Awoo.

If Tails were to get his own 3D game, what should it be like?

EmTiven01

Should it be a platforming subseries? Or should it be a major departure from the series' formula in the vein of Luigi's Mansion?

• Thumbs Up 1

It would be like a Sequel to Tails Adventure except with a fusion of Sonic, Tails, & Knuckles's levels from Sonic Adventure...

Maybe with a few Tornado Levels and RC levels and the return of the Sea Fox.

Also, you can customize Tails' lab this time.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

It would be like a Sequel to Tails Adventure except with a fusion of Sonic, Tails, & Knuckles's levels from Sonic Adventure...

I'd actually like a full remake of that game. In fact something like the crafting system in Sonic Rush Adventure would fit better there, building vehicles for different explorable purposes. But primarily kept in platforming of course, and level terrain design that doesn't make Tails to always break the game by flying.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/8/2021 at 9:45 AM, Sonictrainer said:

I had a similar idea when daydreaming about what a 3D Tails spin-off could be like. You would have to reach the end of linear levels, but they would be open and vertical enough to encourage exploration tied to a crafting system like that of Tails Adventure's.

As it has already been addressed by the past, it is easy to cheat through Tails' levels in SA1 partly since they were sections of levels tailored with Sonic and not Tails' in mind. Levels should clearly be designed around his flying ability, so not to make platforming sections the player will simply ignore, but Tails' stamina should also be restricted to a middle between SA1's and Heroes'. That way, Tails would be able to cross reasonable gaps and the game wouldn't have to keep you for flying too far off the map by making you hit invisible walls or trapping you constantly in enclosed spaces.

The Tornado is obviously a must have, but I wasn't too fond of the rail shooters à la Starfox in SA1. Flying around a map and dogfighting enemy ships would feel more true to Tails and his freedom from being tied to the ground.

As for the story, it wouldn't have to be anything groundbreaking. My idea was Tails being sucked into a a tornado in the Bermuda Triangle (or what not) and waking up in an archipelago where the inhabitants live in fear of sky pirates. Introduce new characters to build a universe around Tails, like Mario does with his character spin-offs, but, most importantly, assert foxboy's independence like his two previous titles did. You don't even need to save Sonic to reinforce that - not that Sega would let that happen anytime soon.

I think it could be like the wind waker but you fly the tornado around the world gear up and fight of eggman robots 

I’d love a Tornado dog fighter game like Rogue Squadron combined with missions where tails flys about and runs about in Sonic Adventure style. 

It would be kinda cool if Eggman made a Eggship Navy and planned to conquer the world, and Tails is one of the few  dogfighters. 

It could play like Starfox in the plane battles. ,