Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing leaked from Walmart Database

Wraith

memGZsX.png

Another screen. All of them are Planet Wisp. Not a Sonic R inspiration in sight.

Copypasta descrip:

Online Multiplayer & Local Co-Op Modes 12 players per race, 4 player split screen, and various offline / online race modes including Grand Prix Mode, Exhibition Mode, Time-Trial and Team Adventure Mode.

Team Racing Race as a team, win as a team. Use various team moves to assist your teammates, knock out opponents and unleash your Team Ultimate.

Performance & Skin Customization Alter the appearance and handling of your vehicle.

Wisps - 14 spectacular offensive and defensive items to help overcome rival teams and get ahead!

Adventure Mode Unique story experience where players are introduced to basic game features and characters.

Various Characters and Classes 15 playable characters from across the Sonic Universe and 3 distinct character types including Speed, Technique, and Power classes.

It actually totally makes sense that they'd use the wisps as the items.

• Thumbs Up 6

03de6437-9cf8-4f57-bdaf-8edc792c3e08_3.p

Hot air Balloon Sonic Head is the meme I didn't know I needed.

3 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

03de6437-9cf8-4f57-bdaf-8edc792c3e08_3.p

Hot air Balloon Sonic Head is the meme I didn't know I needed.

Hey, there's a Shadow balloon too!

Additionally, I'm pretty sure that's Knuckles in the back and not Amy, but it appears Egg Pawn is a playable character. The blue one is probably the "skin" they talked about.

Also:

5FYjh40.png

Gotta love cardboard-cutout chao. I mean I get why this happens, it's not easily seeable in gameplay, but they probably should have picked a better angle for the promo shot.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Josh said:

IMG_20180530_025224.jpg

This shot looks like nothing we've seen of Planet Wisp before. Transparent hollow logs? Maybe some weird type of stone? Those aren't reflections of rings on the bottom there, it's like it's made of see-through glass or something.

No purple water or mechanical stuff in sight either. Is this place purified post-Colors? That'd be pretty neat, even if it's relatively baseless.

Also:

Sonic

Tails

Knuckles

Shadow

Egg Pawn

Amy and Eggy are shoe-ins (unless Eggman has some other role), so that already takes up almost half our 15 (which is rather small, hope for some DLC?) characters. Hopefully the skins are used to effects other than a color-swap, since I really don't need Classic Sonic taking up a slot that'd be better for someone else.

15 characters shoots hopes of playing as Tikal out the sky.

Hope Blaze makes the cut

• Thumbs Up 1

Only 15 characters? And one of them is Egg Pawn? Really?

1. Sonic
  2. Tails
  3. Knuckles
  4. Egg Pawn
  5. Shadow

Are the ones I see. I also see what looks like a blue Egg Pawn? So the others would be

1. Amy
  2. Eggman
  3. Silver
  4. Espio
  5. Vector
  6. Charmy
  7. Rouge
  8. Metal Sonic
  9. Cream
  10. Big

Maybe? Basically the Heroes cast and Silver.

Edit: Oh, yeah, Blaze... And Omega...

I guess I can't see Blaze not getting in. Probably her instead of Charmy.

1 minute ago, Marcello said:

Only 15 characters? And one of them is Egg Pawn? Really?

1. Sonic
  2. Tails
  3. Knuckles
  4. Egg Pawn
  5. Shadow

Are the ones I see. I also see what looks like a blue Egg Pawn? So the others would be

1. Amy
  2. Eggman
  3. Silver
  4. Espio
  5. Vector
  6. Charmy
  7. Rouge
  8. Metal Sonic
  9. Cream
  10. Big

Maybe? Basically the Heroes cast and Silver.

I can see blaze instead of cream tbh

• Thumbs Up 1

I think most of the Generations/Forces gang are likely, I don't see Big. I'd hope for Blaze and Omega over Cream and him, and I'd say it's more likely since Omega was in Forces (and had a weird amount of focus in like two cutscenes) and Cream wasn't. Big is just kind of lame, that's why Aaron turned him into a meme.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Shadowlax said:

I can see blaze instead of cream tbh

Yeah, I forgot Blaze while writing, but I edited to add her. I don't think she'd get in over Cream, but Charmy instead.

Just now, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

I think most of the Generations/Forces gang are likely, I don't see Big. I'd hope for Blaze and Omega over Cream and him, and I'd say it's more likely since Omega was in Forces (and had a weird amount of focus in like two cutscenes) and Cream wasn't. Big is just kind of lame, that's why Aaron turned him into a meme.

I'll take Big over Omega any day.

Just now, Marcello said:

Yeah, I forgot Blaze while writing, but I edited to add her. I don't think she'd get in over Cream, but Charmy instead.

Oh yeah that's a good point.

Everyone hates charmy

I could see big getting into things before charmy

Though to be fair, the dream is that the chaotix ride in a single car, or van . 

• Thumbs Up 1

They don't like to split up the Chaotix, though except Mighty.

• Chuckle 2

That's why you put them in the chaotix Team van

Its like turtle van, but instead of eating pizza, they eat burrito's and play music

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

I just hope Silver makes it at least. He missed the first two All-Stars games. I'd like Blaze to be in over Cream.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Shadowlax said:

That's why you put them in the chaotix Team van

Its like turtle van, but instead of eating pizza, they eat burrito's and play music

I get that, and I'd certainly opt for having more characters by smashing them together (again, especially with skins, looking at you Smash) but I feel like a 3-in-1 character would be kind of redundant in a game that's already about team-based gameplay.

3 minutes ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

They don't like to split up the Chaotix, though except Mighty.

I'd like all of them in, too, but I was kind of thinking about getting as many female characters in as realistically possible.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks based Walmart. Wow, they're just not handling video game information great nowadays are they?

As for what we know... looks pretty promising. I'm incredibly excited to see that we'll be getting a story mode and (while it was a given really) a proper online mode. Not to mention that I'm extremely glad the first track we're seeing isn't Green Hills.

Though, I wonder who's developing this. I have to assume it's Sumo but who knows? Also hope that this is coming for more than just the Switch.

Also, am I the only one noticing Sonic's very detailed eyebrows? Eh, not sure how I feel about that model... Kind of looks like a downgrade from what we had honestly.

Yeah I think Blaze getting in is a safe bet... Unless 6 of the characters end up being the Deadly 6! Now THAT would be unfair.

• Chuckle 2

6 minutes ago, Marcello said:

I'd like all of them in, too, but I was kind of thinking about getting as many female characters in as realistically possible.

Well and I support that to some degree, but I'm talking about what's likely more than what I'd want, though I don't really care for Cream regardless. I kind of hope Sticks is in this, honestly.

Again though, just DLC this bitch up. No reason to make things an ultimatum if you can just add more as you go.

4 minutes ago, Strickerx5 said:

Also, am I the only one noticing Sonic's very detailed eyebrows? Eh, not sure how I feel about that model... Kind of looks like a downgrade from what we had honestly.

I don't think it looks that bad, though it is kind of funny how all these shots obscure the bottom of the face. We can't tell whether it's side mouth or front mouth this way.

Looks pretty good. Only thing I'm kind of concerned about is the character roster, hopefully the choices aren't too bad and/or there are unlockables that don't factor into the given total of 15.

Also Planet Wisp...good taste, Sumo mysterious unconfirmed developer.

• Thumbs Up 5

Does anyone else think this is kinda ugly? It has that same smeary, bloomy look from Transformed, though not quite as bad. The aliasing. Shadows look terrible. Even the smoke effects look wonky. The foliage looks weird, too, but I'm not sure how much you'll be able to see that when driving. Mario Kart 8 looks nicer than this.

• Thumbs Up 4

I kinda get that, I don't think it looks awful, but I'd really need to see actual gameplay to get a good idea.

Actually, this isn't exclusive to the Switch, is it? It could be a Switch version thing.

• Thumbs Up 1