Awoo.

Most Overplayed Songs of 2011

canderson

Hey guys, I just want to get some opinions on what songs you just can not avoid.

I can't get through most of my days before hearing the following:

Maroon 5 - Moves Like Jaggar

Katy Perry - Last Friday Night

Adele - Rolling In the Deep

LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem

Any other songs that come to mind for you guys?

All of the ones you mentioned are all pretty terrible...

There are so many others that I don't enjoy as well, but I didn't hear them enough to remember what they were...

^EDIT: I mean, they are certainly overrated, but I don't hear them that much...

Edited by Wooly-santa

Party Rock Anthem is definitely a big one, I literally couldn't go a day without hearing it

Rolling in the Deep was a pretty bad one too

Party Rock Anthem. It's a good song but DAMN! It seems no matter where I go I just can't escape this song!

I'm pretty sure the most overplayed song of the year is that Rihanna ditty "We Found Love," though I've somehow been lucky in that I've managed to avoid having to hear it at all. Not really a fan of her anyway.

As for personal picks: Lil Wayne's "She Will," Big Sean's "Marvin Gaye and Chardonnay," LMFAO's "Party Rock Anthem" and Chris Brown's motherfucking "Wet The Bed" all overstayed their welcome or were never even welcome in the first place.

Pretty much everything that's been said. Most of all any Adele song and Party Rock Anthem. I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy Adele but goddamn that doesn't mean every other song played anywhere has to be hers. And Party Rock Anthem is just a gigantic load of repetitive shit.

I'd also like to add Pumped Up Kicks, which bothers me for essentially making indie mainstream, though I actually like the song. I just hate that it's NOT OBSCURE ENOUGH.

Every pop song that came out this year in America and got consistent radio play was absolute horse shit... with the exception of "Fuck You" by Ceelo Green, and even that got censored to hell.

Every new rock song that came out this year in America and got consistent radio play was either bland, boring, or absolute horse shit... or Five Finger Death Punch, who are pretty good I guess.

Yes, I am over generalizing a tad. No, I barely ever listen to the radio. But I'm 99% confident in what I have just said, judging by the abominations to mankind that have made their way to my poor eardrums over the last year.

Edited by Legendary Pine Tree
  • Thumbs Up 2

Yep. Party Rock Anthem, Stereo Hearts, You make me feel, Sexy and I know it, ect are all played at least 5 to 6 times a day. I mean I like some of the songs but good lord tone it down a bit.

I cannot seem to go to a mall without hearing "Judas" by Lady Gaga played at some point.

Also, I keep hearing some Taylor Swift song over and over and over. I don't remember the name, but it's about being in love with a boy (that should narrow it down for ya!).

I work in a hotel events department, so lately I've just been hearing the exact same playlist for Christmas parties six or seven days a weeks. You name it, I'm sick of it.

noire and everyone else yall going full hipster

everyone knows you never go full hipster

but yeah i agree with pretty much all of the choices here, though adele's songs and that one song about shoes and murdering were pretty good.

Edited by Jolly Jacky

Pretty much all the song you guys mentioned. I'd like to add That one lady gaga song, whose name I forget.

Edited by Derpy the Snowmare

The overall worst song of 2010, Dynamite by Autotune Cruz, also received its fair share of abuse in 2011 for some reason.

Also Lady Gaga's Glory, probs some Beiber song, any of the complete abominations canderson listed above, and We No Speak Americano, though I always manage to get a kick out of the original.

^good

^shit

Definitely have to agree with Adele's songs, especially "Someone Like You".

I mean, I love her voice but there have been multiple times where literally three or more of my preset radio stations are playing the exact same Adele song. That's a bit excessive.

I also want to add "Give Me Everything" by Ne-yo and Pitbull to the opening list.

Sad to see so much hate for "Party Rock Anthem"; I actually find it quite catchy.

Edited by D-Metal X

Adele in general is good and so is Party Rock Anthem, but yes they get old after being heard so much. The media acts like they want to make me hate them with that. Good thing I can't because they're both coolio.

MOVES LIKE JAGGER, HOWEVER... Maroon 5, ugh, what happened, you went down the same commercialization path as the Black Eyed Peas, why did you have to let this happen to yourselves, why why why ;_; (on that note the song blows and Mick Jagger has no moves, be it dancing nor sexually, so whatchu talkin bout Willis)

And Foster the People is so wicked cool. So cool that they can be popular in the mainstream but also be just obscure enough that not many people realize how wonderful they are. They're about at that "Gorillaz" kind of fame level and it's awesome. Just don't go down the same path as the Black Eyed Peas and Maroon 5, please

The problem with Party Rock is that you don't want to hear shit like that outside of a club or a dance. It isn't meant to be heard on the radio since the lyrics are nonsensical and pure crap. If I am at the club, I shuffle like a motherfucker.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey guys, I just want to get some opinions on what songs you just can not avoid.

I can't get through most of my days before hearing the following:

Maroon 5 - Moves Like Jaggar

Katy Perry - Last Friday Night

Adele - Rolling In the Deep

LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem

Any other songs that come to mind for you guys?

Uh any song by Katy perry or Gaga. GAWD I just can not escape any of those songs. Let me add any single from Drake. Why must he be on every station I listen too?

Actually I haven't heard much of Adele compared to LMFAO, Katy perry or Gaga. Weird huh?

S&M by Rihanna became annoying for so many reasons...

but mostly for helping kids as young as 13 sing about Sadomasochism.

SO WRONG ON SO MANY LEVELS!!!

• Thumbs Up 2

...thankfully I don't listen to my radio station much. Then again, days when I go to lunch during school and there's no iPod/iPhone in the supplied stereo system blaring whatever song is popular at that time are very rare.

I do like Party Rock Anthem though...