Awoo.

Suspicious new Shadow the Hedgehog logo?

Red Hot Jack

Let's start with Conspiracy theories. A friend of mine found a new logo for Shadow in SEGA Slots (I think). This made me consider something: all other Sonic characters have the Sonic the Hedgehog logo but he doesn't, and it's not even the old logo from 2005. Why is this a thing? Does it mean anything? Plus, there is the fact that Shadow has been getting a major focus in Sonic games recently, with Sonic Forces and Team Sonic Racing, so is there something in the works for the money making machine that is Shadow?

I'm not assuming stuff, I'm just curious to know what you think about this potential idea. And if the logo means anything. I'm not sure honestly, but I think I found it somewhere before, maybe it's fan made?

50442359_2520831414654141_7764572835556622336_n.png

They know that Shadow's a relatively big draw (Marmite the Hedgehog, if you will), and it's relatively easy to create a logo for him based on Sonic's.  It's probably as simple as that, though it's true that with Sega and Sonic Team you never know quite what to expect.

IIRC, Archie Sonic has been done logos based on the original Sonic one for other characters like Tails, Knuckles, Shadow etc, it really isn't that difficult to palette swap Sonic's logo to capitalise on other aspects of the franchise.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well they made a special logo for Silver's F4F figure around Sonic Forces' release. So I'm not surprised they made another for Shadow.

• Thumbs Up 2

33 minutes ago, Gumbit said:

What game is that ?

It's written right there in the OP; SEGA Slots for mobile devices.

I honestly thought you were referring to that emblem from his game.

Still, I get two vibes outta this:

1. An acknowledgement of the fact that his game was something of a spinoff in theory
  2. They might be planning another game with him.

Image result for tails logo

Characters getting their own logo in the vein of Sonic's at a given time isn't a new concept and it's certainly not an indication of something as drastic as a new spinoff game being in the works. While it's odd the other characters don't get their logos, I guess it makes sense from the perspective of Shadow being arguably the second most popular (particularly if you still trust in that one poll from like, 10 years ago.) 

• Thumbs Up 3

They just made him a logo, that's about it.

If this is some weird gigantic bout of incompetence and they somehow leaked a logogo for some spin off or some weird Sonic + Shadow game, we ain't seeing that shit for like at least a year. So its probably nothing, and if it ain't nothing ain't nothing to do but sit on it and wait

3 hours ago, Tracker_TD said:

(particularly if you still trust in that one poll from like, 10 years ago.) 

Yeah, I was wondering how accurate and/or up to date that thing is nowadays.

From what Ive seen over the years.

Sega has a bunch of logos for things that they keep on standby in case they decide to use them.

These get updated to match the current primary design every now and again. 

Which reminds me. Someone needs to leak all the 25th anniversary logos that they didn't use.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1

1 hour ago, Mayor D said:

From what Ive seen over the years.

Sega has a bunch of logos for things that they keep on standby in case they decide to use them.

These get updated to match the current primary design every now and again. 

Which reminds me. Someone needs to leak all the 25th anniversary logos that they didn't use.

Yes... Someone does need to do that... I have a feeling those unused logos were really cool.

12 hours ago, Tracker_TD said:

Image result for tails logo

Characters getting their own logo in the vein of Sonic's at a given time isn't a new concept and it's certainly not an indication of something as drastic as a new spinoff game being in the works. While it's odd the other characters don't get their logos, I guess it makes sense from the perspective of Shadow being arguably the second most popular (particularly if you still trust in that one poll from like, 10 years ago.) 

Damn it you beat me to it, although I was probably going to post every character's title logo.

Speaking of which, we really should do another character poll sometime just for the sake of seeing how opinions have changed over the years. I imagine Eggman will probably be higher than number 7(?) this time around.