Awoo.

Lost Sonic Movie story DISCOVERED - "Sonic the Hedgehog and the Wonders of the World"

DaBigJ

Well, this was unexpected.

I saw the official Sonic Stadium account retweet this, and I'm not sure if a mod was gonna make a topic or not (if one was, I apologize for this), but I feel like this is a pretty big thing that deserved it's own topic ASAP.

If I'm not wrong, this was meant to tie into the cancelled Sonic X-Treme, but with that getting....boned, this was also boned. If I'm wrong about this, please correct me.

Reading the story...yeah, it sounds like a clichéd "character comes to our world" story, but I dunno, it could've worked if it had the right team. What do you guys think? Are you glad it was cancelled? Do you wish it actually happened? Or are you just completely indifferent?

To think, this would've been the first live action cgi hybrid Sonic the Hedgehog movie, way before Paramount's take! What a timeline that would've been.

• Thumbs Up 5

Hmm, interesting. This is the "Eggman traps everyone in an amusement park for evilz" one, right? I'll have to read it later on. But, with a bit of a rework, it could be a perfect plot for Paramount's new Sonic show. (Nice way of adapting Colors, too!)

• Thumbs Up 1

That stupid airplane pilot reincarnation story rears up once again. Phew. Glad this project went nowhere, I can't imagine any of this would've made a good movie. 

• Thumbs Up 2

This is almost close to Paramount's portrayal of Sonic the Hedgehog in the first movie, with Sonic meeting up with a human character and going on adventures with that human character.  The only difference is that Sonic is a video game character who jumped out of the TV screen, instead of being seen as a real alien being who happens to live in another world.  I don't know if I wanted this movie to be the first Sonic movie.  I feel like the movie would have been a stereotypical "hey, this cool fictional character is in our world" plot line with no real heart to it.

• Thumbs Up 3

23 hours ago, VO.SUPER said:

That stupid airplane pilot reincarnation story rears up once again. Phew. Glad this project went nowhere, I can't imagine any of this would've made a good movie. 

Oh, I'd ditch the "reincarnated dead 'Murican pilot" shit for SURE. Just Eggman building an amusement park, enslaving the kids within, and then sending back his robot clones in their place. That part works perfectly - goofy enough to be kid-friendly, but still horrifying enough to show the extent of Eggman's evil.

• Thumbs Up 2

Interesting find, but I’m kinda glad it got canned. The plot is basically a run-of-the-mill “fictional character…but in the real world!” movie. The amusement park thing sounds cool though.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/9/2022 at 1:56 AM, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

Well, this was unexpected.

I saw the official Sonic Stadium account retweet this, and I'm not sure if a mod was gonna make a topic or not (if one was, I apologize for this), but I feel like this is a pretty big thing that deserved it's own topic ASAP.

If I'm not wrong, this was meant to tie into the cancelled Sonic X-Treme, but with that getting....boned, this was also boned. If I'm wrong about this, please correct me.

Reading the story...yeah, it sounds like a clichéd "character comes to our world" story, but I dunno, it could've worked if it had the right team. What do you guys think? Are you glad it was cancelled? Do you wish it actually happened? Or are you just completely indifferent?

To think, this would've been the first live action cgi hybrid Sonic the Hedgehog movie, way before Paramount's take! What a timeline that would've been.

Oh! I love reading about unreleased movies! Just a little bummed that there was no full script.