Awoo.

Razer Launches 'World Saving' Sneki Snek Merchandising Collab With Sonic

Dreadknux

Gaming lifestyle and accessories brand Razer has launched a new merchandising collaboration with SEGA of America, with a new range of Sonic the Hedgehog themed clothing and accessories featuring the company's sustainability mascot, Sneki Snek.

Hoodie KV - 1080x1080.jpg

The limited-edition collection is available right now via Razer's website, and includes a 'Sneki Snek x Sonic' branded hoodie, t-shirt and thermal bottle. According to the press release, "the collection captures Sonic’s high-energy spirit and unites it with Sneki Snek’s earth-loving ethos to champion conservation through their respective “Gotta Go Fast” and “Save Trees” mottos. The designs incorporate the signature colors and aesthetics found in both brands, with Razer’s acid green and black complemented by SEGA's iconic blue."

Here are the prices for each of the items:

• Sneki Snek x Sonic the Hedgehog Tee – $69.99 USD / €79.99 MSRP
  • Sneki Snek x Sonic the Hedgehog Hoodie – $89.99 USD / €99.99 MSRP
  • Sneki Snek x Sonic the Hedgehog Thermal Bottle – $39.99 USD / €49.99 MSRP

Bottle KV - 1080x1080.jpg Tee KV - 1080x1080.jpg

Proceeds from the sale of any goods from this collection will go towards Razer's conservation partner, Conservation International, with an aim of saving 10 trees per purchase. So it all goes to a good cause.

Details for each product have been included below, straight from the press release.

Sneki Snek x Sonic the Hedgehog Tee

The Sneki Snek x Sonic the Hedgehog Tee offers a relaxed fit and is made from a comfortable, midweight material with just a touch of stretch. It's the perfect blend of casual style and purpose, with an iconic design that supports a cause close to the hearts of mindful gamers.

Sneki Snek x Sonic the Hedgehog Hoodie

Level up your comfort and champion a cause with the Sneki Snek x Sonic the Hedgehog Hoodie! Featuring an adjustable hood and handy front pockets, this collaborative piece between the two gaming legends is a perfect addition to any gamer's wardrobe.

Sneki Snek x Sonic the Hedgehog Thermal Bottle

Sporting the collection’s exclusive collaborative design, the 18oz bottle features thermal insulation, a leak-proof cap and powder-coated finish for a blend of style, functionality, and durability. 

Will you be rocking the black, blue and green in the name of conservationism? Let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Original Post Content:

View full story

Maybe I'm part of the problem because I will never not love that hyper-detailed rendition of Generations' Green Hill Zone promotional art in the background.

Anyway the merch looks neat. I didn't know Razer even had a mascot.

• Thumbs Up 1

Fascinating collab! I don't really see the appeal in these pieces of merch. Does anybody have that much of an attachment to Razer as a brand? Do those same people like Sonic? Do those same people want to spend $90 on a hoodie?! I'm glad it's for a good cause, but...

• Fist Bump 1

That stuff is hideous.

You can instantly tell it's Razor too because the markup for the sake of brand is so crazy.

It also falls into the same hatred i had for the Symphony merch, in the fact it's the same logo pasted on everything, and no real variety.

It looks alright. My secondary PC uses a secondhand Razer keyboard and my old headset was a Razer one. The headset was good but the keyboard is... fine. I think the actuation point on the keys is too high but at least it's a mechanical.

No idea why Razer has to add ridiculous markups onto everything but okay. I'm personally starting to consider them the Apple of PC gaming peripherals.