Awoo.

RUMOR: New Sonic game to come out next year among other Sega games

Shiny Gems

with movie 3 on the horizon by the en of next year this comes to no surprise.

I highly doubt that it will be an ambitious title though, my bet is some sort of spinoff or maybe a remaster of the adventure series (remaster, NOT remake!) or a port  of  sonic unleashed for pc and modern systems (a man can dream... :D)

EDIT: now that I think of it, a SA2 Remaster would make perfect sense for Movie 3.

This thing says there's a new Jet Set Radio and the Switch 2 runs as well as the PS5. I'll believe it when they shove it down my skeptical throat.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 2

A Sonic Heroes & Unleashed Remastered Double Pack just to kill two birds with one stone.

• Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, Cosmos Rogue said:

A Sonic Heroes & Unleashed Remastered Double Pack just to kill two birds with one stone.

F173RgJaQAAL0dm.jpg.08ef349e90aa540e98dfd0c2e102227c.jpg

3 hours ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

This thing says there's a new Jet Set Radio and the Switch 2 runs as well as the PS5. I'll believe it when they shove it down my skeptical throat.

Jet Set Radio leaked forever ago dude. The same reel had Persona 3 Reload in it and that was locked in months ago

Comix Zone is extremely likely because it’s getting a movie and Streets of Rage 4 did well so I think SEGA would like to revive some of their older IPs. 

Guardian Heroes is a game made by treasure co. and I recall the CEO said that they had hoped to announce their new game by 2022 but unfortunately nothing has come of that yet. 

• Thumbs Up 1

A new Sonic in 2024 seems a safe bet. New Jet Set Radio seems likely after the leak, although the "Super Game" stuff doesn't make me think we're getting a game too much like the first two, although I'll still try it out. The other two, especially Guardian Heroes, I'll believe it when I see them.

Frontiers 2 and/or another classic collection of the remaining scraps won’t be next year for sure considering DLC 3 is about to release and Origins Plus debuted a few months ago.  

The likely candidate is a dodgy remaster/port of Unleashed / Generations (like they did with Colours).

But more appropriate would be a Sonic Adventure Collection - it’s about time those games were playable on my Switch (throw in Heroes while you’re there SEGA).

….*sigh* it’s going to be the storybook games isn’t it? 

No real clue what the new Sonic game could be. I wasn't expecting Superstars, much less something beyond even that. I'll wait and see on it rather than guess, but I'm gonna presume it's something smaller in scope. Switch 2 running stuff well has been rumored for a while because of its DLSS utilization, but it's mostly exciting to hear that back compat IS in the cards. I hope Nintendo goes back and updates some games to run at higher resolutions/framerates. God knows stuff like Xenoblade really needs it.

9 hours ago, Wraith said:

Jet Set Radio leaked forever ago dude. The same reel had Persona 3 Reload in it and that was locked in months ago

Again, I'll believe it when I see it. A bunch of our correct Frontiers info leaked from something boasting Mario Odyssey 2, and I'm not seeing anything about that in Nintendo's current trajectory.

8 hours ago, Sonicka said:

Frontiers 2 and/or another classic collection of the remaining scraps won’t be next year for sure considering DLC 3 is about to release and Origins Plus debuted a few months ago.  

The likely candidate is a dodgy remaster/port of Unleashed / Generations (like they did with Colours).

But more appropriate would be a Sonic Adventure Collection - it’s about time those games were playable on my Switch (throw in Heroes while you’re there SEGA).

….*sigh* it’s going to be the storybook games isn’t it? 

I mean, I'll buy the adventure series a fourth time, sure.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

Again, I'll believe it when I see it. A bunch of our correct Frontiers info leaked from something boasting Mario Odyssey 2, and I'm not seeing anything about that in Nintendo's current trajectory.

Well, I saw a video of JSR reboot footage along with Persona 3 and Frontiers beta a few months ago. I don't have it right now but it was posted online.

But still, the leaker might have saw the video and made up the rest, so I'm not sure...

I could absolutely see something Adventure-era for 2024 alongside Movie 3.

Some folk said that the SA1 flashbacks in Frontiers don't seem to fully match any current official release and there's also the recent speculation about Sonic Heroes that keeps coming up.

A collection of ports of SA1, 2 and Heroes with some QOL updates (essentially official versions of the most popular mods for the PC versions) would do insanely well, I just don't know if SEGA would feel that's too much even for a full-price release.

If nothing else, an SA2 re-release to go with all the Sonic VS Shadow marketing you know Movie 3 will hype up seems very possible.

A new Sonic Adventure port based on the DC version would be nice. 

1 hour ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

That wasn't a new game, that was a Jet Set Radio-themed DLC for a game that's already out.

That's a separate thing. The Jet Set Radio game is part of SEGA's super game initiative along with Crazy Taxi. 

Okay, I stand corrected, I saw the roller champions footage on a phone and assumed it was the same thing.

Still a dogshit artstyle, unfortunately.

And regardless, even real leaks still come with potentially false ones included. I remain under the "believe it when I see it" police either way.

35 minutes ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

Okay, I stand corrected, I saw the roller champions footage on a phone and assumed it was the same thing.

Still a dogshit artstyle, unfortunately.

And regardless, even real leaks still come with potentially false ones included. I remain under the "believe it when I see it" police either way.

The thing is, at this point multiple sources have pointed to a new JSR game, likely one of SEGA's mysterious "Super Games", coming out in the next few years. I seem to remember it being supposedly pegged for 2026 however. 

The rumour that's the subject of this thread however is what exactly? There's almost no details about anything, least of all Sonic. It's so vague and reliant on reiterating other leaks that it's not only difficult to determine it's authenticity now but would also be pointless to do so in the future. The extent of the Sonic portion is "there will be a new Sonic game in 2024". Uh... Okay? Any new Sonic release would "confirm". It's meaningless.