Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog IDW #52: Reader Reaction & Review

Sonictrainer

Issue #52 is officially out today.

Fa8XjmZXoAA4JoL?format=jpg&name=large

In this topic, you can discuss events that happened, post some pros & cons, and discuss what might happen in the upcoming issue.

At least we now know what that device is that Surge has in some of the covers.

• Thumbs Up 3

5 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

....its out today?

Yes.

I just bought & read the digital version sometime after I got home from work.

52 hmmm.

Bare with me, why those last 2 issues even exist? Why issue 50 couldn't end with heroes casually escaping? Best guess I have it's a 'buffer' between Surge stories, so she doesn't dominate too many issues in a row.

Story wasn't bad per se, but it definitely feels like it kinda here to fill out space. Heroes fight Eggman, win, go home. KIt's and Belle's progress is minimal.

Only uptake is Surge setting up her next story with that goofy hat. Is it me or did Even's art made her look less... wild than ABT and Roth drew her? Either way art was still great, some awesome shots of Metal.

Yupyup, its out alright. Snatched it and read it.

Kit evokes such a rollercoaster of emotions for me. It's fun seeing Kit being a menace, but on the other hand adorable like a kid playing in the rain/ with water. It's heartwarming to see. Then we see him oblige Sonics request for aid with a curt, yes sir... invoking a sad feeling that he really can't help from buckling and under strong assertive requests/ orders.

Makes me wonder did starline create Kit and Surge to be Tails and Sonic's personality traits in the extremes? Since being humble (Tails) taken to the extreme is subservience. If so... then Tails might have a menacing streak in him somewhere deep down as we see Kit completely go Terminator/ purple eyes glowing the moment Surge gives him an order or is under threat. Then again it might be protectiveness of friends (Tails) being taken to the extreme.

It was somehow refreshing to see Sonic being down for the count for once with his leg all banged up. And the way he forms his plead for aid from Kit reinforces that Surge was modeled after Sonic, but way more brash about it. The (late) Dr. Starline even mentioned so in the IDW spinoff Imposter Syndrome #1 that Surge's brash behaviour is a trait inherent in Sonic, but we see it way toned down in the blue blur.

Cute references to the SA2 references in the storage room with Cubot. From containers to even the gun with scope eggman used to keep Amy hostage at gun point on the ARK

All in all this issue feels like set-up for Surge to start wrecking $#!+ in the next issue given what we know about the covers of said issues.

6 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

52 hmmm.

Bare with me, why those last 2 issues even exist? Why issue 50 couldn't end with heroes casually escaping? Best guess I have it's a 'buffer' between Surge stories, so she doesn't dominate too many issues in a row.

Story wasn't bad per se, but it definitely feels like it kinda here to fill out space. Heroes fight Eggman, win, go home. KIt's and Belle's progress is minimal.

Only uptake is Surge setting up her next story with that goofy hat. Is it me or did Even's art made her look less... wild than ABT and Roth drew her? Either way art was still great, some awesome shots of Metal.

Evan's art is softer in general yea.

1 hour ago, Red said:
  Hide contents

20220831_134021.jpg.5f0b161a08c52f55bf79498b836b38b7.jpg

This feels like a jab at Shadow the Hedgehog (game) lol

I enjoyed the issue but wish we could see more of Kit. 

That's the gun eggman used to hold Amy at gun point in SA2 right before he bamboozled Sonic and Tails aboard the ARK. Love the reference.

lk2m2sp0x0f41.jpg.843eda860ec66908256940f61ae5d306.jpg

• Thumbs Up 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2022 at 2:50 AM, DabigRG said:

I completely forgot there was talk about going the Bumbleking Forums method of reacting to new issues now. 

Yeah. Like old times.