Awoo.

ARTWORK: Failage on a Stick

Little Miss Fortunes

Hee~ I was never planning to make a topic in here for reasons that the title describe. HOWEVER. For this special occasion, I decided to anyway~

Ahem...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GABZIIIIEEEEEE~~!

It's nothing much, but I tried to do something for today~:

HBG.png

Gwah, it didn't come out like I wanted it to. I thought I was going to have a lot of work to do today, so I worked on this at 5am @_@ The result being horrible outlining and colouring. I'm really sorry Gabzie! D:

That aside, I hope you like it, but more importantly, have a fantastic day today! get out there and have a blast, gal! >w<

I might try to post some more things later, but I don't wanna kill all of you guys' eyes, if I haven't already. Lolllll. Sorry.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ahaha, awh, that's awesome! I bet she'll love it! I like your coloring style, by the way!

;3 I bet she's looking up at Knuckles' smexy body, which is hiding behind the rainbow.

edit: You might want to change the topic title to something a tad more appealing, though, to catch her attention, unless you're going to present the link to her yourself. But still, she might think you mean Gabz be failage, which she is not! D:

Edited by Sailor Yusuke

H-H-Horrible colouring and outlining..?

OMGSIESSSS! *squeals* =TWT= I-I feel so...flattered~~~!

Thank you so, so, so, SO much Summer! Oh gosh, it's LOVELY! One of the best drawings you've ever done for me! Of course all your drawings are lovely, but this is the BEST of the rest! <333

Well what else can I say? I love your colouring style, all the characters in the drawing look lovely and have wonderful expressions. I adore the chibi otters, squeee~ X3 You also did a really good job with Iris. She looks better than ever!

Honestly again, I'm very grateful for the drawing, thank yooou! Oh and I have had a nice day today, there's still more this evening though so it's not over yet! =^__^=

PS: I owe you one! Yush, I really do. >w<

Sailor Yusuke: Aww, thank you! >w< I don't really like the colouring, personally, I just can't use other methods of colouring to save my life, lol.

The topic title is more of a description of the art, since each member is only allowed one art topic - I was planning to post more anyway, but I thought I shouldn't post any other random stuff up on Gabzie's special day, and I haven't had access to the internet until now to add anything. Don't worry, I wasn't referring to Gabz - she's not fail by any means!

Indigo Atermis: Thank you so much! :D

Fangz the Wolf: Hee, yeah, I know. I can't draw cake, lol. Or... Let's just say, um... Knuckles ate it! Yeah, that's it, that's why you can't see it... Yeah... << ... >>

Kitty Girl: Hee~ Don't mention it -^^- I really wanted to do something. I'm so happy that you liked it though, and that you had an awesome day! I'm so sorry I wasn't there to congratulate you later, but the phone line diiiieeeeedddd, and just got fixed today D: You really don't owe me anything - if you had fun, that's all that matters. :)

Thought I'd might as well post some more art up, though it's not that great, lol:

MothersDay.png

This was a pic I did for my mum for Mother's Day last year. You can tell I couldn't draw Chao at all, lol. It was my first try at ever drawing Vanilla, and gah, Cream's too-long-noodle-arm ticks me off so much looking back on it. XD

FathersDay.png

So, naturally, I did a Father's Day pic for my dad that same year. Lol, my poor parents getting bombarded with pics of Sonic characters. I've never been good at drawing the Chaotix members :( And gah, this is back when I drew hands way too small. Blegh.

SilverCGAttemptcopy.png

This was a bad attempt at using Photoshop to do colouring. I used a screenshot from Next-Gen as reference, but it failed horribly. I could never do this style colouring without a reference at all. Trust me, I've tried. XD Faaaiiillll.

SummerColour.png

This is a cartoon interpretation of a bunny I used to know - Summer. I can't remember when I drew this picture, but I know I've drawn tribute pictures to her since I was 8, so yeah. I had a reference for the pose here... I'm really bad at drawing quadped poses, if you know what I mean.

ChibiShade.png

This was an attempt at drawing Shade. She ended up looking far too young, so I just called it a chibi instead of a failed attempt at her 'proper' self, lol. I stupidly didn't use a reference when I drew this, so the armor is completely wrong, especially those darn shoes. Gragh! Serves me right. Oh, and lol, that's as close to a background I ever get.

Lucky-1.png

This is my failfan-character, Lucky. She is made of fail. Lol.

And last but not least, my most recent of these works:

VeryAdult.png

This is CyberBlade's character of the same name, because he is made of awesome and win, and his character is epic and soooo cuuuuute... Only I made him look at least 4 years younger than he should be, and I couldn't draw his hair at all. Gaaaah. X-X And his hand's in the wrong place - he's supposed to be pulling his eyelid down, but no, I made it look like he's poking the inside of the eyelid. Blah. He was supposed to have a more dynamic pose as well, but it failed. Sorry Cyber... D: I need to learn how to draw characters better.

Edited by Summer
  • Thumbs Up 1

Shade is so adorable!! I wanna give her a hug! :D

Your art style overall is very cute and adorable. Use this to your advantage and rule the planet!!! Muhahahaha! >:D

Edited by Indigo Artemis
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ohhh really Summer, I don't get how you could ever say your work sucks. Because it's so adorable and drawn lovely, with lots of charm and cuteness! <333 I think it's so sweet you made Mother's and Father's day drawings too. Your colouring style is also wonderful, as I mentioned earlier in this topic. -^.^-

My very favourite one of the set you just uploaded though is Shade. She looks soooo CUTE! X3 Seriously, I just can't get over how cutie wutie she looks~

Oh my gawd the arts... it is adorable... it blinds my eyes and makes me soul happy at the same time! -applauds- Seriously Summer your art is gorgeous and I absolutely LOVE Cyber's character interpretation. What a cutie! Also your fan character is not made of fail she is quite adorable!

Heh, you have sucha cute art style, Summer. It really is not failage on a stick at all. You've got a certain way with drawing and somehow expanding on the cuteness of the subjects you draw. It really is something cool!

Out of all of them, I gotta say that Cyber is probably my favourite of the works you've displayed here so far. The expression just really shows the character's personality perfectly, it's something I can really see him doing. It totally blows my own drawing of Cyber out of the water, and when I try to write and pull up an image of Cyber in my head, yours comes to mind. XP

Can't wait to see more of your "Win on a stick"!

Indigo Rush: Thank you~~! >:3 MUAHAHAHAHAHA!! Though, I fear the world may become Super Deformed and implode on itself. D:

Kitty Girl: Thankies~! Lol, Shade is what happens when I try to draw a new character that I find is cute without reference. Giant marshmallow head with a stick body and maybe some other features. Oh, and horribly off-model SHOES! GAH! *kills the shoes* D<

Eileanach: LOLHAI! 8D Thank yooouuuus~! The blindingness may be the in-yo-face colouring, lol! XD Cyber's character is adorable in general - you cannot uncute him (though... I think I just realised I made him look kinda anorexic... '__')! Lol, and failcharacter really is made of fail. She really, really is. XD

Cake: Thank you so much! I know, I should really stop with the boring standard poses and try to draw something more dynamic and character-ful - I'm workin' on it. XD

And I've seen your drawing of Cybie - mine doesn't blow yours out of the water at all! Yours actually looked really cool instead of like a bug-eyed 7-year-old. XDDD

Aaaaaaand now for something a little different from what I usually draw:

LilIvoUnshaded.png

...Okay, maybe it's not so different. But here you can all behold why I don't draw humans or robots all that often - I can't draw either to save my life XDDD

It's probably hard to tell, so I'll tell you this is supposed to be little 10-year-old Ivo (I know he looks younger x_x;) and his little Motobug from El Gran Gordo's fanfiction, appropriately named "Ivo". I swear, it is adorableness served on a silver platter. Seriously - if you want to swoon over Eggman and everything related to him, go and read it. Motobug commands you! D<

Oh, it may be hard to tell, but he's supposed to be wiping his glasses against his sleeve... Not because I couldn't draw them on him or anything... << ... >>

Sorry it's not shaded or anything - I'll have to get around to that later, but I really should be revising right now, LOL. XD

Take care y'all~

• Thumbs Up 1

Cake: Thank you so much! I know, I should really stop with the boring standard poses and try to draw something more dynamic and character-ful - I'm workin' on it. XD

And I've seen your drawing of Cybie - mine doesn't blow yours out of the water at all! Yours actually looked really cool instead of like a bug-eyed 7-year-old. XDDD

He does not look like a bug eyed 7 year old, more like a bug eyed 12 year old. XD Trust me, you did perfectly fine. It's best to make a kid look a bit younger in this sort of style, since otherwise you might make them look too old period. I've already told you enough on MSN, it's amazing work. ^^ So stop beating yourself over it. It's awesome. ^^ *hugs*

Aaaaaaand now for something a little different from what I usually draw:

LilIvoUnshaded.png

...Okay, maybe it's not so different. But here you can all behold why I don't draw humans or robots all that often - I can't draw either to save my life XDDD

They both look perfectly fine. The motobug looks like a motobug, and he looks human. Much better than I've ever done with the human face. Stop being so down on yourself. He looks perfectly fine, looks close enough to his age. That he's wiping his glasses on his sleeve is hard to tell because they're mostly blocked by his sleeve, but not horribly. Please keep drawing more. ^^

Edited by Cyberblade
  • Thumbs Up 1

As I said in the story topic, great job!

I absolutely love your take on little Ivo, and again, I'm really flattered at your interest and kind words in regards to my story. Your art style is very cute and stylish!

Cyberblade: Hee~! Thank yooouuu *hugs back* ^ ^ Lol, age is hard to convey, but that kind of goes for real life as well. I wouldn't say I'm being hard on myself, I just know where my flaws are XP

Gack, I'm hoping shading and highlights will help distinguish the glasses from the inside of the sleeve (when... I get around to it... XD). I underestimated how dark his glasses are. XD

El Gran Gordo: Thank you! I'm really flattered! I can't wait to see the next chapter! :) *prods* When's that coming, by the way? *pester, pester*

Mollfie: Thank you, hun! ^_^!

Here are some sketcheeeees... I think I'm seeing a regressing pattern here :lol: Sorry, I'm just busy with studies at the moment, and when I have free time, I'm too tired to work with Flash. XD *lazy* I'm hoping to get back on track and complete stuff as soon as the exams are over. @_@

Also, I apologise in advance for the messy, sketchy lines and the smudges. Rubber was being meeeaaaaan D:

Scan0060.jpg

Lawl, this be Dr. Ivo Rrrrrrrobotnik as the Mad Hatter, inspired by the lovely Eileanach. XDD I couldn't find a full-body reference of the Mad Hatter, so I kinda had to improvise. XD His eyes are so weird to draw! I'm not quite sure about his proportions either... Hope it's alright. XD

Scan0061.jpg

This'd be most of the cast of Winds of Pursuit so far... The wolf in the foreground is Cyberblade, who belongs to... Cyberblade XD. The fox who's reading is Cake, who belongs to Cake XD, the floating hedgehog is Phantom, who belongs to Axl, and the moustached man in the bushes is Dr. Mechano, who belongs to El Gran Gordo~

I wanted to draw Ironback and the FEAR, but I wasn't sure how to draw them. :( And Dr. Mechano was supposed to be much closer to the foreground, but it came out weird x_x I may try to draw him better and in central focus tomorrow - he's way too dramatic and charismatic to be satisfied in the background :lol: Also, I have no clue what happened to Cake's straw o_O I dunno why I drew it like that XD

Poor, poor Cyber is getting stalked by everyone. :lol:

So yeah... I'll probably be sticking to sketches for a while, until my exams are over. :(

Edited by Summer
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, Cyber's getting stalked lol. *hugs*

Everything looks perfect except for everybody's front foot. Given the angle the foot should cover up a bit of the leg and socks. TBH I'm not sure I could get that angle right either. ^^; On Cybers front foot in particular, the perspective is thrown off since you can see the bottom of the foot yet the top of the sock, making it look like he's just turned his ankle or something. Otherwise that pic is just amazing. :D Cyber looks confident as always, Lucky is probably upset over a pussycat comment, and Cake looks so adorable spaced out to a book of Explorers of Infinity. XD Nice reference there. Phantoms exact position is sort of hard to make out, a bit of perspective on him would have probably helped that. Dr. Mechano could look a bit more scheming, but he's there and thats what counts. XD

As for Ironback and the FEAR. The major reason you couldn't figure out how to draw them is because even I'm not entirely sure how to draw them. ^^; With my school year over I'll get to work on some reference pictures of them alongside the rest of my artwork todo list.

Edited by Cyberblade

XDD Can't blame them though, in all honestly. I'd stalk him-- *shot* Ahem... *hugs back*

Thanks Cybie! Yush, angles and perspectives are a weak point, I'm still working on it. Thinking about it, there was that Sonic Chronicles art that I could have used for reference... don't know why I didn't think of that before I started drawing. XD Unless their limbs and appendages are made of Escher-ness.

Cyber is too much fun to draw. XD Don't worry, I'll probably end up tormenting him sooner or later. >:3 Muahahaha!

When isn't Lucky upset about a pussycat comment? Despite being a pussycat... Who knows. XD

I had to get the Explorers of Infinity reference in there! XD I wasn't sure if it'd be obvious since her hand ended up covering more of the book than I anticipated. XD I'm not sure, but I think I made Cake look a bit too girlish here as well...

Oh, I'm not sure about Phantom's pose, either. XD I really wasn't sure how his body would look, especially in relation to those long head-quills, and it ended up looking weird and squashed. Trust me, it's actually better than it was originally. Oh my gosh, it looked painful. XD

I know D: I did have a more extreme facial expression on Dr. Mechano, but it looked really wrong... like he was drunk or like his eyes looked very unimpressed, but he was grinning, and it looked very wrong. XD I need to practice more with him.

I actually had a completely different picture at first, and I did attempt Ironback and the FEAR... But... Ironback looked like a really bad DBZ reject, and the FEAR... all I ended up doing was a really goofy looking "evil face" in the background :lol:

Is your school year over now? All over?!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

School's ooouuuuut forever! Awesome! :D

I love the artwork in here. Naturally though, I have to complain that Tikal is not really supposed to have any kind of cleavage... she's only twelve! (iirc) I also am particularly fond of your Cream picture. I agree the arm looks awkward, I think that it may have had a good idea to have Cream reaching down to place the wreath while flying... but it doesn't really ruin the picture.

Looking forward to seeing more stuff.

I love the artwork in here. Naturally though, I have to complain that Tikal is not really supposed to have any kind of cleavage... she's only twelve! (iirc) I also am particularly fond of your Cream picture. I agree the arm looks awkward, I think that it may have had a good idea to have Cream reaching down to place the wreath while flying... but it doesn't really ruin the picture.

Looking forward to seeing more stuff.

Thank you! :)

Did I give Tikal a cleavage? O_O I think you may be looking at what's supposed to be her thumb. I must have positioned it rather awkwardly... My bad, sorry! XD

Yeah, that would have been a better idea, though I'm not sure if I would have been able to make her flapping ears look right either. XD I'm quite the amateur, but I'm learning, if slowly.

Thanks for the feedback, JEV3 :D

XP Wow, Summer, that sketch is totally awesome! I'm beginning to see the irnoy in the title "Winds of Pursuit", what with everyone chasing down Cyber XD

It's a really neat picture though. There are some issues with modelling, which Cyber already pointed out so I won't repeat. But I gotta say, I love the facial expressions given to the characters; each character's emotion and current mood can be easily understood, from Mechano's devious plotting, to Lucky's angry rants, Phantom's quiet bewilderment, Cyber's michievous determination and finally Cake's happy yet oblivious nature. XP

Seriously, you did an awesome job here, it makes me eager to see what else you have in store for viewers in the future!

Oh, and you get 100 THOUSAND internets for that Explorers of Infinity refrence XP Gimme a shout, lemme know how you're liking the story so far! Keep up the awesome work!

Gah, sorry for the delayed response, Cake! I thought I was going to post something the other day as to save double posting, but I ended up not. D:

Thanks for the feedback, though! I still have a lot to learn about anatomy, but I'm so glad you think the expressions are expressive, that's something I really want to work on improving right now - I think emotion is a big factor of artwork. :)

Rofl, I had to get EoI in there! XD I love the story, but it's also very evil for forcing readers to fall in love with the characters over and over with each section >( XD I can't wait to see the next instalment!

Oh, speaking of Explorers of Infinity...

Scan0064.jpg

"Let's reach for that infinity together, nyaa!"

ROFL, I can't draw Pokémon at all; please forgive the off-model-ness. This is Claws the Meowth and Kippur the Mudkip from Cake's fanfic, which is an awesome read, and I couldn't help but try my hand at these little guys. Claws is supposed to be gripping Kippur's hand/paw/fin, but it came out wrong. I really, really love how Cake draws Claws when he's happy, with those big shiny eyes, which I was trying to emulate but it came out more freaky than cute with me :lol: How do you draw them, Cake?

Scan0063.jpg

This is supposed to be Dr. Mechano, 'cause I just had to draw him in focus (hope you don't mind, El Gran!). Urgh, I really don't like how the middle one came out... something about his head is so off and it's bugging me, but I had to draw him fiddling with his 'tache. XD I can't draw binoculars to save my life, lol. The rest of the pics are kind of based off of assumption, so I'm not sure how in-character they are - I could just really imagine that Mechano is refined or has refined tastes, and having an 'expressive' moustache. He didn't turn out as vibrantly expressive as I was hoping... Does anyone have any tips for that?

And here's some Sonic character art, rofl:

Scan0065.jpg

"I missed you so much, Miss Blaze! Would you like to come to my house for tea?"

"Oi, let's go, mate! I got the SS Super Marine all ready for a bonzer new adventure! Follow the Cap'n!"

"Blaze! We need to go save the world!!"

"Sigh..."

I think I made Cream and Marine a bit too short, but I guess it emphasises their youth. Silver's hair is so hard to draw D< and Blaze's cheek-ploof-things look kinda awkward... and also the attack of bad anatomy. Rofl. I'll learn eventually.

I swear I really need to get back to doing proper gift/fan-arts... Curse you, exams! Lol, hopefully I'll have everything out of the way soon XD

• Thumbs Up 1

Awwww~ I think you draw Pokemon really well! :3 Well, from what I can see of Claws and Kippur. I love their expressions, especially Claw's. He does look cute IMO. XP Also, neato expressions sheet there of Dr Mechano. ^.^

The last one is definitely my fave though. Actually when I first glanced the drawing I thought it was supposed to show Blaze and Silver as a couple with children. Then I noticed it was Cream and Marine and I was like "Oh, whoops." XDD It's really funny and cute, and Cream and Marine look super adorable! D'aww, I feel sorry for Blaze though~ she's so busy busy busy.

Summer, I'm incredibly flattered. You totally captured Dr. Mechano with those poses and expressions- I dare say you're better at drawing Mechano than I am, and I designed him! He looks both devious and cute and in your style, and I think it suits him perfectly.

That, and you're fast. I'm a really slow artist, but you manage to release both quick and very high-quality stuff!

Heehee, it seems you've taken a liking to the character, and you've definitely already got a good handle on his personality as well.

Y'know, we coooould use another artist or two for the comic~ ...But I totally understand if you're not interested, and apologize in advance for perhaps overstepping my bounds by even suggesting such a thing. Still, can't hurt to ask, given your talent at drawing the character(and characters in general)!

• Thumbs Up 1

XP Wow, Summer, I don't even know where to start!

The Explorers of Infinity pic is just... so freakin' adorable! XP I think you got the facial expressions down pat again (I tend to have quite a bit of trouble with Kippur, actually. Probably because I've drawn Claws like, a bunch more times). I did notice there seems to be something round near Kippur's head fin? (ACTUALLY, I JUST REALIZED ITS CLAWS' TAIL!!) Aside from that, I love how you used round curves to draw Kippur, and avoided any sharp corners.

In terms of Claws, the only thing I can point out is the roundness on the head being a bit off. I think you nailed the eyes on Claws (and Kippur) though; I usually make my shine effect by creating two horizontal lines parallel to eachother, kinda like a line of light shining off the eyes, but that only really works if you're going for a simpler style and making the eyes all black. Claws actually has blue eyes, so I fear I might be coming to you for advice on how you draw eyes soon, as your method is cuter and IMO more expressive XP

Thing is, Claws (or Meowth in general) I find can be a little tough to draw, because I can never find the middle ground with the head shape. Sometimes, it's too round. Others, too oval, vertically. Then, Oval horizontally. It's tough! XP

Thanks so much for the EoI fan art, though! You're the first, so it's pretty awesome! n_n

--

Moving on to Dr. Mechano, I gotta say I was already a fan of this character when I read the small bio El Gran Gordo wrote up for him, and when I saw the picture Gordo drew of him. However, you have a really cool way of emulating character expressions really well, and I feel like know Dr. Mechano even more after seeign what you've drawn!

I think the secret to how you're doing this has to be how you use everything the character offers to emote. Mechano's eyes, 'stache, eyebrows and mouth all play a part in the pictures. You even used the hands to emphasis the maniacal laughter, and took advantage of the big emptyness of his head to throw in an angry throbbing nerve when he's mad. Even in the center-piece, twirling the stache.

The thing that gets me, is we aren't just seeing "the character is mad. The character is happy." Instead, we see "Dr. Mechano is mad. Dr. Mechano is happy." Awesome job!

--

For the third piece... there's alot going on, and I'm running out of time before class here! I'm gonna have to get back to you on this! Seriously though, I'm gonna report this topic and have them change it to "Win on a stick" since Failage is false advertising! I can't wait to see more!

• Thumbs Up 1

Awwww~ I think you draw Pokemon really well! :3 Well, from what I can see of Claws and Kippur. I love their expressions, especially Claw's. He does look cute IMO. XP Also, neato expressions sheet there of Dr Mechano. ^.^

The last one is definitely my fave though. Actually when I first glanced the drawing I thought it was supposed to show Blaze and Silver as a couple with children. Then I noticed it was Cream and Marine and I was like "Oh, whoops." XDD It's really funny and cute, and Cream and Marine look super adorable! D'aww, I feel sorry for Blaze though~ she's so busy busy busy.

Thank you Gabzie~! *hugs* Pokémon are little buggers to draw, some of them look so cute and simple to draw, but then you try and draw them and it's all "raaaargh!" XDD

Oh, LOL, Silvaze love children... XDDD I woulda have to have given them all superior hair like their 'daddy'. I'm not really one to draw couples and children that often, mushymushy~ XP Though I can see how it could be mistaken as such, with Blaze being the run-down and overworked mother and Silver trying to boost her morale there. ROFL. I'd imagine, if it were a Silvaze family, that Silver would be like yet another child to Blaze anyway. XD

Thank you so much though!

Summer, I'm incredibly flattered. You totally captured Dr. Mechano with those poses and expressions- I dare say you're better at drawing Mechano than I am, and I designed him! He looks both devious and cute and in your style, and I think it suits him perfectly.

Aww, thank you so much! I'm really happy that I managed to capture him - I was scared that I was twisting him OOC, since some of it was assumption-based (I drew it yesterday, before I saw your comic :)). There's no way I draw him better than you, though, you draw him so adorable, you actually had me pretty much squealing like a little fangirl at the first page of your comic. XD

That, and you're fast. I'm a really slow artist, but you manage to release both quick and very high-quality stuff!

I'm not sure about high-quality, but I try to finish a drawing within the same day - I usually find it incredibly difficult to pick something back up once I've stopped. XP Quicker isn't necessarily better though; if you put something aside and return to it later, sometimes you can notice mistakes and correct them.

Heehee, it seems you've taken a liking to the character, and you've definitely already got a good handle on his personality as well.

Too right I've taken a liking to him ♥! I adore characters that are charismatic and quirky, they're so fun and lovable!

Y'know, we coooould use another artist or two for the comic~ ...But I totally understand if you're not interested, and apologize in advance for perhaps overstepping my bounds by even suggesting such a thing. Still, can't hurt to ask, given your talent at drawing the character(and characters in general)!

No need to apologise; you haven't overstepped any bounds! Actually, I'm really honoured at the offer! I'd love to help!

Though, would it be okay if perhaps I start in a few weeks' time or so? Sorry, I have exams coming up, and I promised myself I'd complete a little art project I have as soon as they were out of the way. Sorry, I know it's a bit of a bother, but I'd still love to help afterwards, if that's okay! :)

Thank you so much for the opportunity!

XP Wow, Summer, I don't even know where to start!

The Explorers of Infinity pic is just... so freakin' adorable! XP I think you got the facial expressions down pat again (I tend to have quite a bit of trouble with Kippur, actually. Probably because I've drawn Claws like, a bunch more times). I did notice there seems to be something round near Kippur's head fin? (ACTUALLY, I JUST REALIZED ITS CLAWS' TAIL!!) Aside from that, I love how you used round curves to draw Kippur, and avoided any sharp corners.

Thank you so much! ROFL, Mudkips are evil to draw! I ended up using your cover picture as a reference much more than the official image. XP

Yeah, that is supposed to be Claws' tail XDD! I know it looks weird and awkward there, but I wasn't quite sure where to place it... It would have looked weird if it was on the other side of Claws, and it couldn't have just... poofed out of existance. XD

In terms of Claws, the only thing I can point out is the roundness on the head being a bit off. I think you nailed the eyes on Claws (and Kippur) though; I usually make my shine effect by creating two horizontal lines parallel to eachother, kinda like a line of light shining off the eyes, but that only really works if you're going for a simpler style and making the eyes all black. Claws actually has blue eyes, so I fear I might be coming to you for advice on how you draw eyes soon, as your method is cuter and IMO more expressive XP

Thing is, Claws (or Meowth in general) I find can be a little tough to draw, because I can never find the middle ground with the head shape. Sometimes, it's too round. Others, too oval, vertically. Then, Oval horizontally. It's tough! XP

Yes! Meowths' head shape is so awkward! I think, in this case, it should have been a bit wider horizontally, and the ears shouldn't have been so big (I always give cats HUGE ears for some reason, lol)... The other thing I find really hard with Meowth is the position and thickness of the whisker and antenna things. Arrrgh. XP

I think solid black eyes can actually be really effective, I just can't draw eyes like that at all without making the whole thing look incredibly scary. XD I have to give at least one bubble of shine, and, for some reason, I can't leave the iris part blank on sketches, I have to shade them or it looks really wrong to me, even if nothing else is shaded. XD

Thanks so much for the EoI fan art, though! You're the first, so it's pretty awesome! n_n

No need to thank me. I'm a fan, so I drew it XDD I'll have to do something properly, with colour and shading sometime!

Moving on to Dr. Mechano, I gotta say I was already a fan of this character when I read the small bio El Gran Gordo wrote up for him, and when I saw the picture Gordo drew of him. However, you have a really cool way of emulating character expressions really well, and I feel like know Dr. Mechano even more after seeign what you've drawn!

I think Mechano's just awesome like that C: I was a fan of him from the get-go as well. You really think that, though? That's so sweet! Thank you! -^ ^-

I've actually been under the impression that I wasn't expressive enough with art for ages. It was really making me bored of my art style. XD I didn't think this was expressive enough either... Maybe I exaggerate things too much in my head XD

I think the secret to how you're doing this has to be how you use everything the character offers to emote. Mechano's eyes, 'stache, eyebrows and mouth all play a part in the pictures. You even used the hands to emphasis the maniacal laughter, and took advantage of the big emptyness of his head to throw in an angry throbbing nerve when he's mad. Even in the center-piece, twirling the stache.

That's what I was playing with here, I wanted to just play with everything and hope it turned out okay XD Mechano is a very theatrical and expressive character, and his 'tache is a distinguishing trait, so I just imagined that his stache would reflect his mood, kind of like Chiyo-chan's pigtails (if you've ever seen Azumanga Daioh).

The thing that gets me, is we aren't just seeing "the character is mad. The character is happy." Instead, we see "Dr. Mechano is mad. Dr. Mechano is happy." Awesome job!

ROFL! Thank you!! XD

For the third piece... there's alot going on, and I'm running out of time before class here! I'm gonna have to get back to you on this! Seriously though, I'm gonna report this topic and have them change it to "Win on a stick" since Failage is false advertising! I can't wait to see more!

Lol, I know, I got confused with how much was going on in that pic when I was drawing it, especially when trying to position Silver's body (which ended up mostly obscured anyway XP). Sorry for keeping you!

Don't you dare do that! XD ROFL, that'd be false advertising!

• Thumbs Up 1