Awoo.

RUMOR(?): Sonic X Shadow Generations to have a Season Pass

DaBigJ

Looks like Sonic X Shadow Generations will have some kind of season pass. Doesn't seem to be the Fortnite type of pass though, which is good. Means you can purchase it separately, I assume.

This is more than fine with me, honestly. Gens not having any DLC was absolutely baffling, so I'm happy to see them trying to rectify it this time around.

• Thumbs Up 1

It'll be quite interesting if after all these years, this is where we finally get Gens DLC levels pouring in.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

Ah, it might be just like those Sonic Unleashed DLC levels, I assume? If so, I hope they are not extra acts of levels and are all new levels altogether,. It might not be as easy as making extra acts, but at least there could be more to come from a Season Pass, and hopefully new levels will come, for both Sonics and Shadow.

Season pass? 
That’s the most dumbest Shit I’ve ever heard. What’s this, epic games?

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Cyb3rkn1ght said:

Season pass? 
That’s the most dumbest Shit I’ve ever heard. What’s this, epic games?

No, not the Battle Pass. A season pass. Think one of the newer Lego games. A couple new outfits, and some new levels. Not skins and virtual currency. Also it's dumbest Shit, not most dumbest shit. (Sorry, a pet peeve of mine is when people say sentences that are not grammatically correct. Ask my friends. I do it to them all the time.) 

Edited by JPearce
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

That’s just repackaged DLC calling itself something other than DLC, but now, you can pre order it before you even know what everything even is you get. 

what doesn’t fill me with confidence is so many “season passes” people think will extend the life of a game, but then we just get one season pass ever, with barely anything in it to show, which makes you wonder what the point even was if doing that vs traditional dlc outside cynically being able to put it up for pre order so you can brag to shareholders about the numbers. Only time you get anything substantial tends to be in fighting games or shooters that have multiple “seasons” of dlc. (Which brings up the issue of when a game releases a “ultimate” or complete edition or something, but then they keep releasing new passes making it not complete/ultimate, but that’s a whole other topic regarding my issue with season passes)

look, it’s not the worst monetization shit, and I’ll take this over locking a stage behind a digital version…but it’s still dumb and not really a good thing in my eyes 

Edited by KHCast
  • Thumbs Up 1

As someone that enjoyed the free seasonal roadmap content for Frontiers, I’m more than happy to pay this time around for more if its top quality (ie - not just skins).

I’m still just happy that this game is finally getting the DLC it deserved when it originally released (via Shadow), so anything else is just a sweet bonus at this stage if Sonic Team can feasibly do it. 

Give me Music Plant, it's all I want.

Anything else is a plus.