Awoo.

SSN announcement

Urtheart

While we've been a little slack on the comments due to SSMB's return, it's about time we got things sorted now that you guys have settled back in.

As such the old rules about replying to all forms of work is returning. Rules are as follows.

1) When replying feel free to give your opinion on a piece of artwork and say why. Posts simply saying "I like it", "Good job" or similar will be deleted on sight with a PM warning and posting like this repeatedly will earn you a strike. You do not have to write a paragraph, but at least put some effort into making a sentence.

2) Do not give scores on art pieces, this does not count as either critique or putting effort into a reply.

3) If you can, go into detail about what you think is good in the picture, what you think could be improved and any other helpful hints you can think of. Doing this is not necessary but is useful for helping the artist to improve their work.

4) Unless an artist specifically requests for them, do not request an artist to do a piece for you. If an artist wishes to do request (posted in their topic or signature), or you wish to discuss things such as an art trade, keep it to PMs.

Examples of a good reply:

I really like the first one. The lack of line art is very awesome. I also like a lot of the heads and the coloring one of female Urth. You guys did a great collab, the gradient on the eye [insert name of whatever covers up your eyes when you close them] is cool. =P

That scared me to shit.

Yeah, they're all good, I really liek your style. Cartoony, yet still evil.

Your coloring is really good, and your characters' faces are adorable.

See doesn't need to be extravagant just say why you like it.

That's all for now, it's nice to see people returning with artwork, and as long as you guys play by the rules, we'll keep letting you have as much freedom as we can while hopefully you guys keep our jobs as easy as possible.

Urthy

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Urtheart

• Katanga Askar

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how you quoted my shortest reply to a thread in SSN so far.

But yeah, from an artist's perspective, it's always helpful to know what you like about things. Don't get me wrong, getting work praised does stroke your ego and make you feel good, but it doesn't help people to improve.