Awoo.

How I think Sonic 3 will handle Maria's death

Austroid

As much as most want to see Shadow's backstory be as close to SA2 as possible, it'll likely be changed/toned down a bit; especially if we're having an ACTUAL young girl playing Maria. Don't think Paramount wants to have a girl getting shot in the same series with stuff like Sonic flossing.

Regarding Maria, I think they'll play up the "child with an illness" deal, but make her bed-ridden. Gerald will still be trying to find a cure for her and Shadow will visit her as often as he can. When it comes time for her death, it could be that the military comes to shut down everything Gerald's working on; including the machine keeping Maria on life support. Maria could detach herself from said life support to say some final words to Shadow, and he'll be put in the capsule much like the game.

Its enough to get the point across, but still stay true to the spirit of the game's story, I feel. 

Edited by Austroid

Really feels like the Maria death in peoples heads is way more graphic than the one we've been shown.

• Thumbs Up 2

If she is shot offscreen as Shadow battles GUN....I think it can remain true to SA2

I think they will likely go the Sonic X route, where she’s obviously shot (unless you watch the 4Kids dub) but you don’t actually see her die onscreen.

• Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, ChaosCTRL said:

I think they will likely go the Sonic X route, where she’s obviously shot (unless you watch the 4Kids dub) but you don’t actually see her die onscreen.

(The dub does at least still heavily imply it.)

• Thumbs Up 1

If I don't see her get shot, I'm walking out of the theater.

• Chuckle 1
  • Fist Bump 1

I'm pretty sure I've heard that they're aiming for a PG-13 rating awhile ago.... either way it will be implied and not (fully) shown. And if it is shown to some degree, they probably wont go full on blood. I can see them doing a slow motion bullet scene, then cutting to shadow looking horrified and not showing anything else except maybe her body lying on the ground as she says some last few words.

I just want at least one "damn" from Shadow and at least one scene with him having a gun. I think Knuckles took away his thunder with riding a motorcycle (according to the trailer).