Awoo.

My Assistant - PM Notification

Diz

Hidden

Recently, regarding both PM reports and genuine private messages, I haven't been notified at all by that pop-up, telling you that you have a new, unread message. I thought it must be because I tend to open several tabs when browsing the SSMB, but today I did no such thing and it happened twice. Why it not be working? I needs it! Otherwise it takes me ages to figure out that I have a new PM.

bug1.jpg

Have anyone else been experiencing the same problem?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hidden

My Controls - Board Settings - "Do you wish to get a board notification when you get a new personal message?"

Is that drop-down tab set to 'yes'?

Hidden

My Controls - Board Settings - "Do you wish to get a board notification when you get a new personal message?"

Is that drop-down tab set to 'yes'?

Yush, it is.

I find it strange, since this just started all of a sudden without me touching anything. As far as I know anyway.

Hidden

That has never happened to me. I always get the poppy things :(

Maybe IP Boards are racist against countries that produce varietes of cheese.

Hidden

I'm fairly certain the notification uses javascript so you may want to check your error log in Firefox for java related errors (menu --> tools --> error console).

Hidden

I've had that happen to me a couple of times, I refresh once or twice and then it works. So I dunno what happens lol

Hidden

Well, it did pop-up for me now, so it must have magically resolved itself. For now, this topic shall be locked.

diz_solvedst2.gif

Ps, Chris: I had TONS of SSMB-related errors in my Firefox error log. ;o

Also, if anyone are still experiencing anything similar to what is described within this thread, leave me a Private Message about it and I will have this topic reopened for you to post in!