pete sake your all right and all wrong it says "fun is infinite with Sega enterprises" then at the bottom right hand corner there is a signature that says majin, the Japanese word for satin, the devil

Edited by nickfire47
  • Thumbs Up 1

That's quite a bump you did there tongue.png

Anyway seeing as this topic's back. I really liked the easter eggs in Generations, especially the missing persons poster for Ray and Mighty.

MightyRayHiRes.pngsonicgen_wanted.jpg

Not gonna lie, when I seen this the first time I got a little hopeful that it might mean we'd see them again.

I think the Sonic series could use more easter eggs personally. I love them.

Edited by Jake Bird
  • Thumbs Up 1

Heh, never even saw that one Heroes Rouge animation before. It's kinda creepy though how...."robotic" and sudden Rouge's animation is when she does that.

Edited by -Bane-
  • Thumbs Up 2

Oooh, I like this thread so I'll bite...

In the Nintendo game 'Uniracers' if you enter your name as either 'SEGA' or 'Sonic' they are not accepted and the game tells you the name is "Not cool enough". The same response is given if profanity is entered.

There's also a special effect in the game called 'Hedgehog Speed' which is essentially a slow motion mode...

How childish this rivalry was back in the day, I doubt SEGA would have felt threatened by a game about Unicycles anyway tongue.png

Nintendo did it in a fair few games back in the 90's. In one of the donkey kong games there's a ranking screen and Sonic's shoes are next to a bin labeled "No Hopers"

Bit tame really considering Sega's whole marketing campaign at the time was pretty much just "We're awesome, Nintendo are shite"

LOL i was a kid back there but even then I knew the war between Sega/Nintendo was crazy, crazier than Sony(Ps3)/Microsoft(Xbox360) will ever be, Mainly because those internet wars are only created because of Fanboys not the Companies. Thanks for letting me know more details so much fun laugh.png