Awoo.

Hi-Fi Rush, Sea of Thieves, and other Xbox titles coming to PlayStation and Switch!

Ryannumber1gamer

So, if you’ve been under a rock for the past few weeks, you may have missed the numerous leaks and news pieces about some of Xbox’s games going multiplatform. Well, one of the biggest games found in these leaks was the shadow hit - Hi-Fi Rush. 

Shadowdropped during a Xbox reveal stream last year, Hi-Fi Rush is a single player rhythm based hack and slash where you play as a wannabe rocker with a robotic arm - Chai, with help from a robotic cat, and help a ragtag team take down the secretly corrupt and evil Vandelay Technologies in order to stop their scheme of using cybernetics to brainwash and control the population. Filled with insanely good songs, charm, humour, and style, Hi-Fi Rush is a fantastic game, which made it all the more unfortunate that it was locked to only Xbox and PC.

However, just about a month or so ago, more leaks began to emerge of Hi-Fi Rush making its way to competing consoles. Ratings boards began to show the game as coming to PS4, PS5, and Switch. Datamining a new update found cosmetics referencing the PlayStation, Switch, and Epic storefronts retrospectively. Then, insiders all began to talk about the game and how it was planned to spearhead a brand new initiative from Microsoft to release their games outside the Xbox ecosystem.

Well, while it wasn’t announced at the Direct today, it turns it’s because Sony had the announcement, and it’s accidentally been posted early. It’s official - Hi-Fi Rush comes March 18th to other consoles! 

Now, it’s not the first time Microsoft titles have come to other platforms. There’s the likes of the Ori games on Switch, as well as Psychonauts 2 on PS4, but there was usually always conditions to this, such as Psychonauts being obliged to release due to being a crowdfunded game before Microsoft acquired Double Fine, or Mojang insisting on Minecraft remaining multiplatform. This is a pretty big deal that Microsoft is now dropping its exclusives on other consoles.

Either way, if you’ve been unable to play this excellent hack and slash yet, your chance is soon incoming, so be sure to give it a shot!

UPDATE: Official announcement is here, confirming the full lineup of games incoming!

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2024/02/21/new-platforms-new-players-xbox-games-switch-playstation/

Sea of Thieves, Grounded, and Pentiment are all incoming within the next few months, with Hi-Fi Rush going up for pre order today!

• Thumbs Up 1

• The title was changed to Hi-Fi Rush, Sea of Thieves, and other Xbox titles coming to PlayStation and Switch!

Hi Fi Rush was one of the Xbox exclusives I really wanted to try out . Really glad Its coming to other consoles.

The funny thing here is that of all the Xbox titles coming to Switch, it was Sea of Thieves and Hi-Fi Rush that gamers were pegging for - and neither of these are announced as coming to switch and will be for PS5 instead. 

I’m not that surprised given the concessions that would need to be made to make it work - so maybe when Switch 2 is on the Horizon a port will happen. 

Even more of a bummer for me is that I was planning on getting these 2 specifically if it was coming to PS4 as well (as per the rumours) but it *appears* to be going PS5 only if I’ve read the press release right, which is a shame. 

A PVP sandbox of its caliber would definitely benefit better as Switch 2 launch title material, so no surprise in Sea of Thieves' case.

Blast Corps and classic Killer Instinct was possibly put on Switch Online as a console consolation prize from Rare, but I just wish they'd instead make Rare Replay go multiplat already. At least keep the momentum going from they and JFG and put Tooie, Conker, Perfect Dark and even Diddy Racing on the service, then maybe port the post-Microsoft games either on their own or as a smaller compilation, while PC and PS get the full Replay. Star Fox Adventure in Switch's case on top of all that, who knows.

Edited by Supah Berry
  • Thumbs Up 1

No Hi-Fi Rush on Switch is a tremendous blow to me, but I guess I can understand if they don't feel the system is powerful enough to properly run it.

It had BETTER be in the works for the next Nintendo system or so help me, I'll...be very sad.

6 hours ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

No Hi-Fi Rush on Switch is a tremendous blow to me, but I guess I can understand if they don't feel the system is powerful enough to properly run it.

It had BETTER be in the works for the next Nintendo system or so help me, I'll...be very sad.

As I said in the OP, it’s definitely coming to the Switch in some form, let that be on the new Switch or whatever. A rating has already been found and leaked with the initial PS5 leak, and there was a Switch cosmetic datamined in the latest update.

Likely what has happened is they tried to port it to the regular Switch, only to realise despite their best efforts, the Switch was too weak power wise to handle what they need from it. While I’m sure with some optimisation and downscaling, they could’ve got it down to a solid 30fps, with the game being a rhythm game, it basically necessitates 60fps in order to run well enough and play well enough. If it’s definitely skipping the first Switch, I could see it and possibly Sea of Thieves as easy candidates for a Switch 2’s launch window.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/21/2024 at 12:45 PM, mayday2592 said:

Hi Fi Rush was one of the Xbox exclusives I really wanted to try out . Really glad Its coming to other consoles.

Same. It looked fun and kinda silly. I'm just not sure if an rhythm action game is my thing.