Awoo.

sonic 06, is it possible to finish the game?

suddes

I know Sonic 06 is (as the title gives away) old news now.

When the game was released i purchased it to play on a friend's xbox 360, as i was too skint at the time.

However i just purchased a 360 this year after finally finding some spare cash and enough games to want to buy one.

And even though it wasn't my favourite sonic game, like every other title from the series, i wanted to finish everything and claim all S ranks and medals and whatnot.

But while surfing the web it scares me to find that there is common talk about the game wiping it's own data once you achieve a certain percental of the game.

Can someone confirm this for me , i don't want to sit through all the side missions and loading screens and then suddenly have no record of it all.

Strange, I've never heard that issue before. And frankly, fans have already nitpicked the shit out of it to hell and back looking for every conceivable flaw anyway, so if it were really a problem I probably would've heard about it by now.

In any case, it certaintly is possible to finish the game, and I haven't really seen anything to contest it (beyond people who just plain get sick of its bullshit).

I never heard much like this when the game first came out, and back then everyone was playing it (D: ).

Considering there are achievements you can get, and I've seen some people get every achievement or S Rank on YouTube 'n' stuff, I'd say that if this ever does happen it'd have to be a very rare occurrence, so try not to worry about it.

I think I recall this glitch hitting one or two people. And like, that's it. The kick in the teeth isn't that you lose your data, it's that all the time spent playing that horrid si wasted.

I have all the achievements in this game and my save data is still intact as far as I know. I got all S ranks in all Sonic's DLC, but haven't attempted the other DLC cause I couldn't stand the pain anymore.

I have all the achievements in this game and my save data is still intact as far as I know. I got all S ranks in all Sonic's DLC, but haven't attempted the other DLC cause I couldn't stand the pain anymore.

Speaking of DLC, I still need to buy Shadow and Silver's hard mode levels. Anyone know if the levels are changed AT ALL? In Sonic's hard level, the only level that was truly different or even hard was the first.

Was it the 360 version of Unleashed where there was some bug that made something in the game unobtainable once you went past a certain point (without starting the game over)?

I seem to remember a bit of fuss about something like that around the time the game came out.

Was it the 360 version of Unleashed where there was some bug that made something in the game unobtainable once you went past a certain point (without starting the game over)?

I seem to remember a bit of fuss about something like that around the time the game came out.

Yeah. An NPC vanished, thus preventing you can obtaining an art book. However, it got patched with the Chun-Nan DLC. (And likely again in a later free update)

But while surfing the web it scares me to find that there is common talk about the game wiping it's own data once you achieve a certain percental of the game.

Can someone confirm this for me , i don't want to sit through all the side missions and loading screens and then suddenly have no record of it all.

I can confirm that this is, in fact, total, complete and utter bullshit; it's just another addition to the obese and grotesque list of rumours that idiots and cynics have pumped round the internet since the game's release. Don't be put off by this ridiculous garbage; Sonic '06 is an underrated classic, but most people just can't see the diamond in the rough.

I've never had problems with my playthroughs of SONIC '06. Never stumbled across game-breaking glitches nor blatant programming errors that would render the game unplayable.

I'll say one thing; The majority of SONIC '06's 'glitches' are the kinds of glitches you would definately have to go above and beyond out of your way to accomplish. I will not deny that SONIC '06 is a mess but I will say for the record that SONIC '06 is no where near as glitchy and unplayable as so many make it out to be.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not 100% sure, but I remember that I some point, near the end of Sonic's story, all of the Silver Medals that I had collected in the town stages had reappeared, so I had to collect them again. Nothing major though.