Awoo.

Should we see more members of the Robotnik family in the games?

EmTiven01

Granted, other forms of Sonic media have already done this but I think this is something that has potential in the games. There's already Gerald and Maria and Eggman's desendant Eggman Nega, but are there any other living members of the Robotnik family in the present?

• Thumbs Up 1

I feel like they've already largely wasted the opportunity, with Gerald. The first of Eggman's relatives to be introduced, someone he looked up to, someone who presumably shaped how he views science and scientists, and thus himself, and...all it amounts to is a couple of lines with no real exploration of it. If exploring Eggman's connection to Gerald wasn't worth the time, what familial relationship would be?

I will admit I liked the concept behind Eggette/Omelette, giving Eggman a young protege, someone to look more stable and competent in comparison to, someone to have a more positive relationship with compared to his robots...basically just doing a Bowser Jr. But I can only imagine it working in one of the more lighthearted/goofier takes on the series.

• Thumbs Up 7

2 hours ago, Diogenes said:

I will admit I liked the concept behind Eggette/Omelette, giving Eggman a young protege, someone to look more stable and competent in comparison to, someone to have a more positive relationship with compared to his robots...basically just doing a Bowser Jr. But I can only imagine it working in one of the more lighthearted/goofier takes on the series.

While this sounds like a fun idea, I feel like they should explore his relationship with Metal Sonic more. In the current comics hes somewhat of a son to him. It's cool.

Broad question. It all depends on the idea, execution and tone we're aiming for.

Eggette is popular idea, but I think she would work awkwardly if we ever try more serious tone. Heck, even IDW would feel weird with her.

And hey, anyone remembers Momma Robotnik?

I don't think we need her in the games.

One idea I have is Eggman having a niece who looks identical to Maria. (Much like how Gerald looks like an older Eggman)

• Thumbs Up 1

I think they can still invest a bit more with Gerald in the canon making more parts of his journal. And even tell more about Eggman himself. It would be cool to at least show him before he became that awesome mad scientist that he is today.

• Thumbs Up 1