Awoo.

I've found an Strange Sonic CD ROM

Marcusskkkkk

Hi guys! I'm Brazilian, so muito english isn't that thing.

I will go straight to the point, i've found this Sonic CD Pentium Processor Edition for Windows 95. 

I've searched for it on the internet selling sites, like eBay, but i didn't found any version like this one. Can somene tell me if it's rare? Because i want to sell it, to see if i can get some money by some strange colector. 

IMG-20180718-WA0002.jpeg

Its real, but yeah limited to intels and DOS based versions of windows (95, 98 and ME)

Will not work natively with modern windows, perhaps dosbox

There are two (well now 3) versions of the PC version of Sonic CD. The first version only ran on Windows 95 using the DINO library at 30fps while the second version used DirectX and is more easily available. Usually the former was also a pack in on computer even though the latter was also bundled.

This one sounds like the first version. Someone here has the same game and version. The DINO version is very hard if not impossible to get running outside a Windows 95/98 machine. No patches and no support for that graphics library unlike the second version where it got a fan made patch. Besides in terms of the PC market, there isn't much of a collectors market and people (including myself) would rather donate them to charity because chances are that it wouldn't work or work properly and not many people have disc drives on computers these days. You'll be extremely lucky to even get anyone to buy this game.

• Nice Smile 3

Yeah, that's much all @King Koopone said. I'm also Brazilian, so I guess this version of the Dino version was pretty common for here (Like, it's rare worldwide and the rare versions in Brazil were those versions).

And well, that's also much what I said in my own topic (Damn, my English was terrible at that time). Not sure what OS you're using, but you only will be able to play it if you have a Windows 95 or 98 machine (And much likely Windows ME too), I actually can play it using Virtual Machine (Like VMWare) with Windows 98 and runs pretty well.

Well, that's a very rare CD, so if you still want to sell it, be aware because you might have a jewelry in your hands (And I don't even know if we've people interested on it).

Also sorry for don't write in Portuguese, I'm not sure if SSMB allows this. If you want more information, I guess it's OK to you send me a Private Message and we can talk in Portuguese.

Plus, I also guess you got it with an Infoway PC, am I right?

2 hours ago, King Koopone said:

There are two (well now 3) versions of the PC version of Sonic CD. The first version only ran on Windows 95 using the DINO library at 30fps while the second version used DirectX and is more easily available. Usually the former was also a pack in on computer even though the latter was also bundled.

This one sounds like the first version. Someone here has the same game and version. The DINO version is very hard if not impossible to get running outside a Windows 95/98 machine. No patches and no support for that graphics library unlike the second version where it got a fan made patch. Besides in terms of the PC market, there isn't much of a collectors market and people (including myself) would rather donate them to charity because chances are that it wouldn't work or work properly and not many people have disc drives on computers these days. You'll be extremely lucky to even get anyone to buy this game.

Thanks for that. I guess i'm keeping with the Disc.

I genuinely thought from the topic title that this was going to be an attempt at launching a creepypasta. ^_^  

• Thumbs Up 4