Awoo.

Mick

Angry_Birds_Plushies.png

No Angry Birds topic?! Wow!

This is pretty much a cell phone/iPod/iPad/iPhone game. You pretty much play as birds and you throw them and you kill pigs, because the pigs have your eggs.

What does everyone here think of Angry Birds? It's a really really awesome game. It's a real huge hit here in the US. Maybe it's not popular over there in the UK?

I kinda fell out if Angry Birds once I realized how much luck was involved in some of the later levels. Plus it just gets monotonous. I can't play the game for long stretches of time anymore, but I understand the appeal from my addicted days. :3

I love the birds themselves though, mostly the cheering sounds they make when you beat a level. xD

What does everyone here think of Angry Birds? It's a really really awesome game. It's a real huge hit here in the US. Maybe it's not popular over there in the UK?

You must be joking I hope. The game is a worldwide phenomenon and probably the one single game responsible for instigating the thousands of casual vs. hardcore debates and how console gaming is purportedly dying thanks to portable devices.

Personally, I don't like it. I have it on my iPhone and I can list a metric ton of other games on there that I enjoy instead of rehashes of flash games with quirky art styles and deliberately silly music. The physics are also a huge turn-off far too often for me, and it just comes across as incredibly stiff. I'm not sure why this one was the game to convince everyone on the marketability of portable games.

• Thumbs Up 2

I played it for the first time on my brothers iPhone a few months back and I really enjoyed it. I don't have an iDevice (for lack of a better word) myself, but I might buy the PS3/PSP version when I have some money spare.

EDIT:

Oh, and yes, it is equally popular over here in the UK and the rest of the world.

PSP/PS3 version is abysmal. The controls are downright terrible and on the PS3 you'll have to deal with shitty graphical compression that Minis provide. It's lamentable how it's four times as expensive on the Playstation Store than elsewhere.

It's available on a lot of other platforms though, including Android, WP7, Mac and Windows.

It's even available on WebOS. Like, nothing's on WebOS!

I enjoyed the Lite version. It's a silly little time killer I wouldn't ever want to spend money on. I might buy one of the plushes however.

PSP/PS3 version is abysmal. The controls are downright terrible and on the PS3 you'll have to deal with shitty graphical compression that Minis provide. It's lamentable how it's four times as expensive on the Playstation Store than elsewhere.

It's available on a lot of other platforms though, including Android, WP7, Mac and Windows.

Oh. Well, I don't game on my Windows PC and I don't have a Windows Phone 7 or an Android phone.

Oh. Well, I don't game on my Windows PC and I don't have a Windows Phone 7 or an Android phone.

It's available on most smart phones. This a list C&P'd from Wikipedia: iOS, Maemo, HP webOS, Android, Symbian^3, Series 40, PSP/PlayStation 3, Mac OS X, Windows, WebGL, Windows Phone 7, Google Plus.

It's available on most smart phones. This a list C&P'd from Wikipedia: iOS, Maemo, HP webOS, Android, Symbian^3, Series 40, PSP/PlayStation 3, Mac OS X, Windows, WebGL, Windows Phone 7, Google Plus.

I don't have a smart phone.

*Is now the uncoolest member of the SSMB*

• Thumbs Up 4

I have neither a smart phone, nor any form of ipod/mp3 player

*Takes your position as uncoolest*

Anyway I'm waiting for that 3DS version, though I've played out ipods/phones of friends and relatives and it's a really fun game

Don't worry about it, i don't have one either. contacts on them are through the fucking roof!

Stop the presses!:

Nitwit claims Angry birds > Nintendo because they opened up a store (and something about being a mobile superpower in the next century or whatever).

Edited by goku262002

I don't have a smartphone either. Though I do have a MP3 player so at least I'm not as uncool as Cero or Shadzter! (kidding)

On topic, I've played a little, but it's a fun little game, and I might download it for my 3DS whenever it comes on the eShop. Though I don't quite see how it's become so hugely popular, with plushies and other merchandise everywhere.

Edited by Ekaje

I have neither a smart phone, nor any form of ipod/mp3 player

*Takes your position as uncoolest*

Anyway I'm waiting for that 3DS version, though I've played out ipods/phones of friends and relatives and it's a really fun game

Same. I've NEVER owned an iPod (of any kind) or an MP3 player. My PSP and my mobile phone play MP3's, but I've never used them for the purpose of playing music.

I had heard rumours of a 3DS version. If that is actually in the works, then I'll get that version.

I love Angry Birds, I own an Angry birds T-shirt with all the birds and Foul Play written above it, I also own an Angry birds hoodie with the Big brother Bird's face on it. I'm thinking of buying a plush

I first played it on my cousins iPod touch, then the lite version on my Mum's phone. When I found out about it coming to PSN I was excited that I's actually be able to play the FULL version of it.

Yellow bird > all others. (In terms of looks)

Don't worry Shadzter, I don't either, we can eat lunch together on the uncool table

All I have is a USB stick MP3 and I use that as a memory stick

Edited by Rawrdom

Stop the presses!:

Nitwit claims Angry birds > Nintendo because they opened up a store (and something about being a mobile superpower in the next century or whatever).

Completely forgetting that Ninty has a store in New York that can only be described as a Nintendo MUSEUM.

AVGN sells T-shirts and DVDs, I guess the film industry is fucked.

Same. I've NEVER owned an iPod (of any kind) or an MP3 player. My PSP and my mobile phone play MP3's, but I've never used them for the purpose of playing music.

I had heard rumours of a 3DS version. If that is actually in the works, then I'll get that version.

I don't have a PSP and my phone has the ability to play music, but I have no idea how to get music on it ;u;

It's been confirmed way back in February, though not much news has come of it afterwards

Forgot to mention about the Angry Birds Speakers

http://www.gear4.com...birds-speakers/

I tried it out in HMV and I loved it

I'm getting the Red one for my PC Speaker

6799-redlarge1.png

6805-bblarge1.png

6814-green1.png

6802-redangledlarge.png

EDIT: Oh yeah and Claw machines in the UK have lots of Angry birds Plushs up for Grabs, Even in those huge ones that look like you could grab a small child

Edited by Rawrdom

I'm... not the biggest fan of Angry Birds. Anymore, that is. It was quite fun at first, but it's monotonous and gets old too quickly. Also, I've played it on the iPod/iPhone, and there are times when the touch controls get finicky due to decently large fingers on a small screen (especially when I have it zoomed out so I can see what I'm attacking while I'm attacking).

My friend is an absolute nut, though. We went to the mall one day, and visited some Japanese store (which has loads and loads of Angry Birds merch). He came out with a few Angry Birds keychains, lanyards, and a huge plush of the red bird. 'Twas an interesting day, as I was wearing green, and he chucked the red bird at me without warning in the middle of the mall. A few people nearby started cheering for the "angry bird beating the pig".

I didn't find it that funny.

But in the end I got a plush Celebi from the same store so the day was worth it. I'm still shocked at just how much Angry Birds merch that "dedicated" Japanese store had.

I downloaded it for my Android. It was fun and catchy, and very cool how basic versions are free and everything. It reminded me somewhat of Worms 2+ in terms of aim/charge/gravity/hit, and I loved those Worms games. It is a great game, but I do not play it very often. Although I find it to be very fun, I also find it basic and something I randomly play from time to time. The curse has not yet struck the Diz, yush. =3

Have it on iPod and PC;

It's a good game for passing the time when you're waiting somewhere not mention funny to a certain extent. all depends on your sense of humor really. personally I got a kick out of those Angry Birds shorts that were posted on Youtube by Rovio; good stuff. XD

Eh, it's neat, but it's just a Crush The Castle clone. Aside from it's quirky visuals, premise and sounds, it really ain't anything special. And it's a lot more satisfying to destroy castles in Crush The Castle, because blocks aren't destructible and the guys you're targeting don't disappear when they die, so you can watch you enemies get crushed under their own walls as their castle collapses and you can point and laugh.

Also, its star ranking system works bizarrely - it just seems to work randomly no matter how well you clear a stage.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

Considering I've never played a game like it before, I've found Angry Birds to be, in its purest form, simple, addictive fun. That's pretty much why I like it, now that I think about it.

I play it at least once a day, usually during boring classes. It's just a silly, cute game, really. I also love the shorts that Rovio has posted on Youtube.

I'd buy one of the plush birds if they weren't so damn expensive! :P

Also, its star ranking system works bizarrely - it just seems to work randomly no matter how well you clear a stage.

I always thought that you had to reach a certain number of points to get three stars?

Literally every single person I've ever seen playing this game is always extremely frustrated with it just out of how much luck is involved in clearing a stage. I don't really understand how people can invest so much time in a game that only seems to specialize in pissing the player off.