Awoo.

Sonic Channel Calendar June 2023: Romeo Marine & Juliet Tails

Sonictrainer

Tail as old as time

ohghiri_230526_eye.jpg

This time, Tails in a cute costume playing the heroine on the stage and Marine playing the gorgeous and brave leading role will appear! In contrast to Marine, who livens up the play by pretending to be his character, Tails seems to be perplexed by this situation...?

Calendar PDF: https://sonic.sega.jp/SonicChannel/enjoy/image/calendar_2306.pdf

Calendar Story - Act 6: The True Princess?! (Translated by Azure Wind Productions)

Spoiler

The stage of the theater shines in the spotlight. The heroine of the play, Tails, appears gracefully from the balcony of the set, dressed in a dazzling dress. The audience watches with bated breath as he delivers the famous lines…

“Oh, Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou—wait, what?!”

…Romeo? Why am I singing?! What is this music? …And where am I? Tails, who had been playing the part until now, suddenly came to his senses and panicked!

He was flailing his skirt flustered, as if he had just realized how many spectators were watching him. Then a familiar voice came from downstairs.

“Ah, my dear fox cub, Juliet! I just can’t help bein’ so handsome, ya see! ♪“

Tails leans over the balcony and is surprised to see who was singing.

It was Marine, a raccoon girl who had once adventured with Tails… she was dressed in an antique-looking costume and sang to him with an entranced expression on her face.

“Marine! Why are you here…? And that weird outfit… what are you even doing here?”
“(…Bonehead! Tails! What’re ya doin’? We’re in the middle of a show! We did it yesterday, didn’t we?)”
“A show? Sure, we did it yesterday, but… huh? Why do I have that memory?! And what’s with the dress?!”

Tails is distraught with embarrassment, but Marine looks him in the eye and speaks to him in a whisper.

“(Did ya forget the lines or somethin’? That’s no good. I think the audience noticed by now!)”
“Oh yeah! We were performing just now!”

There is indeed a strange, “unremembered” memory in Tails that he has been on stage before. But now that he is confused, he is not ready to perform. Marine tries to encourage Tails, who is fretful with tears in his eyes.

“(…Awright! I’ll take care of this! The show must go on, Tails!)”
“Thank you. I never thought I’d see the day when that unfounded confidence of yours would seem so dependable…”

“(I’m always dependable, ya know!) …Think back to our vibrant, wacky dream days, Juliet! ♪“
“Huh? O-Oh, Romeo! ♪ I don’t know if your exploits were vibrant or not… but those days were fun! ♪“

…Thus, Marine’s overtly helpful lines and Tails’s subtly off-the-cuff responses were surprisingly well received by the audience, and they managed to get through that day’s performance.

A few days later…

After settling down, Tails did his own research on this changed world and was able to get a general idea of what was going on.

Tails tells this to Marine every day and persuades her to take some action… Marine, who remembers him as the leader of a theater troupe called “The Coconut Troupe,” has no idea what he is talking about. On the contrary, Marine takes it all as an idea for a play and includes it in some way in the content of the next play…

Tails was getting fed up with the futility of his daily appeals. After the play, Tails is sitting in his dressing room, feeling helpless as usual, when Marine enters the room in a good mood.

“Good work out there, Tails! Today’s show was blastin’ and bumpin’! Thanks for providin’ me with loads of interesting material every time!”

With that, she opens the refrigerator with a familiar motion, pulls out a cup filled with a half-gelatinous liquid in a suspiciously primary color from inside, and hands it to Tails with an air of smugness.

“…Go on, down my special drink that gives ya oodles of energy! Blue Material with rice-malt and coconut juice! So energetic, ya could burst!”
“Th-Thanks… I’ll pass… I’m still trying to stay healthy. Anyway, so we talked about Eggman yesterday…”

Tails tries to explain the situation to Marine, hoping that today will be the day.

“Already discussin’ the material for our play? You talkin’ ’bout that shady old guy who’s doing all kinds of crazy stuff to take over the world?”

In her mind, “Eggman” was an evil old gentleman who interfered with the main characters in the play. She made him take the stage in an unbecoming manner, such as calling his name silly, but he was also very popular. Tails, feeling that they were somewhat on the same page, continued to talk, undaunted.

“And you probably don’t know this, but Silver…”
“You mean that famous genius skater who is psychic! No worries. I’ll use him on stage tomorrow! Now don’t use that opportunity to elope, okay?!”
“…Sigh.”

Fashion-heavy vocalists, an egg fortune teller, and mysterious hero “Vector Man”… no matter how many examples Tails gives of these situations, which have been drastically altered from the original world, Marine treats them all as stories for a play.

With Tails’s shoulders drooping, Marine sits down next to him with an overly compassionate expression on her face and slowly speaks to him.

“Look, Tails. I really value your seriousness in coming up with new material. I have a dream and a mission as the leader of the Coconut Troupe. If I can make everyone in the world smile by performing again and again, I will use the money I earn to build the Marine Palace!”

Marine puts one foot on the couch and raises up a clenched fist. It would have been a fine speech if not for the second half… but Tails chuckles, thinking that her likable crassness is also another good thing about Marine.

“…I respect your spirit. But… I’m telling the truth and not a story. And you don’t belong here either, you know? Oh yeah! You live in the same world as Blaze! Does this remind you of anything?”
“What the?! The same world as Blaze?!”

Marine’s eyes widen and she shows a big reaction. A few seconds of silence dominates the dressing room.

At last, at long last, the light returns to Tails’s eyes, as if he has finally gotten his tale across…

“…I got it! That means… it’s finally time for me to become a magical princess too!”
“Why are you like this?!”

Tails closes his eyes and feels crushed by a sense of helplessness. Is he the only one who senses something wrong with the world? A great feeling of loneliness and despair overtook Tails.

“Wa-Waaaahhhhh!”

Thinking it was hopeless, Tails ran out of the dressing room, not caring that his skirt was in disarray.

“T-Tails, hold it right there!”

She shouts that, but doesn’t go after him… Marine, snickering at his constant distress, takes a sip of the drink she failed to give Tails…

“Ew, yuck! What the heck’s this?!”

The sheer awfulness of the taste made her scream the loudest of the day.

The Curtain Falls…
“The Coconut Troupe”

A very popular theatrical troupe, led by Tails, the signature actor, and Marine, the ambitious chairman of the troupe. Although their appearance and memories have changed, they still seem to retain their original personalities…

…And then it happened. The back door of the theater suddenly opened, and a figure came running out of the back door in a soft peach-colored dress with a ridiculous form and smashed into my chest, knocking me over!

“I-I’m so sorry!”

Then, the figure I swear I’ve seen before lifted the hem of his skirt and tried to stand up… as soon as he saw me, he froze for a few seconds and then… in a thin, squeezed out voice, he spoke up as he turned to me.

“S-Sonic?! You’re Sonic, aren’t you?! You’re dressed like that, but you’re Sonic, right?!”
“Of course I am, Tails! You look awfully cute now… it looks pretty good on you.”

…And then Tails sank down to the floor again. He started crying in the back alley of the theater, making me feel like I just picked on a girl!

Tails was amazed that I didn’t change after the anomaly! He told me through the weeps and smiles that this is just what he’d expect from me, but that was my line, wasn’t it, Tails?

A while later…

“So, this world has changed drastically due to some “anomaly” caused by Eggman.”

After regaining his composure, Tails began to sort out the circumstances for Sonic.

“We were all trying to stop “something” right up until the last minute, but we didn’t make it. We all looked and remembered differently and were replaced by something else… only you somehow escaped the anomaly.”
“…So did you, Tails.”

Tails points above himself, a little embarrassed and humbled that he had a time lag.

“I think it was this that helped me remember who I used to be.”
“That matching tiara?”

Slightly embarrassed again at Sonic’s teasing, Tails explains that before the anomaly, he was in possession of a yellow Chaos Emerald.

“This tiara, I’m sure, is a Chaos Emerald’s altered form. It must have exerted some kind of power to protect the memories I had… I think.”

Sonic nods dramatically.

“I see, so that means the thing I’ve got is also…?”
“That’s right! It’s a Chaos Emerald! You had it too! Maybe my theory is right after all…”

Tails goes on to mention that there must be others like him who have recovered their memories.

“OK, I get it, Tails! First, I’m going to find the ones who have a Chaos Emerald! Together, we’ll solve the mystery of the anomaly! Then we’ll defeat Eggman and restore the world! That’s the whole point, isn’t it?”
“Yeah! I think the Chaos Emeralds can be identified by my energy detector!”
“Great! You’re still the best, Tails! …Eggman’s out of luck, isn’t he? Of all the people to keep their memories, it happened to be us!”

They silently exchanged thumbs ups and started running. The counteroffensive signal fire against this anomaly that has occurred in the world has now been lit by the world’s greatest duo.

TO BE CONTINUED

• Nice Smile 2
  • Chuckle 2
  • Way Past Cool 2

So glad Marine won! She's an underrated character that really needs more attention.

Not entirely sure how Tails ended up in this situation though. His confused expression says it all really!

"What light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Tails is the sun."

This is kinda cute lol

When I played Sonic 3 for the first time (I believe that I played 3 before 2 at first), I thought that Tails was a girl, because of the fluffy and cute look. Then later I learned that Tails was a boy. This artwork brought me back to that vision of Tails that I had when I played Sonic 3 for the first time, along with some lost memories of those moments, so it oddly has some nostalgia value for me.

Marine is... ok, it's nice to see her but IMO they definitely did a better job with Tails in this artwork.

• Thumbs Up 1

Marine! My girl is here! She looks like a swave captain, as she should.

Tails looks comfy with himself, good for him.

• Nice Smile 1

What da fuq?

Who even thought of this theme?

Looks like Tails lost another bet. He really should be more careful.

• Thumbs Up 1

More like...

Marine: Let's play Romeo and Juliet!

Tails: Uh, what? ...I don't...

Marine: You will be Juliet

Tails: NO.

Marine: ...😢->🥺 *Kawaii no jutsu with sparkling eyes*

Tails: Well... ok I'll play, but I don't want to...

Marine: YEAH THANK YOU, TAKE THIS, THIS IS THE DRESS, THIS IS THE PLOT, YOU HAVE TO SAY THIS AND THIS, THEN WALK THERE WHILE I DO THIS, THEN THE NEXT SCENE I WILL... etc.

And this is how Julieo and Romet came to existence lol

• Chuckle 2

Do those things have an official story somewhere? Or just that short blurb?

11 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Do those things have an official story somewhere? Or just that short blurb?

Yes, but it hasn't been posted yet.

• Thumbs Up 4

20 hours ago, Iko said:

More like...

Marine: Let's play Romeo and Juliet!

Tails: Uh, what? ...I don't...

Marine: You will be Juliet

Tails: NO.

Marine: ...😢->🥺 *Kawaii no jutsu with sparkling eyes*

Tails: Well... ok I'll play, but I don't want to...

Marine: YEAH THANK YOU, TAKE THIS, THIS IS THE DRESS, THIS IS THE PLOT, YOU HAVE TO SAY THIS AND THIS, THEN WALK THERE WHILE I DO THIS, THEN THE NEXT SCENE I WILL... etc.

And this is how Julieo and Romet came to existence lol

You’d think Marine would be smart enough to know which genders Romeo and Juliet are.

But perhaps being a sailor doesn’t make you an expert on The Bard I guess.

• Chuckle 1

2 hours ago, MGA_Gamer said:

You’d think Marine would be smart enough to know which genders Romeo and Juliet are.

But perhaps being a sailor doesn’t make you an expert on The Bard I guess.

There's a liable chance she knew....but just didn't care.

Or just wanted to get Tails in a dress because she preferred the role of Romeo.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

I found a Translation group called Azure Wind Productions that have been translating all of the Sonic Channel Calendar Stories from the Sonic Channel Blogs this year

Here is their translation for this month's story

https://browniehideout.wordpress.com/2023/05/31/sonic-channel-calendar-otherworld-comedy-story-act-6-the-true-princess-june-2023/

Spoiler

Sonic Channel Calendar “Otherworld Comedy” - Story Act 6: The True Princess?! (June 2023)
The stage of the theater shines in the spotlight. The heroine of the play, Tails, appears gracefully from the balcony of the set, dressed in a dazzling dress. The audience watches with bated breath as he delivers the famous lines…

“Oh, Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou—wait, what?!”

…Romeo? Why am I singing?! What is this music? …And where am I? Tails, who had been playing the part until now, suddenly came to his senses and panicked!

He was flailing his skirt flustered, as if he had just realized how many spectators were watching him. Then a familiar voice came from downstairs.

“Ah, my dear fox cub, Juliet! I just can’t help bein’ so handsome, ya see! ♪“

Tails leans over the balcony and is surprised to see who was singing.

It was Marine, a raccoon girl who had once adventured with Tails… she was dressed in an antique-looking costume and sang to him with an entranced expression on her face.

“Marine! Why are you here…? And that weird outfit… what are you even doing here?”
“(…Bonehead! Tails! What’re ya doin’? We’re in the middle of a show! We did it yesterday, didn’t we?)”
“A show? Sure, we did it yesterday, but… huh? Why do I have that memory?! And what’s with the dress?!”

Tails is distraught with embarrassment, but Marine looks him in the eye and speaks to him in a whisper.

“(Did ya forget the lines or somethin’? That’s no good. I think the audience noticed by now!)”
“Oh yeah! We were performing just now!”

There is indeed a strange, “unremembered” memory in Tails that he has been on stage before. But now that he is confused, he is not ready to perform. Marine tries to encourage Tails, who is fretful with tears in his eyes.

“(…Awright! I’ll take care of this! The show must go on, Tails!)”
“Thank you. I never thought I’d see the day when that unfounded confidence of yours would seem so dependable…”

“(I’m always dependable, ya know!) …Think back to our vibrant, wacky dream days, Juliet! ♪“
“Huh? O-Oh, Romeo! ♪ I don’t know if your exploits were vibrant or not… but those days were fun! ♪“

…Thus, Marine’s overtly helpful lines and Tails’s subtly off-the-cuff responses were surprisingly well received by the audience, and they managed to get through that day’s performance.

A few days later…

After settling down, Tails did his own research on this changed world and was able to get a general idea of what was going on.

Tails tells this to Marine every day and persuades her to take some action… Marine, who remembers him as the leader of a theater troupe called “The Coconut Troupe,” has no idea what he is talking about. On the contrary, Marine takes it all as an idea for a play and includes it in some way in the content of the next play…

Tails was getting fed up with the futility of his daily appeals. After the play, Tails is sitting in his dressing room, feeling helpless as usual, when Marine enters the room in a good mood.

“Good work out there, Tails! Today’s show was blastin’ and bumpin’! Thanks for providin’ me with loads of interesting material every time!”

With that, she opens the refrigerator with a familiar motion, pulls out a cup filled with a half-gelatinous liquid in a suspiciously primary color from inside, and hands it to Tails with an air of smugness.

“…Go on, down my special drink that gives ya oodles of energy! Blue Material with rice-malt and coconut juice! So energetic, ya could burst!”
“Th-Thanks… I’ll pass… I’m still trying to stay healthy. Anyway, so we talked about Eggman yesterday…”

Tails tries to explain the situation to Marine, hoping that today will be the day.

“Already discussin’ the material for our play? You talkin’ ’bout that shady old guy who’s doing all kinds of crazy stuff to take over the world?”

In her mind, “Eggman” was an evil old gentleman who interfered with the main characters in the play. She made him take the stage in an unbecoming manner, such as calling his name silly, but he was also very popular. Tails, feeling that they were somewhat on the same page, continued to talk, undaunted.

“And you probably don’t know this, but Silver…”
“You mean that famous genius skater who is psychic! No worries. I’ll use him on stage tomorrow! Now don’t use that opportunity to elope, okay?!”
“…Sigh.”

Fashion-heavy vocalists, an egg fortune teller, and mysterious hero “Vector Man”… no matter how many examples Tails gives of these situations, which have been drastically altered from the original world, Marine treats them all as stories for a play.

With Tails’s shoulders drooping, Marine sits down next to him with an overly compassionate expression on her face and slowly speaks to him.

“Look, Tails. I really value your seriousness in coming up with new material. I have a dream and a mission as the leader of the Coconut Troupe. If I can make everyone in the world smile by performing again and again, I will use the money I earn to build the Marine Palace!”

Marine puts one foot on the couch and raises up a clenched fist. It would have been a fine speech if not for the second half… but Tails chuckles, thinking that her likable crassness is also another good thing about Marine.

“…I respect your spirit. But… I’m telling the truth and not a story. And you don’t belong here either, you know? Oh yeah! You live in the same world as Blaze! Does this remind you of anything?”
“What the?! The same world as Blaze?!”

Marine’s eyes widen and she shows a big reaction. A few seconds of silence dominates the dressing room.

At last, at long last, the light returns to Tails’s eyes, as if he has finally gotten his tale across…

“…I got it! That means… it’s finally time for me to become a magical princess too!”
“Why are you like this?!”

Tails closes his eyes and feels crushed by a sense of helplessness. Is he the only one who senses something wrong with the world? A great feeling of loneliness and despair overtook Tails.

“Wa-Waaaahhhhh!”

Thinking it was hopeless, Tails ran out of the dressing room, not caring that his skirt was in disarray.

“T-Tails, hold it right there!”

She shouts that, but doesn’t go after him… Marine, snickering at his constant distress, takes a sip of the drink she failed to give Tails…

“Ew, yuck! What the heck’s this?!”

The sheer awfulness of the taste made her scream the loudest of the day.

The Curtain Falls…
“The Coconut Troupe”

A very popular theatrical troupe, led by Tails, the signature actor, and Marine, the ambitious chairman of the troupe. Although their appearance and memories have changed, they still seem to retain their original personalities…

…And then it happened. The back door of the theater suddenly opened, and a figure came running out of the back door in a soft peach-colored dress with a ridiculous form and smashed into my chest, knocking me over!

“I-I’m so sorry!”

Then, the figure I swear I’ve seen before lifted the hem of his skirt and tried to stand up… as soon as he saw me, he froze for a few seconds and then… in a thin, squeezed out voice, he spoke up as he turned to me.

“S-Sonic?! You’re Sonic, aren’t you?! You’re dressed like that, but you’re Sonic, right?!”
“Of course I am, Tails! You look awfully cute now… it looks pretty good on you.”

…And then Tails sank down to the floor again. He started crying in the back alley of the theater, making me feel like I just picked on a girl!

Tails was amazed that I didn’t change after the anomaly! He told me through the weeps and smiles that this is just what he’d expect from me, but that was my line, wasn’t it, Tails?

A while later…

“So, this world has changed drastically due to some “anomaly” caused by Eggman.”

After regaining his composure, Tails began to sort out the circumstances for Sonic.

“We were all trying to stop “something” right up until the last minute, but we didn’t make it. We all looked and remembered differently and were replaced by something else… only you somehow escaped the anomaly.”
“…So did you, Tails.”

Tails points above himself, a little embarrassed and humbled that he had a time lag.

“I think it was this that helped me remember who I used to be.”
“That matching tiara?”

Slightly embarrassed again at Sonic’s teasing, Tails explains that before the anomaly, he was in possession of a yellow Chaos Emerald.

“This tiara, I’m sure, is a Chaos Emerald’s altered form. It must have exerted some kind of power to protect the memories I had… I think.”

Sonic nods dramatically.

“I see, so that means the thing I’ve got is also…?”
“That’s right! It’s a Chaos Emerald! You had it too! Maybe my theory is right after all…”

Tails goes on to mention that there must be others like him who have recovered their memories.

“OK, I get it, Tails! First, I’m going to find the ones who have a Chaos Emerald! Together, we’ll solve the mystery of the anomaly! Then we’ll defeat Eggman and restore the world! That’s the whole point, isn’t it?”
“Yeah! I think the Chaos Emeralds can be identified by my energy detector!”
“Great! You’re still the best, Tails! …Eggman’s out of luck, isn’t he? Of all the people to keep their memories, it happened to be us!”

They silently exchanged thumbs ups and started running. The counteroffensive signal fire against this anomaly that has occurred in the world has now been lit by the world’s greatest duo.

TO BE CONTINUED