Awoo.

Splatoon 3 (Eggstra Work #5: May 10th - 12th, 2024)

Sonictrainer

We have a new trailer for the June/July/August 2023 Season, called Sizzle Season

Sizzle Season 2023 arrives in #Splatoon3 on 6/1! Get fired up with new weapons, stages, challenges, and more!

• 4 weeks later...

FyNhfy7XsAUzK_z?format=jpg&name=large

If you participated in this weekend's BIG RUN in Undertow Spillway, here are the results

BIG RUN #3 Ratings

• The Top 5%/Gold Rewards: 150 Golden Eggs or Higher
  • The Top 20%/Silver Rewards: 124 - 149 Golden Eggs
  • The Top 50%/Bronze Rewards: 94 - 123 Golden Eggs

I got 90....

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Splatoon 3 (Splatfest #8: Vanilla VS Strawberry VS Mint Chip/July 14-16)

Tonight is another round of Eggstra Work, with 5 rounds of the same enemies and mechanics to see who can collect the most Eggs

Fz46lJzXsAUK3nw?format=jpg&name=large

Attention, employees! This is Grizzco, not SRL. We are offering a golden opportunity for Eggstra Work! Join solo or with a team of four—whichever makes you the most productive. 

We suggest you participate between 5 PM PT on 6/30 and 5 PM PT on 7/2 at the Gone Fission Hydroplant.

Also, the next Splatfest is part of a Japanese Baskin Robbins Promotion

Fz2lt6vaAAELylY?format=png&name=medium

Fzw-zPMaMAAAmG7?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• 3 weeks later...

Here are the results of the Ice Cream Splatfest

F1Ae1sBWcAIJanp?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Conch Shells

1. Team Vanilla: 34.29% -> 7 Points for Team Vanilla
  2. Team Mint Chip: 33.25%
  3. Team Strawberry: 32.46%

Votes

1. Team Vanilla: 55.04% -> 8 Points for Team Vanilla
  2. Team Mint Chip: 25.93%
  3. Team Strawberry: 19.03%

Open Clout

1. Team Vanilla: 33.90% -> 12 Points for Team Vanilla
  2. Team Mint: 33.34%
  3. Team Sour: 32.76%

Pro Clout

1. Team Mint Chip: 35.13% -> 12 Points for Team Mint Chip
  2. Team Strawberry: 33.93%
  3. Team Sweet: 30.22%

Tricolor Clout

1. Team Vanilla: 34.13% -> 18Points for Team Vanilla
  2. Team Mint Chip: 33.87%
  3. Team Strawberry: 32%

Final Results

1. Team Sweet: 7 + 8 + 12 + 18 = 45 Points -> TEAM VANILLA WINS
  2. Team Mint Chip: 12 Points
  3. Team Strawberry: 0 Points

YES 

Shiver: Vanilla takes it home!

Frye: Nooo! Hooow?!

Big Man: Shiver wins AGAIN?!

Shiver: I enjoyed the refined taste of victory. Now let's all admit that vanilla reigns supreme.

Frye: Team Strawberry came out swinging, but I guess we were just too sweet to win.

Big Man: I thought this was gonna go smoother for Team Mint Chip, and yet...

Frye: What were we supposed to do against Team Vanilla's rock-solid defense of their turf?

Big Man: Yeah, they shut us down cold... as ice...cream.

Shiver: Sigh... All this talk of ice cream has put me in the mood for a triple scoop.

Frye: Yeah, for real! Do we have any here in the studio?

Big Man: The PA's shaking her head. Guess that's a no.

Frye: Are you kidding? We didn't think to bring ANY ice cream?!

Shiver: Ok, listen... I've got three pints back home I bought for myself. We COULD split them.

Big Man: Aw, Shiver! You got one for each of us, didn't you?

• The title was changed to Splatoon 3 (Splatfest #8: Team Vanilla Wins!)
  • 2 weeks later...

The next Splatfest after the recent update, which affected several weapons, subs, and specials, will be WEALTH VS FAME VS LOVE

F2C4nuFXsAAnL-P?format=jpg&name=4096x409

SRL here with big news, a new Splatfest approaches!

This time the question is:

What’s most important in life?
Money, fame, or love?

The Splatfest begins 8/11 at 5pm PT through 8/13 at 5pm PT!

Going with Team Love

• The title was changed to Splatoon 3 (Splatfest #9: Money VS Fame VS Love/August 11th-13th)

Here are the results of the MONEY VS FAME VS LOVE Splatfest

F3QIa5fWkAEUIO6?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Conch Shells

1. Team Money: 35.45% -> 7 Points
  2. Team Love: 32.66%
  3. Team Fame: 31.89%

Votes

1. Team Money: 47.28% -> 8 Points
  2. Team Love: 43.62%
  3. Team Fame: 9.10%

Open Wins

1. Team Love: 33.85% -> 12 Points
  2. Team Money: 33.71%
  3. Team Fame: 32.44%

Pro Wins

1. Team Fame: 36.96% -> 12 Points
  2. Team Love: 33.64%
  3. Team Money: 29.40%

Tricolor Battle Wins

1. Team Money: 34.19% -> 18 Points
  2. Team Fame: 32.99%
  3. Team Love: 32.82%

Final Results

1. Team Money -> 7 Points + 8 Points + 18 Points = 33 Points
  2. Team Love
  3. Team Fame

TEAM MONEY WINS!

Shiver: Team Money wins!

Frye: It was a popularity contest...and I lost? How could this happen?!

Big Man: ...I don't love this.

Shiver: Thank you to everyone on Team Money. You had an unlimited budget for effort!

Frye: I mean, Team Fame had its moments. I hope they were filmed in 4K and shared on social!

Big Man: Awww. I just loved everyone on Team Love. Great work, friends!

Shiver: I guess that settles it. Deep Cut will now focus on getting rich. Billions or bust!

Frye: If we DO get rich, promise me that we'll throw money out of a helicopter. So fun! Speaking of getting rich, I just KNOW there's still hidden treasure in the Crater...

Big Man: All we need to do is write a hit song, you two. Riches will surely follow!

Shiver: Well, what are you waiting for? Bust out the keyboard and start composing, Big Man!

Big Man: Aaay...

Shiver: Meanwhile, as our leader, I'll work on a plan. I hear good things about pyramid schemes...

Frye: Whoa, whoa, whoa. Who elected you leader? ...Say more about those schemes though...

• The title was changed to Splatoon 3 (Splatfest #9: Team Money Wins!)

We have a trailer for Drizzle Season 2023 plus some new Deep Cut content to celebrate 1 Year of Splatoon 3!

New weapons, new stages, new gear, and much more!

Drizzle Season will rain down a deluge of new content for #Splatoon 3 when it begins on September 1st! Check out the trailer to see what's on the way!

Splatfest #10: Shiver VS Frye VS Big Man (September 8th - 10th)

Spoiler

F3vDGgbW8AAhRcf?format=jpg&name=large

Next, some shocking news. It's been a full YEAR since we started researching the Splatoon 3 game! And now we've discovered that the next Splatfest (from 9/8 to 9/10) celebrates the same anniversary with a divisive theme: Who would be the best leader? Shiver, Frye, or Big Man?

F3vDG7oWwAEVncp?format=jpg&name=large

We've also discovered a set of badges that can be unlocked by playing in and winning 10x Battles. And there will be twice as many 10x Battles in this special anniversary Splatfest! If you don't quite make it, all is not lost. Your stats will carry forward to future Splatfests.

Deep Cut Banners

Spoiler

F3vDHU0WMAAERke?format=jpg&name=medium

We're not done yet! If you like badges, you'll love banners. Check out these Deep Cut banners celebrating the game's first anniversary, available via the Splatoon 3 channel in News on your Nintendo Switch system. They'll roll out following the Drizzle Season (5.0.0) update.

Deep Cut Amiibo (Coming November 17th, 2023)

Spoiler

F3vDHlCXEAAVkM4?format=jpg&name=largeF3vDHx6WwAA720b?format=jpg&name=largeF3vDH_dXIAE77qx?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Last but not least, for the Deep Cut diehards out there, a series of Deep Cut amiibo is releasing on 11/17. Our research indicates that they will function in a similar manner to other Splatoon amiibo, giving you powerful in-game gear that can boost your battle abilities!

Big Run Inkcoming! (September 1st - 3rd)

Spoiler

F30ntp2XsAAyR5r?format=jpg&name=large

Alert! With everyone distracted by all the news, the Salmonids are planning an invasion! The SRL Big Run Prediction Team is expecting a swarm from 5 PM PT on 9/1 to 5 PM PT on 9/3. No one invited these Salmonids to the Splatfest, but we'll need your help to send 'em packing!

• The title was changed to Splatoon 3 (Drizzle Season 2023/Starts September 1st)

Today, we got a new Deep Cut song

This new song from Deep Cut, titled Big Betrayal, tells the story of Big Man's secret solo project as Ian BGM…and the consequences when Shiver and Frye found out about it. Listen to it here and during the upcoming Splatfest.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the results of BIG RUN #4

F5JYgW-WsAAlU5T?format=jpg&name=large

Big Run #4 Final Score Ranks

• Gold: 156 or More Golden Eggs
  • Silver: 131 - 155 Golden Eggs
  • Bronze: 102 - 130 Golden Eggs
  • Other: 101 or Less Golden Eggs

• The title was changed to Splatoon 3 (Splatfest #10: Shiver VS Frye VS Big Man/September 8th-10th)

To celebrate 1 year of Splatoon 3, we got some new art

F5lehj4XgAA6ZVb?format=jpg&name=large

SRL Big-Feels Baron here! It's the first anniversary of the release of the Splatoon 3 game. Where did the time go? Between saving the world, all those battles and jobs, decorating lockers, playing cards... It's been quite a trip! Thank you all for diving in with us.

Also, here are the results of the SHIVER VS FRYE VS BIG MAN SPLATFEST

F5gnha0XQAAIUvl?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Conch Shells

1. Team Frye: 34.65% -> 7 Points
  2. Team Big Man: 32.86%
  3. Team Shiver: 32.49%

Votes

1. Team Shiver: 55.18% -> 8 Points
  2. Team Big Man: 27.09%
  3. Team Frye: 17.73%

Open Clout

1. Team Shiver: 33.51% -> 12 Points
  2. Team Big Man: 33.36%
  3. Team Frye: 33.13%

Pro Clout

1. Team Big Man: 35.35% -> 12 Points
  2. Team Frye: 34.82%
  3. Team Shiver: 29.83%

Tricolor Clout

1. Team Shiver: 34.06% -> 18 Points
  2. Team Big Man: 33.46%
  3. Team Frye: 32.48%

Final Results

1. Team Shiver: 8 Points + 12 Points + 18 Points = 38 Points
  2. Team Big Man: 12 Points
  3. Team Frye: 7 Points

TEAM SHIVER WINS!

YES! :ok:

Shiver: Yes! Victory is mine!

Frye: Ughhh! How could we let this happen?

Big Man: Huh. I guess I'm not the leader after all...

Shiver: Thank you, my beautiful supporters! You've chosen so wisely! I couldn't have done it without you. And now...welcome to the Era of Shiver!

Frye: Hey, everyone on Team Frye. We battled our hearts out and never gave up. Thank you.

Big Man: I want to thank my supporters too! I'd give you all a manta hug if I could.

Shiver: So...that's it, right? I'm the leader of Deep Cut now? I mean...I always was!

Frye: You earned it...sorta. But for real, I see how hard you work. You'll make a good boss.

Shiver: Well, now that that's settled, we can reflect on our anniversary. What a year, huh?

Big Man: Yeah! Between the Big Runs and all the Splatfests, we've sure been busy.

Frye: Wait-what anniversary are we celebrating? First time we went to the candy buffet?

Shiver: First of all, no. Second of all, how do you not know this?!

Big Man: I'll spill-it's been 1 year since we launched the Anarchy Splatcast!

Frye: Ohhh, THAT. Of course. Wow, I can't believe it's already been a year!

Shiver: My fellow Splatcasters and bandmates, this has been so fun. And it's just the beginning!

Frye: Whoa. You sound like a leader now, Shiver. You were faking it but now you're making it!

• The title was changed to Splatoon 3 (Splatfest #10: Team Shiver Wins)

We have a new trailer for the Side Order DLC

The Splatoon 3: Expansion Pass - Side Order DLC is releasing spring 2024! Learn more: https://www.nintendo.com/store/produc...

Featuring a brand-new story, the single-player Side Order DLC will challenge you to ascend the Spire of Order in an experience that’s designed to be replayed over and over!

F6ABemVWUAAPwjh?format=jpg&name=900x900

Players who have purchased the Splatoon 3: Expansion Pass can get banners featuring the Squid Sisters and Off the Hook. After downloading version 5.0.1 or later, you can grab these from the lobby terminal!

• 4 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Splatoon 3 (Splatfest #11: Zombie VS Skeleton VS Ghost/October 27th - 29th)

Looks like Splatoween is back!

F8UkmXEXQAA6nnb?format=jpg&name=4096x409

F8Ukms1WIAAq1YW?format=jpg&name=large

SRL Rational Thought team here on Friday the 13th, a totally normal, noncursed day, letting you know that there'll be a Splatoween event from 5 PM PT on 10/27 to 5 PM PT on 10/29. No need to be superstitious about the timing of this announcement! Just don't step on any cracks!

F8UknNdWIAAs6Bq?format=jpg&name=large

We can also report that the theme for Splatoween is "Which would be the best friend?" But with the possible answers being a zombie, a skeleton, or a ghost, we think the answer is clear. Only one of them is real! Choose wisely—voting opens 10/20 at 1 AM PT.

F8UkniZWEAAG8jO?format=jpg&name=large

Fashion Desk here! If zombies aren't real, how do you explain what everyone in the SRL office looks like on Monday morning?! Anyway, some cool Splatoween items are coming soon! Stay tuned—they'll be available via the Splatoon 3 channel in News on your Nintendo Switch system.

F8UkpcWXsAAIrZ3?format=jpg&name=large

Oh, and have you SEEN what the members of Deep Cut will be wearing for Splatoween?

F8VaHBbb0AQ8Q73?format=jpg&name=largeF8VaHBab0AIYQVw?format=jpg&name=large

We should mention that Inkopolis is also decked out for Splatoween, and—not to be outdone—the Squid Sisters will be in costume. They're MATCHING and hitting the perfect creepy/cute vibe. We can't even. Be sure to check it out if you have the Splatoon 3: Expansion Pass!

F8VcsIKbYAAubJC?format=jpg&name=small

One last update from SRL today via our friends at Mahi-Mahi Resort. "Dear guests, we regret to inform you that we will be closing the facility for maintenance from 5 PM PT on 10/15 to 7 PM PT on 10/17. The large pool needs to be cleaned. You know what you did."

• Thumbs Up 2

Really happy to finally see a special Splatfest! Everything looks so good ^^ I want the Swim Reaper mask now.

I won’t talk about the other things that have been datamined. I’ll just say they’re going all out for this fest and I’m very happy about it!

We have more info on the Deep Cut Amiibo

Our coworkers at Fashion Desk can't stop talking about the Deep Cut amiibo. They're available 11/17 and apparently they'll remember your Freshest Fits? Fahsion Desk is shouting now: "They give you special gear and gifts and you can pose for photos with them! OMGGG!"

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the Results of the Splatoween 2023 Splatfest

F9cq13_WsAAt4mV?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Conch Shells

1. Team Ghost: 34.45% -> 7 Points
  2. Team Skeleton: 33%
  3. Team Zombie: 32.55%

Votes

1. Team Ghost: 63.02% -> 8 Points
  2. Team Zombie: 19.32%
  3. Team Skeleton: 17.66%

Open Clout

1. Team Skeleton: 33. 62% -> 12 Points
  2. Team Ghost: 33.27%
  3. Team Zombie: 33.11%

Pro Clout

1. Team Skeleton: 35.12% -> 12 Points
  2. Team Zombie: 33.91%
  3. Team Ghost: 30.97%

Tricolor Clout

1. Team Ghost: 33.81% -> 18 Points
  2. Team Skeleton: 33.46%
  3. Team Zombie: 32.73%

Final Results

1. Team Ghost: 7 + 8 + 18 = 33 Points
  2. Team Skeleton: 12 + 12 = 24 Points
  3. Team Zombie: 0

TEAM GHOST WINS

YES!:ok:

Big Man: BOOyah! Ghosts win!

Shiver: What?! But their game had no substance!

Frye: I'm haunted...by failure!

Big Man: Thanks, Team Ghost. You all fought like you were possessed!

Shiver: How could Team Zombie lose? We had so many brains on our side!

Frye: Everyone on Team Skeleton supported each other, but I guess that wasn't enough. I never knew ghosts had so many fans!

Big Man: Makes sense. Who wouldn't be curious about life on the other side?

Shiver: So I take it we'll dress as ghosts for this year's "Deep Cut x Trick or Treat" collab?

Frye: Yeaaah! We'll be a trio of ghosts, playing all the tricks our creepy hearts could want!

Big Man: Hold it! Since I won...just once, I'd like us to hold a nice, peaceful event.

Frye: Hey, that makes it seem like we always take it way too far. Does that sound like us?

Shiver: Peaceful, hm? Here's a thought... What if instead of demanding candy, we give it out?

Frye: Ooo! And some of our candies could be secretly made of fish paste instead!

Shiver: I like where this is headed, but consider instead: candy-shaped wasabi globs.

Big Man: A peaceful Halloween might be too much to ask from these 2...

• The title was changed to Splatoon 3 (Splatfest #11: Team Ghost Wins!)
  • 2 weeks later...

We have one more Splatfest before the season ends

F-arpiMbEAEJb2r?format=jpg&name=large

SRL Splatfest Research Team here with new findings! The 11th Splatfest theme will be "What's your go-to greeting? Handshake, fist bump, or hug?" As scientists, we're disappointed that "terse nod" was left out, but we'll observe from 4 PM PT on 11/17 to 4 PM PT on 11/19 anyway.

Edited by Sonictrainer
  • Thumbs Up 2

• The title was changed to Splatoon 3 (Splatfest #12: Handshake VS Fistbump VS Hug/November 17th - 19th)

Here's the Trailer for Chill Season 2023

Learn more about Chill Season 2023, arriving in #Splatoon3 on 12/1!

Stay tuned and jam out to the new Chirpy Chips single and music video while you’re at it! 🎶

Here are the Results for the Handshake VS Fist Bump VS Hug Splatfest

For some reason, we don't have Official Art for this one...

The Japanese Exclusive Splatfest has art so I'll substitute it for now...

F_GU_W0awAA3db8?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Conch Shells

1. Team Fist Bump: 35.01% -> 7 Points
  2. Team Handshake: 32.73%
  3. Team Hug: 32.26%

Votes

1. Team Fist Bump: 47.91% -> 8 Points
  2. Team Hug: 33.64%
  3. Team Handshake: 18.45%

Open Clout

1. Team Fist Bump: 34.31% -> 12 Points
  2. Team Hug: 33.21%
  3. Team Handshake: 32.48% 

Pro Clout

1. Team Handshake: 35.62% -> 12 Points
  2. Team Fist Bump: 32.25%
  3. Team Hug: 32.13%

Tricolor Clout

1. Team Handshake: 34.78% -> 18 Points
  2. Team Fist Bump: 32.91%
  3. Team Hug: 32.31%

Final Results

1. Team Handshake: 12 + 18 = 30 Points
  2. Team Fist Bump: 7 + 8 + 12 = 27 Points
  3. Team Hug: 0 Points

TEAM HANDSHAKE WINS!

Oooh, we were so close...

Shiver's Win Count increases again...

Shiver: Yes! I offer you all condolences in the form of a handshake.

Frye: Ugh! Not again! Keep your handshake to yourself.

Big Man: ...I'll take the handshake. But, uh, make it a finshake.

Shiver: I'm certain that my years of shaking hands with our fans and supporters helped. As for you 2, just shake it off. No one's stopping you from fist-bumping or hugging.

Frye: Yeah, I'd fist-bump everyone on Team Frye if I could. We lost, but we stayed cool.

Big Man: You know I'd hug my supporters in a heartbeat! Thanks, everyone!

Well, not that we've established a go-to... I wouldn't mind learning a proper fist bump.

Frye: Wait. Is that why you picked handshake? You don't know HOW to fist-bump?!

Shiver: If a shark boops you in the wild, it's not a friendly move. And forget about hugging!

Big Man: That's so sad! Now I wanna hug a shark! And I wanna hug you, Shiver. You can at least do a BASIC fist bump, right?

Shiver: Don't patronize me. I can do plenty with my fists! But...one fist-bump lesson, please.

Frye: Yes! OK, first, make a fist. Then act like you're go BLAMMO, and hit someone. But just tap knucks. Then flair it, like BAM, fake grenade! Or cross arms and pose. Or...

Shiver: I knew it would be complicated...

Edited by Sonictrainer

• The title was changed to Splatoon 3 (Splatfest #12: Team Handshake Wins!)
  • 2 weeks later...

Frostyfest is also coming back

GAG1CgPbYAAN55C?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Splatfest Research Team here with a special Splatfest report!

Bundle up, because the Frosty Fest is coming. The Splatsville and Inkopolis halls will be decked to the nines, with Deep Cut and the Squid Sisters in their finest gala fits!

No date to save yet, but stay tuned.

GAG1EoLWQAAT2Ju?format=jpg&name=4096x409

And what would Frosty Fest be without gifts? Get ready to unwrap four swanky pieces of gear!

No need to set out a stocking—just open News on your Nintendo Switch system, then launch the Splatoon 3 game via the Squid Research Lab article. Your gifts will be at the lobby terminal!

GAG1GTpawAAiYtx?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Ahem! If the SRL Fashion Report may be so bold, we've secured an advance look at Deep Cut's Frosty Fest attire.

"Ritzy" and "elegant" may not be words you associated with them before, but they never do things by halves, and their wintry ensembles are no exception

GAG1HkIWcAAZ2Sv?format=jpg&name=large

Not to be outdone, the Squid Sisters are bringing their own inimitable looks to the Inkopolis stage. Their snow-white outfits dazzle amidst the chilly climate, wouldn't you say?

Our work here is done. The Splatfest Research Team will provide dates and a topic some other day. Ta!

BIG RUN #5 starts tonight

GARV80cWcAAA2Rz?format=jpg&name=large

Big Run Reminder Team here with a reminder that the Big Run kicks off today at 4pm PT!

We're a very small team.

• 3 weeks later...

Frostyfest will happen in January

GB9Ro8qXcAA54Ie?format=jpg&name=large

SRL Fresh Start Division with Frosty Fest details! Who do you spend the holidays with? Do you whoop it up with friends, settle in with family, or kick back for some alone time?

Weigh in from 4 PM PT on January 12th until 4 PM PT on January 14th. Voting begins on January 5th!