Awoo.

Sonic Advenutre 2: Last Story Glitch (Dreamcast)

RedYellowBlueCR

So I finally got me a copy of Sonic Adventure 2 for Dreamcast again, and I've been playing it all day! I missed that game a lot. Anyways I finally got around to the last story area, and something strange started happening. As soon as I get finished with Tails's part, it will start loading Eggman's. When the screen comes up with Eggman's section, He starts his descend, and immediately fall through the floor. Meanwhile I'm setting here thinking WTF?? He dose it every time, and I'm not sure what's wrong. I even tried restarted the mission, and even restarting the system. I still get the same result. Dose anyone have any insight on what's going on here? 0_o

Edited by HighCaliburFun

Did you get a bootleg copy or something? I have read that burned copies of SA2 will have this problem.

Did you get a bootleg copy or something? I have read that burned copies of SA2 will have this problem.

Well, if this is a pirated version, it sure fooled me. It looked legit. I wasn't even thinking about the possibility of piracy.

Edited by HighCaliburFun

Can we get a photo of the front and back of the disk?

It sounds like a bootleg, but if we could see the box/manual/disk it may answer a few questions, but it definately sounds like a bootleg.

Edit: Actually... it might not be a bootleg.... it could be official, and there is a work-around... sort of...

According tothis site theres a bug in some copies of the game, the only way to fix it is to get a new copy of the game... of course thats not possible anymore as Dreamcast games are no longer on sale.

But if it's the same problem as this guy's then there might be a fix.

It is possible to get to the end. You can still hover after falling through the floor. Press the button and hold up on the analog. You should fly past the floor and into a black area. Keep on pressing up while still holding the hover button. The only way you know you're alive is that you can actually hear the hovering and if you shoot the yellow light will come out.

The light is your only real way of knowing where you are. Now here's the hard part. If you keep on moving forward you'll get to what looks like a building. If you see green sludge at the bottom then you've found the right place. Try to get in front of the building ever-so-slowly and start shooting. If you hit some targets keep hovering down and hopefully the camera angle will switch.

You'll either fall into the sludge and get hit or land in a room with those two water monsters. If you land in the sludge there should be a ledge that moves back and forth for you to jump on. If you can't make it you'll eventually die.

Once you get to this part it's as if the glitch never happened. But it takes a LONG time of practice (I had to get over just falling down to begin with) but it's well worth it, especially to fight against the last boss.

Edited by Casanova

I think I remember reading somewhere that some early copies of SA2 had this bug. Although I got my copy the day it came out, and I never had any problems...

I'll try and see if I can find a source of that bug info...

EDIT: Nevermind, Cassanova beat me to it.

Edited by gamerguy21

Yeah, it sounds like your copy has the old eggman floor bug, as I said previously, there is a workaround, I could only find a reference and a fix to it on neoseeker. Theres a slightly different worded work-around in another part of their site... I'll give you the link and the wording in a moment. I'm not sure how this will impact your chances of getting the best ranking for this stage.

Sega had maded a few bad disks where is a glitch in cannon's core level when is eggman's turn because he miss the floor and fall to the infinite the only way to beat this glitch is: when eggman falls start hoovering and go straight head then eggman will appear in the space with a big pipe in front of him then just go in diagonal to the right until you see another pipe the start falling slowly until you see a green water then start shooting in the air and don't let the a button (hoovering)until eggman hits a switch that stops time then when switch desactivate go down slowly until you enter the level above the green water then just make your way trough the level.

http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/cheats/DC/sonicadv2.html#c24899

With any luck ye shall crush this glitch... I'd stock up on the extra lives though.

Edit: I had a look on a few other sites too, some of the more naughty sites that many people would want shut down. It looks like a lot of the bootleg copies that you can download have this issue, it might be because the people who could upload naughty files had dodgy copies, hence why so many bootlegs are associated with the error.

Edited by Casanova
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, it sounds like your copy has the old eggman floor bug, as I said previously, there is a workaround, I could only find a reference and a fix to it on neoseeker. Theres a slightly different worded work-around in another part of their site... I'll give you the link and the wording in a moment. I'm not sure how this will impact your chances of getting the best ranking for this stage.

http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/cheats/DC/sonicadv2.html#c24899

With any luck ye shall crush this glitch... I'd stock up on the extra lives though.

Thanks, I don't know what the problem is though. I have owned another copy of this game on Dreamcast before, and it never did this, nor my GameCube copy. Its just plain down right weird.

Dayum. If my original copy back in 2001 had this, I think I'd have cried. D:

Can't give much advice other than to get another copy and keep your fingers crossed, sadly.

Damn, I really hope you can get passed that glitch without resorting to buying another copy of the game. I heard about this glitch a few years back, and it sort of stopped me from getting the Dreamcast version of the game.

Still, I wish you the best of luck.

Damn, I really hope you can get passed that glitch without resorting to buying another copy of the game. I heard about this glitch a few years back, and it sort of stopped me from getting the Dreamcast version of the game.

Still, I wish you the best of luck.

What? Even with the possibility of the glitch, I still enjoyed the Dreamcast experience far more then the GameCube one. lol

What? Even with the possibility of the glitch, I still enjoyed the Dreamcast experience far more then the GameCube one. lol

As did I; regardless of whether a minute quantity of SA2 GD-ROMs glitch on the last stage or not, (it can be fixed with a save file that has the last story fully complete, by the way) the Dreamcast version is by far the better of the two. You're better off risking a dodgy disc than knowing that you're playing an inferior game, in my opinion...

Edited by Extaticus

As did I; regardless of whether a minute quantity of SA2 GD-ROMs glitch on the last stage or not, (it can be fixed with a save file that has the last story fully complete, by the way) the Dreamcast version is by far the better of the two. You're better off risking a dodgy disc than knowing that you're playing an inferior game, in my opinion...

I'm just wondering, but why do some people think that the Dreamcast Adventure games are better than their Gamecube ports? I'm just wondering, as I've never had a Dreamcast, and I've looked at screenshots of SA2B and SA2, and they look exactly the same. Not only that, but they were released in the same year... I wonder why they even bothered to add the word, "Battle" in the Gamecube version.

So why are the Dreamcast games better? I'm just curious.

I missed out on the dreamcast. What exactly is better about the Dreamcast version? Not doubting anyone here. I played MGS for the first time on gamecube and thought it was meh, until I got the original on PSN and loved it.

Edited by Lando The Bat

Unless you suffer from the PAL homing attack glitch, It mostly depends by how much you prefer the DC controller versus the GC controller. At least that's the argument for SA 1. In SA 2, you're mostly just holding forward, so the 'cube controller is fine.

Unless a bunch of Big the Cat cameos that you probably won't find unless someone tells you about them really matter so much, it's probably fandom and or nostalgia. Gameplay wise, a few enemies have been moved around (And the GC version has the multiplayer that the DC version really should have had to start with), graphically, they mucked around with Sonic's model a bit and managed to make it even worse than it was in SA 2. The topology on the SA 2 model was pretty nasty, but they made it even worse and then gave it blurry textures ...though it's not really like really matters much, because you only see it from behind unless you're not skipping the cut scenes for some reason.

I've always preferred "Battle" to vanilla SA2. I appreciate the changes they made and the Chao system is a LOT better with an actual status screen when you pick one up.

Unfortunately, such a sentiment is small comfort if striving for the A Rank challenge.

Unfortunately, such a sentiment is small comfort if striving for the A Rank challenge.

Luckly, I already had a perfect A rank save game why back when the game already came out, I'm not interested in getting perfect As anymore. lol