Awoo.

Old Sonic games

Deavil

Hey,

i wanted to ask something, i would like to know if old sonic games still work with windows 10, games like sonic riders and sonic mega collection plus, im asking because both games wont launch for me whenever i click "play game".

thanks for the help, Deavil

Without being 'that guy'.

Have you tried running them in compatibility mode?

• Thumbs Up 1

hmm not really, about the sonic riders game it wont even install, whenever i press the install game button the launcher just closes, where do i find the compatibility mode?

Urm... if you've not actually installed it onto your system and the launcher won't work for whatever reason.

You'll have to either use the command line to run install the file... or alternatively... 

Go to my computer/ThisPC.

Select your CD drive (with the game in). 

Then start exploring the files, you'll need to find something which will likely be called either 'run' or 'install' and end with .exe.

So it will either be run.exe. or install.exe. Double click that, and it should begin the install process.

I don't actually have this game but that's what I normally do if I can't get software running from the CD Drive anymore.

which mode do i run this for?

i tried to run the game in every mode and none of the modes will open the game, the launcher keeps closing stright after i press the play game button

They definitely work, just search for the .exe of the games themselves and run in compatibility mode, specifically any version of Windows XP.

At least, that's how they worked for me...

I've heard these games work on Windows 10, but the ones I've tried (Sonic Heroes and Sonic Mega Collection Plus) don't work for me personally, even though they definitely work for other people. I don't know why, when it works for other people and I've taken any measures that are supposed to help. So I've just come to accept that there must be some internal system differences or something that I don't know about and probably won't be able to do anything about. For what it's worth, sometimes Sonic Mega Collection Plus would just refuse to work even on Windows XP for me. Maybe it's just some flaw in the way the ports were designed or something. Anyway, I've personally given up because sometimes things just don't work and sometimes they apparently can't be fixed by normal means. Sorry this isn't exactly helpful, but at least you know you're not alone.

I would try right click and "Run as administrator". This worked for me for Forces´ non-saving problem and maybe it works for those not opening .exes. Also Heroes run perfectly fine for me.

This is only a guess as I can't see what your seeing when you try to boot your games but It could also be driver signature issue. Instead of me trying to do a long winded explanation I'll just post a link. Its section 3 you need to look at but there is other solutions on this page to. Hope this helps :)

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/make-old-games-software-run-windows-10/

On 3/10/2018 at 5:55 AM, Deavil said:

Hey,

i wanted to ask something, i would like to know if old sonic games still work with windows 10, games like sonic riders and sonic mega collection plus, im asking because both games wont launch for me whenever i click "play game".

thanks for the help, Deavil

I can run Mega Collection, Adventure DX and Heroes flawlessly on Windows 10. Strange to see.

A tip for you is to try to find the main .exe for the game on your hard drive (should be C:/Program Files/). I never use the launcher for older games like that.

• Thumbs Up 1

hey, thank you all for helping and giving ideas to try to fix the problem but sadly none of the ideas fixed the problem, the games still wont launch, they close right after clicking start game, idk if their is any other way to fix this, if there is please do help.

thanks a lot, Deavil <3