Awoo.

Kid dies after parents...

vgmaster

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2011/08/30/exp.nr.boy.dehydration.death.cnn

CNN now has an video on this. I am glad CNN actually focused on this, it also has a picture of the poor child. R.I.P. I really hope these parents serve a hard rough life in jail. I hate how the parents killed him off just because he wet his bed. It was not his fault that he wet his bed, it was his natural body functions doing that. The parents cannot blame the kid for doing what he did, and dehydrating was NOT going to fix anything.

There are some people in this world who simply should not be allowed to have children. This is downright sickening, and I hope these awful parents rot in jail. I don't think this is a matter of intelligence or where they're from so much as it's one of being an abusive douchebag (which is the nicest way to put it). They knew what they were doing was wrong.

I simply don't understand some people...

• Thumbs Up 2

What sickens me will be the inevitable "do-gooding", human rights activists who will contest that the death penalty would be overkill if indeed these....things get issued the death sentence. You know, those who utilize Freudian Excuses "Mental Illness" as back up as to why these sicko's shouldn't get what they so richly deserve.

The thing is, there's a big difference between "Mental Illness" and "Cruelty, Sadism and Abusiveness". These people aren't mentally ill, they're sadists with an obsession with control and a sadistic streak that all coalesced and motivated them into withholding vital water from this defenseless child. They also can't be described by any definition of the word as "Parents". Parents would understand and accept that bedwetting is a natural and expected behaviour from a child and that changing and washing the bedsheets and providing gentle measures to encourage less bedwettinh is a job that falls squarely into "Being a parent".

• Thumbs Up 2

I try not to care for these kind of things. As if I don't stress enough about other things already.

Uh-oh, my conscience is kicking in.

By the way, I live in Texas. So I guess this means I'm a mentally ill sadistic sociopath, right? ;)

Edited by Ishtar
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think its unfair to single Texas or America because other facepalm worthy shite happens all over the globe, sadly.unsure.png

Edited by BW199148

I was ready to leap in here and, being the unsympathetic bastard I am, make a crack about how they sure taught that kid a lesson!

I still would except for his twin having to watch him die. Pfft, forget killing a kid... he's dead now, so who cares... his brother has to live with that for the rest of his life though. That's far more cruel than murder.

I was ready to leap in here and, being the unsympathetic bastard I am, make a crack about how they sure taught that kid a lesson!

I still would except for his twin having to watch him die. Pfft, forget killing a kid... he's dead now, so who cares... his brother has to live with that for the rest of his life though. That's far more cruel than murder.

Edited by BW199148

The Daily Mail has their take on the story. It's actually very interesting, thanks to the video;

-It confirms what the "other mismeanders" were after the bed wetting (taking parts of a guitar from his sibling. Still absolutely no justification for the sheer horror here).

-The grandmother says that Joseph still has nightmare reliving the moment Jonathan died. Expected, sadly. :(

-Apparently, the kids didn't want to go to the father and stepmother even before the incident. A history of abuse it seems.

This also reminds me of a similar incident I heard about a few months ago except the kid didn't die (I think it was from Texas too but I'm not 100% sure). Another kid wet the bed so his parents forced him to wear a tight rubber band around his penis so he wouldn't pee. Unfortunately, the rubber band was so tight that it cut off blood flow to his penis for too long sooooo, they had to amputate it :/ This ignorance thing just keeps getting worse every time.

What sickens me will be the inevitable "do-gooding", human rights activists who will contest that the death penalty would be overkill if indeed these....things get issued the death sentence. You know, those who utilize Freudian Excuses "Mental Illness" as back up as to why these sicko's shouldn't get what they so richly deserve.

Edited by Dr. Mechano
  • Thumbs Up 1

That is just sad and wrong. I wish parents would never do horrible things to their children. If you're going to be a parent, then you should care for your child, not kill him or her.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh great, I watch a CNN presents story this morning about parents who believe in capital punishment and use whips on their adopted kids (with one of the kids even DYING from their severe injuries) and now this.

It still amazes me how humanity never ceases to produce people who don't think twice about crossing the moral event horizon. sleep.png

I really think that the time has come for a Child-licence...

I mean if you are so fucking stupid and ignorant, that you cannot properly look after your own child, then I don't think you deserve to have children at all.

I hope those "Parents" rot away in jail. Absolutely unforgivable.

I have to agree. I think that that anyone who wants to have or take care of a child, regardless you gave birth to them or adopted them, should actually have a sort of license or degree that shows they aren't complete monsters that don't know how or don't care about taking care of children.

Edited by Ananze

I just hope the people they're in prison with catch wind of this and give them both what they deserve.

Absolutely sickening 'people'.

• Thumbs Up 2

The thing is, there's a big difference between "Mental Illness" and "Cruelty, Sadism and Abusiveness". These people aren't mentally ill, they're sadists with an obsession with control and a sadistic streak that all coalesced and motivated them into withholding vital water from this defenseless child. They also can't be described by any definition of the word as "Parents". Parents would understand and accept that bedwetting is a natural and expected behaviour from a child and that changing and washing the bedsheets and providing gentle measures to encourage less bedwettinh is a job that falls squarely into "Being a parent".

• Thumbs Up 3

Yes, they're monsters. Despicable, horrible monsters that deserve any amount of punishment imaginable. But we're not. That's why I'll remain a do-gooding "human rights" activist and refuse to condone murder. Murder orchestrated by the government in an organised setting is still murder, and I refuse to accept it as a "the right thing to do".

What sickens ME is the people who see executions as something to feel good about, something to be proud of for a job well done. If killing a criminal becomes necessary, then it's something to be ashamed of that we as a society couldn't prevent the series of tragedies before it went that far.

Don't think I'm infinitely forgiving, though. I want the "parents" who did this to suffer for their crimes. But I want them to be alive to suffer.

Edited by BW199148

Grumpy I respect you, but the problem is human rights is abused to the point that sometimes undermines the justice system. Like that Libyian Bomber who should of stayed in jail and not been allowed back to his home country because of a terminal illness. We haven't let Ronnie Biggs go free because of a terminal illness so why did we do it for this bomber?dry.png

I do agree with you that the parents should rot in Jail and not have access to their remaining Son over the death panalty.

That is just sad and wrong. I wish parents would never do horrible things to their children. If you're going to be a parent, then you should care for your child, not kill him or her.

One can only speculate what could possibly have been going on in their minds, and I wonder if they have any regrets, and if so, what kind of regret.

Murder orchestrated by the government in an organised setting is still murder, and I refuse to accept it as a "the right thing to do".

I concur. Just the thought of it makes me feel sick. Whether it is needed or not, perhaps it is at locations where it's allowed, but I do not even want to think about it. I am very happy that I live in Norway in that regard.

• Thumbs Up 2

Why the fuck would you discipline your child by them depriving of literally the most vital thing their body needs? Don't they know you can only live for a few days without fluids?

I'm wondering what else they did to the kid that made him so afraid of his parents that he wouldn't even try to drink from a sink or something.

Edited by Ekaje

I'm wondering what else they did to the kid that made him so afraid of his parents that he wouldn't even try to drink from a sink or something.

This just comes to show how shitty and abusive some parents can be.

I hope that kid rests in peace and his parents get locked up.