Awoo.

Resident Evil: Damnation

Badnik Mechanic

I've not seen this on here yet.

Do you remember the resident evil movie?

Noooo no no no nooooo.... Not those movies, the other movie!

nooo not that one... that was a good one yes... I mean this one!

residentevildegeneration530-1.jpg

Oh that one... Well... guess what? It's getting a sequel. Currently going under the title Resident Evil: Damnation, it's a sequel to the original CGI movie that actually has something remotely to do with the Resident Evil series. Nothing is known about the plot just yet only that it's definately happening and Japan will be getting the goods January 2012. Are you ready for the most exciting part yet? Have your pants been cleaned recently because this excitement may make you require change!

It's going to be CGI, but 3D So a 3D CGI movie... in 3D... with things popping out of the screen, 3D.... 3D 3D!!! DEEEEEE!

Well anyway, are you excited? Do you want a sequel to this series? Will you buy a 3D TV DVD B&Q player just to watch this one movie? Or... *whisper* Will you become an alcoholic instead? I did!

Source

Edited by Gnasher

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agent York

• EXshad

• The Tenth Doctor

• Badnik Mechanic

I excited and THIS explains what they meant, since I swear when I was interviewing someone from Capcom and asked about the Resident Evil movies they said after Afterlife (ohohoho) there was going to be a different Resident Evil movie by a different director though in context I asked live-action and they must of missed that, but yes heard the news and excited since I loved Degeneration. For better or worse they announced also there is going to be a 5th installment to the live-action Resident Evil movie series, but I am happy with a sequel to Degeneration and if they could improve a few areas the movie could be something of a Resident Evil fans dream. Also I wonder if like Damnation it's going to be a prequel, Degeneration while it's own stand-alone story still lead into Resident Evil 5 and this may do the same for Resident Evil 6.

But color me excited.

Also calling it now, their going to release a teaser trailer at Tokyo Game Show. If I remember correctly that was where they announced Degeneration too.

Also obligatory video link to the "Fake" bloopers on the DVD. It had some pretty good extras for Resident Evil fans. This was one of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYU3LFYJwYI

Edited by Dusk the Alan Wake Keeper

Oh hell yes.

Degeneration was... meh. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad. The animation was excellent, the voice cast fit the "corny yet well-done" Resident Evil standard, and the plot tied nicely with RE4/5 in a very subtle way. It also was a nice look back at RE2, one of my favorite all-time games. Still, it was kinda slow, there wasn't all that much in the way of character development (even less than the live-action movies at times), but at least it had that undeniable RE charm.

Plus, after being pretty disappointed in Afterlife, hearing that they're picking up so quickly with a sequel to Degeneration makes me happy. And with the news that it's in 3D, maybe it'll hit theaters! (and that's the only case where that would be good news, imo). I'm just wondering what the plot will be: will it be a direct sequel to Degeneration, or will it focus on other characters?

Oh hell yes.

Degeneration was... meh. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad. The animation was excellent, the voice cast fit the "corny yet well-done" Resident Evil standard, and the plot tied nicely with RE4/5 in a very subtle way. It also was a nice look back at RE2, one of my favorite all-time games. Still, it was kinda slow, there wasn't all that much in the way of character development (even less than the live-action movies at times), but at least it had that undeniable RE charm.

Plus, after being pretty disappointed in Afterlife, hearing that they're picking up so quickly with a sequel to Degeneration makes me happy. And with the news that it's in 3D, maybe it'll hit theaters! (and that's the only case where that would be good news, imo). I'm just wondering what the plot will be: will it be a direct sequel to Degeneration, or will it focus on other characters?

Of course we can only take guesses but first we know it'll be canon to the games plot. Now if I can make an out of the blue guess... I think right now they are preparing to step into Resident Evil's new direction, First we have Resident Evil Revelations for the 3DS coming out which promises to maybe be the first look at the new direction. Besides being called Revelations it looks different than 5 and 4 and a mixture of the older and newer games, maybe with more elements we are unaware of, but the thing that sticks out the most in the trailer (besides Zombies and HUNK and the setting) is how Chris and Jill are acting towards one another and it almost seems like their just a bit crazy and mad. The title of this movie, "Resident Evil Damnation" would suggest a similar type of madness. Also it is known for a fact in Resident Evil 4 and 5 they had planned to make far darker, more twisted games and I think with 6 and the things leading up to 6 they want to make the transition from action-centered Resident Evil 5 to their new direction which so far seems to be hinting at dark and twisted. They already said Resident Evil 6 will be a radical change for the series like the switch between Resident Evil 3 and 4, and there are hints in Lost in Nightmares DLC of the direction dealing with a more powerful and twisted source of evil.

So with the title, I believe like how Degeneration linked together Resident Evil 4 and 5 a bit, Damnation may link a bit to Resident Evil 6. I think Revelations, since it stars Chris and Jill, will link Resident Evil 5 and 6 together more than Damnation does (to the point I don't think Chris and Jill will be the stars of Damnation, I think we'll be following some other characters in the lead up to it) but it likely will tell it's own story while still linking it to the 6th game. The characters are up in the air, maybe like Degeneration it will be Leon and Claire again but that's as likely as it being Rebecca and Billy or even Barry or someone. I still think we'll get a teaser trailer at Tokyo Game Show though, but only a teaser.

Of course we can only take guesses but first we know it'll be canon to the games plot. Now if I can make an out of the blue guess... I think right now they are preparing to step into Resident Evil's new direction, First we have Resident Evil Revelations for the 3DS coming out which promises to maybe be the first look at the new direction. Besides being called Revelations it looks different than 5 and 4 and a mixture of the older and newer games, maybe with more elements we are unaware of, but the thing that sticks out the most in the trailer (besides Zombies and HUNK and the setting) is how Chris and Jill are acting towards one another and it almost seems like their just a bit crazy and mad. The title of this movie, "Resident Evil Damnation" would suggest a similar type of madness. Also it is known for a fact in Resident Evil 4 and 5 they had planned to make far darker, more twisted games and I think with 6 and the things leading up to 6 they want to make the transition from action-centered Resident Evil 5 to their new direction which so far seems to be hinting at dark and twisted. They already said Resident Evil 6 will be a radical change for the series like the switch between Resident Evil 3 and 4, and there are hints in Lost in Nightmares DLC of the direction dealing with a more powerful and twisted source of evil.

So with the title, I believe like how Degeneration linked together Resident Evil 4 and 5 a bit, Damnation may link a bit to Resident Evil 6. I think Revelations, since it stars Chris and Jill, will link Resident Evil 5 and 6 together more than Damnation does (to the point I don't think Chris and Jill will be the stars of Damnation, I think we'll be following some other characters in the lead up to it) but it likely will tell it's own story while still linking it to the 6th game. The characters are up in the air, maybe like Degeneration it will be Leon and Claire again but that's as likely as it being Rebecca and Billy or even Barry or someone. I still think we'll get a teaser trailer at Tokyo Game Show though, but only a teaser.

Wow... nice analysis :D I never would have guessed that, based on the title alone... but it does seem to make sense, based on how similar Revelations looks to Lost in Nightmares. And I agree, it shouldn't be Chris and Jill, due to their leading roll in the next main game, plus their main roll in the last one. It'd be cool to see an old pairing, like Rebbecca and Billy... that's some deep fan-service right there, though. That pair isn't nearly as iconic as Chris and Jill, or Leon and Claire. Still, this is a movie made for the fans (I'm guessing), so nothing's out of the question, I suppose. Perhaps maybe Rebbecca and Barry appearing in Mercenaries Reunion actually means something? lol

And I'd like to see that new twisted style, if it truly exists. At the time, RE4 seemed to fit the bill for that perfectly. Then again, I was 13 when I first played it... Plus, RE5 originally was meant to have moments where Chris would get head exhaustion, and see horrifying things in that state. Based on the E3 trailers, I was looking forward to that, but it never happened. So it'd be pretty cool to actually get something that truly redefines what a horror game is all about.

Edited by EXshad

Oh ho, this is definitely interesting. I enjoy the idea of another CGI Resi movie, since Degeneration was pretty good (in my personal opinion).

I also like the thought of the game franchise going into a darker, more twisted direction and wonder how they're going to handle that plot wise. Not to mention character & game play wise. Pacing as well.

Edited by Sajotae

Oh, this is awesome news! I really enjoyed Degeneration, and I can't wait to see what they do story wise for this one.

Also, love the analysis Dusk! I never thought about it like that before, but it does make since in a lot of aspects. I really do hope that this will tie into the new style that capcom is going for in Revelations as well as 6.

Sweet! If I remember one of the interviews on Degeneration said they would think about doing a film with Rebecca if they were to make a sequel. Hope so, I hope we have Barry too. This is just brilliant news, a real Resident Evil movie again. ^^

• 1 month later...

Teaser trailer released. Also seems to be the first look at the new direction of Resident Evil.

They inaccurately (the G4 people) say it's a sequel to Resident Evil Afterlife though it is of Degeneration as we know, but it is looking interesting.

Leon and a whole load of Lickers eh? Well Degeneration only had zombies and a G Monster so a few B.O.W's are awesome! I wonder who our Mr Silhouette is?