Awoo.

SEGA and Anicorn Team Up To Create Luxury Genesis Watches

Failinhearts

Need a little Blast Processing on your wrist? SEGA thinks so, as the video game giant is teaming up with designer watch brand Anicorn to deliver three pretty (and pricey!) watches based on their iconic 16-bit console: The SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive.

Quietly released on December 5th, and now receiving a marketing push by SEGA themselves to push stock, these fancy watches have faces that pay homage to the original Model 1 iterations of the Genesis.

Furthermore, they are accurate to all the region specific details so you can represent the console you grew up with! Whether it's the boastful statement of "High Definition Graphics" on the North American Genesis, the clean silver banner of the European Mega Drive, or the striking splash of pink for the Japanese Mega Drive, no 90s SEGA kid goes unrepresented.

Furthermore each watch comes in a sleek black box with individual numbering, ensuring your retro time-teller is one of a kind!

However, there is a little bit of a catch. Just like games today, these watches you can say are region-locked. You can order only specific watches from the official Anicorn website based on the region you live in.

The Genesis watches are available in North America only, while both Mega Drive variants are locked to European and Asian regions. So if you are a completionist, better have a proxy service or a friend handy...

...As well as plenty of disposable income, for these watches don't come cheap. You are looking at $800 (USD) per watch, so be ready to shell out a lot of gold rings to tell time the SEGA way.

Better hurry up though, stock is limited. What are you waiting for, Nintendo to make one?

You can order the SEGA watches here, on Anicorn's official website.

Original Post Content:

View full story

• Thumbs Up 2

Man I need one of those!

Oh..

MAMA-

Well, I hope it's not too fast! Oh wait...

2 minutes ago, Maple Syrup said:

Maybe it's all a symbolic commentary of how time just seems to slip away from our grasp and we have but a little time on this Earth.

or maybe haha sonic

• Chuckle 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1

1 minute ago, Failinhearts said:

Maybe it's all a symbolic commentary of how time just seems to slip away from our grasp and we have but a little time on this Earth.

Dude, dark.

2 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

or maybe haha sonic

I don't know if I should react to this with either a Chuckle or a My Emmerdoods.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Cyb3rkn1ght said:

Dude, dark.

"You can't do existential dread on Nintendo!"

• Chuckle 3

11 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

I mean, if we are talking about Solid Snake, FF, some Pokemon games, and splatoon, then yeah, no you can’t.

Too expensive guess I’m going back to those digital kids sonic watches lol

• Chuckle 2

Love this! WIsh I could afford it. T_T

2 hours ago, Maple Syrup said:

It's Sega we are talking about here. Not only does it have to be fast, but it just, well..."Gotta go fast!".

That said, these watches look sweet! Maybe I will try to get one of those.

• Chuckle 1

4 hours ago, Failinhearts said:

"But you sure as heck can on PlayStation and Xbox!"

Man...if only I just casually had 800$ just sitting around...