Awoo.

Tails is No Longer Afraid of Labyrinth Zone With New Sonic Origins Patch

nuckles87

• Sonic News

SEGA has released a new patch for Sonic Origins that fixed a notorious bug that sprung up in the game's last patch. For months, the game has crashed whenever Tails entered the water in Labyrinth Zone, causing Sonic 1 to be unbeatable with Tails. Today's patch, 2.0.2, has finally fixed that bug.

The patch also fixes various other unspecified bugs, according to the game's Steam page patch notes.

We confirmed the game doesn't crash in a video we posted on Twitter, which you can check out below:

Sonic News Tips Credit:
Spooky Gems
Original Post Content:
It is interesting they did this now. It seems to be at least on Steam.

View full story

Edited by nuckles87

I'm actually surprised that they fixed it just now, I think it's a pretty important part of the game.

It is astounding that a bug of this magnitude slipped under the radar in the first place. Glad it's fixed, but the game came out a long time ago, and these are ports of games from the 90s. This deserved way more polish and love than Sega has given it.

• Thumbs Up 5

Glad they finally fixed this bizarre game crashing bug, but also sad that this will probably be the final Origins patch. Not that I have any insider information or anything, just that I think in Sega's eyes this is a finished product now.

Going by the scripts, they added only one line of code to Tails' tails object in Sonic 1 and 2 and no other changes, and zero changes whatsoever in CD and 3K, so yeah they're probably done.

Embarrassing that this was even allowed to slip through in the first place, but glad its fixed. Was this bug featured on all platforms, or PC only?

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Chocoburger said:

Embarrassing that this was even allowed to slip through in the first place, but glad its fixed. Was this bug featured on all platforms, or PC only?

Pretty sure it was on all platforms. It also happened on Switch when I tried it.

• Thumbs Up 2