Awoo.

How often do you play a Sonic game?

Eurisko

I know we are all fans of the blue spiky one but how often do you get stuck into one of the games? Every day? every week? , month? or maybe hardly at all these days. What was the last one you DID play? 

I sometimes play the games a ton and then won't touch one for a good while but I'm always keeping tabs on the series from that movie to the comics etc... Last game I played was a re-play of Sonic Forces. It's still ok but playing it nearly two years after release , the cracks really do show.

Anyway, how do you guys do your Sonic? 

• Nice Smile 1

3 hours ago, Eurisko said:

I know we are all fans of the blue spiky one but how often do you get stuck into one of the games? Every day? every week? , month? or maybe hardly at all these days. What was the last one you DID play? 

I sometimes play the games a ton and then won't touch one for a good while but I'm always keeping tabs on the series from that movie to the comics etc... Last game I played was a re-play of Sonic Forces. It's still ok but playing it nearly two years after release , the cracks really do show.

Anyway, how do you guys do your Sonic? 

I only enjoy the dreamcast era games, but I keep reading the new IDW comics

• Thumbs Up 1

I very rarely play them anymore. When Mania came out, that was probably the most I'd played a Sonic game since Generations came out. I've already played Sonic 1, 2, 3, K and CD many times, so it can get stale to go back to them. The Adventure games are still fun, but they've aged a lot and I've also played the hell out of them. I'd like to play some other games for curiosity and nostalgia's sake, like Sonic R, but they aren't available on modern PC markets.

I also feel like the fandom around Sonic is dying, so I don't feel the sense of community interaction as there was back in 2008-2014. Mania was a real shot back in the arm, but the series hasn't kept the momentum up.

When new Sonic game comes out I usually check it first on Youtube. Exceptions being games with I was exited for (Forces) or had really good review (Generations, Mania). Then I wait few months/years for a price drop and usually pick it then (Lost World, Sonic 4, Sega Transformed) or don't touch at all (screw you Rise or Lyric).

I play it, replay it with other characters,  try to get simpler achievement, then game goes on a pile. I might replay it later, but no special treatment. I don't have special need to play some Sonic every month.

At least once a year - usually in the summer - I play a few of the games. Usually the classic games and/or Mania, since they're short enough to just pick up and play for a few hours and be done with.

Don't get me wrong, I like long games too, but I think a big part of the classic games' appeal is their relative brevity. It makes playing through them less daunting and, thus, something I don't mind doing somewhat regularly.

• Thumbs Up 1

Aside from the few games from SAGE that I've gotten around to, it's been a while. Not so much because I'm not interested in playing Sonic, moreso that there isn't much left that I'd want to play that I'm not already burnt out on. It's hard to go back to the Genesis games or the Adventures when I feel I've already done everything I'd want to do in them several (dozens of) times over, and I'm not going to pay actual money for a game like Forces no matter how much of an itch I've got.

All the damn time. Bored at home? Do some Sonic Adventure. On the train? Sonic Mania's on the Switch. Need to test some new hardware? If I can test it with Sonic, I'll do that. 

Shit, even in hospital I couldn't be stopped.

Even with the games I think aren't particularly good, like SA2, I don't mind dropping into them to play the bits that don't suck now and then. But man, I play Sonic games *at least* once a week. If I'm doing a full playthrough of a really bad one though, it's usually just for streaming purposes - and even then, I hope it's at least a few more years before I ever feel the impetus to go back to something like Heroes or Unleashed. 

That wasn't something I would think if I haven't read your title before, despite I know my Sonic playing time is dropping roughly.

From your assumption, I guess once a week is the most likeable, because sometimes I play without noticing is Sonic. Sadly (For my kid soul), recently I have prioritizing way more for games like Tomb Raider/Indiana Jones, Old School FPS and Simulation games than our lovely blue hedgehog.

As you guys did, in an overall, I didn't found anything charming in Team Sonic Racing which could make me pay its price (I think I still would go for SASRT). Recently I finally found a way to exit piracy and I've decided closely which would be the main Sonic games I would take. Even finishing Forces (In piracy), it wasn't a game I enjoyed at all or believe it worth it price, Mania was the totally oppose as not just the most expansive game I've bought as well didn't thought twice to take it with Plus DLC. Rather than that, I've played Lost World (Also piracy) but once again, nothing which worth it price, than I went to Generations which I also bought and already finished earlier. Going on, almost once a/two year(s) I try to play Adventure and finish it, currently a friend of mine gave me a copy of it as well with SA2, which still then I still haven't found motivation to finish it (SA2). From the classics, I also don't see anything which motivates me to still play it that I haven't seen before, despite I still have an old Sonic CD for Win95 as well took the Steam version for a ridiculous price of $1.24, with that I usually play it when I've nothing to do.

I usually play Sonic 1 or 3&K on my Sega Genesis when I'm bored and I've been expending some time with the Chao Garden and the harder A-Ranks in GC SA2B lately. I share this free time with other franchises and games in my backlog, though.

There was a time where I was playing Sonic Mania once a week or more back when it first came out. Safe to say I burned out on it quickly and now I don't really want to touch it these days. 

Now? Depends on the mood I'm in. I play Sonic Adventure roughly once every few months and Sonic Unleashed would probably be there too if I didn't sell my PS3. The other games I'm either burned out on or actively dislike. 

It might be more often if I had more convenient ways to play them. Everything that isn't the classics is tied to specific consoles. Sonic 2 got a lot more love from me than a lot of other games did just because it was always in reach on my phone for a long time.