Awoo.

Archie Comic Subscriptions please read.

Badnik Mechanic

Making a new topic because I'd like some information for potential article and not everyone affected is checking the hiatus thread.

Anyone who was/is subscribed to Archie Sonic...

Have you had any of the following yet.

* Letter/Email/any form of contact regarding the comics cancellation. This does not include tweets from Sega or other parties. Talking about if Archie haddnt told you would you know?

* If you still had issues to come. Any kind of offer of refund/compensation. If so what?

I emailed them a little over a week ago. No response thus far.

C'mon, Archie. Don't do this to me, man. Let's at least try to end this relationship on somewhat good terms.

As of now (though it's 9:30 AM EST over here and the snail mail hasn't come yet) I haven't received any letters or emails regarding the matter. I will note that I haven't emailed them at all but so far it's been nothing but Archies and Riverdales in my inbox.

Wasn't there this one person on Twitter a few months back who actually *did* get a refund from Archie because he/she badmouthed them on Twitter, only for them to mess up by doing the refund via Paypal, which the person didn't have?

• Thumbs Up 1

As I check for emails from them often there's been nothing of the sort that way.

Ok new one... has anyone tried calling them? If so how did it go down. 

Don't point to the person mentioned above. Talking about since the cancellation confirmation.

I, uh, sort of got progress on emails?

So, I emailed them last Wednesday right after the news broke, asking for a refund on my Sonic subscriptions.  No response.  This Wednesday rolls around, and I sent another email basically saying "Hey, I sent an email about my subscriptions a week ago and I never got a response."

The very next morning (yesterday), I suddenly have a response saying that they need my subscription name/address/order number, which I already had in the first email.  I replied with those and a copy of my first email.  Surprise, surprise: No quick response in my email this morning.

I could be wrong, but it's looking at the moment like they may be delaying on replying to emails that specifically ask for refunds.

• Thumbs Up 1

I called Archie last Friday after the news broke on Thursday. I spoke to Lisa (for reference, the same Lisa I previously spoke to back in April), who confirmed that I can receive a mandatory refund for the comics Archie owes me. I was advised to email Archie which I did that same day. As of today, I have yet to receive a response from Archie.

• Thumbs Up 2

I fear Archie comics is not long for this world.  Would not at all be surprised if DC, Marvel or somebody bought em out in the next 5 years or so. 

• Thumbs Up 4

They have a deal with Marvel to distribute comics in those tiny digest books you see in checkout lanes. So I guess we'll see what comes of that relationship.

If Marvel did buy up Archie that would mean Archie would become a Disney property.

3 minutes ago, EmmBee said:

They have a deal with Marvel to distribute comics in those tiny digest books you see in checkout lanes. So I guess we'll see what comes of that relationship.

If Marvel did buy up Archie that would mean Archie would become a Disney property.

True.  But they also have a deal with WB for the Riverdale TV show.  

But yea, sad they are'nt doing a good job with refunds.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, SonicComicFanboy said:

I fear Archie comics is not long for this world.  Would not at all be surprised if DC, Marvel or somebody bought em out in the next 5 years or so. 

Yeah this is what I've been thinking too. Archie seems to be dying slowly and they'll either fall of the face of the Earth or likely be bought out by Marvel. 

• 3 weeks later...

Update: It's been awhile since I emailed Archie. I have yet to receive anything, refund, a new book of a series I don't want, even another reply beyond asking for my information a second time. Calling leaves me stuck on hold. This is getting annoying.

Just created an account to comment on this also.

I've emailed twice and gotten no reply at all. Between Sonic and Sonic Universe, I have 22 issues they owe me for... -_- 

Oh hey, I finally got a reply.  After four weeks.  In the form of a mostly canned response.

Good Morning,

Unfortunately this title has been canceled.  We can offer the following options in lieu of completing your subscription to Sonic the Hedgehog/Sonic Universe:

A store credit in the amount of $52. This is a great opportunity to sample titles like RIVERDALE, AFTERLIFE WITH ARCHIE and ARCHIE or purchase any of our books available.

A transfer of your remaining subscription to one of our active titles or any of our upcoming titles such as Vixens, The Mighty Crusaders or Cosmo.  I have provided a link below to view the article.
http://archiecomics.com/archie17expansion/

A refund in the amount of $42.

Please let us know your preference and we will begin work processing it.

Best,
Customer Service

For context, between the main Sonic book and Universe, I had 21 issues remaining,  So, for anyone else anticipating refunds, that comes out to about $2.47 (USD) per issue in store credit, or $2.00 per issue in actual money.

And a bit of a warning for anyone subscribed to the now-cancelled Jughead book as well: I also asked for a refund to that one, but instead of including it in this response, they've instead transferred the rest of that subscription to My Pal Archie.  I'm going to try asking again about it, but I don't have much hope there.

Edited by Tylinos
The quote box was being buggy and sticking the rest of my post inside it. Someone might want to look into that.

Yeah.  A lot of companies in the US prefer to give larger payouts in store credit than real money.  That way, if the customer goes for the store credit instead, the company technically keeps more of a profit.

Sounds understandable from that point of view, in this situation though I wonder...

I wonder how it'd work with local companies in here... At least one can ask for a new issue if one gets it in a broken shape, I have experiences.

Now that we have confirmation that Archie is actually responding now, I think I'll shoot them another email.

So am I to assume there will only be the store credit option even for those who literally want nothing from their store >.>

1 hour ago, StratusAsterion said:

So am I to assume there will only be the store credit option even for those who literally want nothing from their store >.>

You might've misread the email.  There was an option for a refund in actual money.  It was just less than the amount they offered in store credit.

Sent an email asking about the store credit option for my remaining sub balance. There's not much Sonic and Mega Man stuff left, but the Complete Epic is still there and I've always kinda wanted to pick up the graphic novel version of that crossover for my regular comic shelf so I can read it without going through several issues. As for the rest of the cash, I'll probably blow it on Archie trades for my sis as a wedding present, as she's a Riverdale nut currently. XD

• Nice Smile 1