Awoo.

What are your favorite Shadow the Hedgehog moments?

Maple Syrup

Posted (edited)

Today, a video was posted from the official Sonic social media account describing their favorite moments of our beloved Chaos Controlling, Gun Wielding, Motorcycle Riding hedgehog. Here's the video:

Cool, right? I guess we all should share some to keep it going! So... Why do you like Shadow the Hedgehog? What moments in any game, TV show, comic, etc, stood out to you the most? I would really like to know!

(Note: This topic was originally meant to be put in the Shadow the Hedgehog club of SSMB, but I was figuring that some others would like to share too! Since he's the second most popular character in the canon? 😅 I'll stop.)

Edited by Maple Syrup
  • Nice Smile 1

My favourite moments in the entire franchise are with Shadow! Saving the world from Biolizard along with Sonic is the best battle ever! SA2 has such a beautiful story...

Give them a chance to be happy...

Another one, from Sonic 2006! Surrounded by Mephiles, Shadow gets the inhibitor rings off, saying "If the world chooses to become my enemy, I will fight as I always have!", and rescues his friends!

• Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1

I like Shadow because he's interesting, relatable and cool as heck! He gets to the point with only a few words. He's strong and independent, but okay if people like Rouge, Omega, or anybody tags along with him. And sometimes, in Prime especially, his sarcasm is hilarious! My favorite Shadow moment was in the last scene of SA2, when he sacrificed his life for the world. I also really liked that time Shadow broke into the White Acropolis base, being his coolest! And third, the "I found you, faker" scene! So iconic. Honorable mention: that time Shadow kicked Silver on the head after saving Sonic. As you can see, I enjoyed his moments in Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic Adventure 2, and Sonic 06! When Shadow was at his peak!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

I liked when Shadow said "where's that DAMN fourth chaos emerald". It reminded me of how I feel whenever I lose my keys.

• Chuckle 2

My favorite Shadow moment is definitely when he is fighting against the Biolizard in Sonic Adventure 2.

• Fist Bump 1

When he calls Sonic a faker... or when he took off his inhibitor rings 

• Fist Bump 1

"If the world chooses to become my enemy...    ... I will fight like i always have." besides "chaos control"

• 1 month later...

There’s only one cutscene I have in mind for this.

Sure it’s split into several parts, but what the heck.

• Chuckle 1

When he died in SA2 was the best Shadow moment. He should had stay dead.

• Unamused 1

7 hours ago, The Fastest thing alive said:

When he died in SA2 was the best Shadow moment. He should had stay dead.

Gee, the guy with a Classic Sonic profile picture thinks Shadow should have stayed dead? Who could’ve seen this coming?

• Chuckle 3

9 hours ago, Anonymous Gamer said:

Gee, the guy with a Classic Sonic profile picture thinks Shadow should have stayed dead? Who could’ve seen this coming?

Name one good thing that has to do with Shadow after SA2.

Edited by The Fastest thing alive
  • Unamused 1

Whoa, whoa, WHOA, guys! Let's not start an argument here! 

As much as a Shadow fan I am, I see where @The Fastest thing aliveis coming from saying this. It honestly would've made sense! If Shadow didn't go very popular. I think the matter is that SEGA butchered his character to make him a "Kid-Friendly"(I don't know what else to say) rival-type character, and changed his voice. Don't get me wrong, Kirk Thornton is doing REALLY well these days, especially with that LEGO commercial, but 2000's era Shadow is the best Shadow, and so I hope the Year of Shadow campaign, The Prologue animation, Sonic 3, and Keanu Reeves do him justice.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

2 hours ago, The Fastest thing alive said:

The 2005 game is the great.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, The Fastest thing alive said:

His appearances in Heroes, battle, and his characterization in 06 all stand out in my mind as things that did the character justice. His characterization in Sonic Prime was decent as well (though imo Sonic himself left something to be desired). Most of my problems with Shadow's recent depictions are due to SEGA's direction with the character, not the lack of potential for the edgy hedgy.

• Promotion 2

3 hours ago, The Fastest thing alive said:

The year of shadow? Prime? Where are you getting with this?

• Absolutely 1

This topic was clearly intended for people that like Shadow's character so coming along just to express dislike is off-topic.

My real answers are going to be the same as everyone...Shadow saving the Earth from the biolizard/Space Colony Ark with Sonic. Shadow destroying his way through Mephiles clones.

Other than that some more subtler moments come to mind rather than the more badass ones.

Like Shadow Saving Rouge in Sa2. Shadow thinks nobody is worth saving and they should all die, yet Shadow feels bad forRouge and saves her?  The cracks are appearing in Shadow's motivation, I think, Shadow isn't as strongly convicted as he seems to think he is, and he's not as unempathetic as he seems to want to be. Just an interesting piece of characterisation that  prevents Shadow's later change-of-heart from being too out-of-left-field.

Also a moment that suddenly decided to launch itself into my memory today, Shadow's last line of dialogue in Sonic Heroes - simply becuase Shadow's characteristically distant in Sonic Heroes until this very last line where he cracks a smile at Rouge and teases her good-naturedly. Its seems like Shadow's a little chilly but can be warmed him up a bit with some good-natured camaraderie.

I'm not sure how seriously I take the "Sega said they're not friends" rumour but I think Shadow and Rouge are beating the allegations here. We know Shadow doesn't have a sense of humour for just anyone.

Edited by Edgy the Hedgy
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1