Awoo.

Sonic Forces X Chuck E. Cheese's

Badnik Mechanic

You can also get Sonic Adventure 2 for the PC as a prize.

Unusual, but hey, I see no problems with this.

• Thumbs Up 3

SA2 and Forces are basically the same thing anyway.

So when are we getting a giant terrifying animatronic hedgehog? There's not much room for creativity if they already have one playing the electric guitar, unfortunately.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

So when are we getting a giant terrifying animatronic hedgehog? There's not much room for creativity if they already have one playing the electric guitar, unfortunately.

2 hours ago, SenEDDtor Missile said:

FNAF 6.5: Sonic Forces Chuck E to be...something.

If sonic came running down the hall like foxy, you def would not have time to shut the door

• Chuckle 1

3 hours ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

They're removing all the animatronics from Chuck E Cheese's, actually. They've even been straight-up destroying the robots. Somebody caught it on film; two staff members taking a sledgehammer to Chuck's head.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, DoubleXXCross said:

They're removing all the animatronics from Chuck E Cheese's, actually. They've even been straight-up destroying the robots. Somebody caught it on film; two staff members taking a sledgehammer to Chuck's head.

You serious?

I guess that's one way to release the children's spirits

• Chuckle 4

7 minutes ago, DoubleXXCross said:

So, like are the robots viewed as safety hazards now? 

1 minute ago, RedFox99 said:

So, like are the robots viewed as safety hazards now? 

I mean if you guarding the place at night and the shit comes running at you would view it as a safety hazard too

Apparently, it's absolutely nothing to do with FNAF and is just part of a major rebrand to make it more parent-accessible, since they want to be less of a party venue with food and more of a restaurant with distractions for children.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 1

19 minutes ago, DoubleXXCross said:

Apparently, it's absolutely nothing to do with FNAF and is just part of a major rebrand to make it more parent-accessible, since they want to be less of a party venue with food and more of a restaurant with distractions for children.

So, more like Dave and Buster?

21 minutes ago, DoubleXXCross said:

I was joking. 

But I never heard of the rebranding, makes sense going into the future. To be an arcade situation, I mean that was the best part of that place back when I went there as a small child ...2 times. 

10 minutes ago, speedfreak said:

Took my son there a few months ago. It's shit. Tons of broken games, dirty, over crowed. Sonic Forces fits right in with that shit hole.

Oh, you have son; cool. 

The times I've been there I remember have some fun though the last time I've been to one was years ago.

On one hand, I want to make the obligatory "better than Hooters" comment.

Then again, I'm too frustrated that Sega's spending it's advertising money trying to push Sonic Forces when it could be giving Sonic Mania more exposure to the younger generation. They could be putting little kiosks with demos of the game in the restaurants; in fact, they could've converted Sonic Mania into a full-blown arcade game. 

But no. Gotta sell Sonic Forces, man.

12 minutes ago, speedfreak said:

Took my son there a few months ago. It's shit. Tons of broken games, dirty, over crowed. Sonic Forces fits right in with that shit hole.

Then again, this is also true. :P

• Thumbs Up 3

22 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

Then again, I'm too frustrated that Sega's spending it's advertising money trying to push Sonic Forces when it could be giving Sonic Mania more exposure to the younger generation. They could be putting little kiosks with demos of the game in the restaurants; in fact, they could've converted Sonic Mania into a full-blown arcade game. 

They see it as different demographics. 

Sonic mania for people who want classic sonic nostalgia 

And forces for... 3d fans since adventure...forces doesn't really pull it off well. Though Shadow's DLC has ... an odd amount of love craft and care put into it, more so than the normal game itself to be quite honest

4 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

Do you think Sonic Team maybe want to try and sell the product that they actually made and that they're actually proud of regardless of what we say or something?

• Promotion 1

1 hour ago, DoubleXXCross said:

Do you think Sonic Team maybe want to try and sell the product that they actually made and that they're actually proud of regardless of what we say or something?

I would be really curious if they are actually honestly proud of it.

Sadly we will probably never know since they can't jsut say in an interview "Yeah, we just threw some shit together cuz SEGA told us to."

1 hour ago, DoubleXXCross said:

Proud? Sure. :rolleyes:

Sonic Team isn't advertising Sonic Forces. SEGA is advertising it. And for the record, it's not a small pocket of Sonic nerds praising Sonic Mania and criticizing Forces, this is the case across the board with critics and the general public alike. If SEGA is interested in improving their flagship mascot's marketability and image, pushing Sonic Mania over Sonic Forces makes sense, unlike SEGA's decisions as of late.

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/251589-segas-new-sega-forever-service-train-wreck

https://kotaku.com/sonics-collaboration-with-hooters-looks-grim-1819497375

• Thumbs Up 4

44 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

Proud? Sure. :rolleyes:

Sonic Team isn't advertising Sonic Forces. SEGA is advertising it. And for the record, it's not a small pocket of Sonic nerds praising Sonic Mania and criticizing Forces, this is the case across the board with critics and the general public alike. If SEGA is interested in improving their flagship mascot's marketability and image, pushing Sonic Mania over Sonic Forces makes sense, unlike SEGA's decisions as of late.

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/251589-segas-new-sega-forever-service-train-wreck

https://kotaku.com/sonics-collaboration-with-hooters-looks-grim-1819497375

So does cancelling Forces without ever releasing it to begin with the first time they saw Mania footage, which I was honestly believing they might still do to save their skin before Forces came out because of how 'we don't know how to not make bad decisions' it looks like, but we're not living in that world. They made the thing, 'finished' it, it's being sold, and it's the current product.

And once it's out, nobody forgets. And if they try to either cover it up or admit their mistake, nobody will let them forget, because they made the mistake in the first place and no sweeping under the rug will ever eliminate that they've made the mistake. The only way they could have saved face was to never make Forces. But we don't live in that world, and neither do they.

So it's still worth more to them to scam children via a bad product that they wasted their money on making, because how the fuck do you fix a mistake in business? You can't.

10 minutes ago, DoubleXXCross said:

So does cancelling Forces without ever releasing it to begin with the first time they saw Mania footage, which I was honestly believing they might still do to save their skin before Forces came out because of how 'we don't know how to not make bad decisions' it looks like, but we're not living in that world. They made the thing, 'finished' it, it's being sold, and it's the current product.

Correct. But I never said they should cancel Sonic Forces. So not sure what you're driving at here.

And once it's out, nobody forgets. And if they try to either cover it up or admit their mistake, nobody will let them forget, because they made the mistake in the first place and no sweeping under the rug will ever eliminate that they've made the mistake. The only way they could have saved face was to never make Forces. But we don't live in that world, and neither do they.

So it's still worth more to them to scam children via a bad product that they wasted their money on making, because how the fuck do you fix a mistake in business? You can't.

Yeah can you tone it down? Jeez, what are you lecturing me on now? You're saying they have to frame their trash and post it on the wall because no one's gonna forget it anyway?

That's ....

...nah.

Look, mate: SEGA published a bad game right after a good game, it's released, and now they're deciding to promote the bad game they published instead of the good game they published, and I'm calling them out on it.

Just now, Indigo Rush said:

Correct. But I never said they should cancel Sonic Forces. So not sure what you're driving at here.

Yeah can you tone it down? Jeez, what are you lecturing me on now? You're saying they have to frame their trash and post it on the wall because no one's gonna forget it anyway?

That's ....

...nah.

Look, mate: SEGA published a bad game right after a good game, it's released, and now they're deciding to promote the bad game they published instead of the good game they published, and I'm calling them out on it.

And you'd be calling them out if they tried to pretend it never happened in the first place not even six months after its release.

10 minutes ago, DoubleXXCross said:

And you'd be calling them out if they tried to pretend it never happened in the first place not even six months after its release.

I'd be lauding them for doing something sensible. It's not as if they don't have another Sonic branded product to sell.

I'm not suggesting they pull it off the shelves or de-list it so soon, I'm just saying it's really silly for them to choose a poorly received game to make money on rather than the perfectly good, affordable, accessible and critically acclaimed one they have underneath their belt. They've done next to nothing to promote Sonic Mania after it's launch month. They're still desperately pushing Forces as if it's the hottest children's game of the quarter.

That said:

A lot of the cross-promos were probably already in place as part of the marketing plans before Forces released to the (well-deserved) bollocking it did. 

@Tracker_TD's comment makes perfect sense. It doesn't quite excuse SEGA's reluctance in promoting Sonic Mania, however. I believe it'd be sitting higher in the best sellers listings had they given more intention in promoting it. It's a crying shame, because it's the highest rated Sonic game in 15 years.

• Thumbs Up 3