Awoo.

Is Super Sonic useless? What do you think about him

Creamy

Ok in almost EVERY sonic game, super sonic appears at the end. (Or super/hyber shadow in STH, Or super silver, shadow and Sonic in 06 and so one...)

Yes and you know, he appears ONLY to beat the "superb monster/boss" wich no one else can do.

OH AND don't forget: super sonic flies (through what ever)

exception: STH2

Do you think super Sonic, would have deserved more attention?

Maybe his one game or game passages or something?

Or do you think, ST should stop the Super Sonic boss battles, cause the're medicore and boring?

Or what do you think about?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phos

• Sean

• CrownSlayers Shadow

• Blazey Firekitty

exception: STH2

I'm assuming that's "Sonic the Hedgehog 2"

But are you forgetting Sonic 3?

Sonic & Knuckles?

Note: He's harder to put into the 3D games as a main character because the new games follow more on a storyline.

One of the drawbacks of people wanting better stories.

Should be bannable to not know about every single playable super sonic appearance!!

But I do think super sonic's current execution is wasted potential, one of the fond memories of my childhood is dicking around as old supes whenever i got all mah emeralds

Should be bannable to not know about every single playable super sonic appearance!!

But I do think super sonic's current execution is wasted potential, one of the fond memories of my childhood is dicking around as old supes whenever i got all mah emeralds

lulz being good enough to have them all before done with emerald hill zone <3

If you ask me, i'd say Super Sonic is both overrated and underpowered in the last few years. He never really gets direct in a bosses' face except literally for Perfect Dark Gaia and his so called 'invincibility' is a joke. Surely a character as supposedly powerful as Super Sonic can do more than headbutt projectiles? I'd love to see Super open a can of whup-ass on a boss akin to Darkspine Sonic or, dare I say it, that dark form shown in Sonic X ep 67.

What intruigued me slightly was how unhealthy Super Sonic was at the very beginning of the final Unleashed boss (360 version). He has extremely low HP in his bar that needs to be gained back with rings. Maybe this is a result of what Gaia did to Sonic when he stole his ability to transform into Werehog form but it still strikes me as slightly odd.

As of now S.S. is a HUGE waste. I mean you don't need him (or any of his other super forms) to show up at the end of every sonic game. I wish sega went back to his old ways, If you want super sonic (or any super form, in stages) You have to earn him. I'm bored of S.S. being used for ONLY the final fight.

Btw, S.S. wasnt part of the final fight in sonic 3, just S&K or S3&K.

Edit: I agree with Verte, and what happen to S.S. loosing rings? Aren't you suppose to start with atleast 50 then slowly loose them longer your in your super state? Ugh ST you need a (old school) fan as a part of your team.

Edited by Shadic the original

"He could hear everything.

The glow of the sun. The hum of the world. He could hear Amy dream. Half a world away, she dreamed of him.

But the gold hedgehog couldn't care. The Emeralds, they

I think Super Sonic's become a trite concept that makes the games too formulaic and predictable. They should give him a rest for a few games or make it so that he's something you have to earn.

"He could hear everything.

The glow of the sun. The hum of the world. He could hear Amy dream. Half a world away, she dreamed of him.

But the gold hedgehog couldn't care. The Emeralds, they

Is that adapted from a Fleetway comic or something? Sounds like it. Cool anyways, but Fleetwayish...

Voila!

S. Sonic is just a predictable part of any recent Sonic stories, and the playable Deux Ex Machina to get the job done and to finish off a giant monster. It gets old way too fast. It would have been great if he was playable in normal levels like in the old games.

Though it would have been interesting if there was a story based on an uncontrollable new or dark form (not counting Darkspines or Werehog) that is like a destructive and wild split personality, and Sonic needs to repress or restrain it while finding a way to cure or control it. Eh, at least, a plot that could either focus on S. Sonic or just not have it at all.

Though it would have been interesting if there was a story based on an uncontrollable new or dark form (not counting Darkspines or Werehog) that is like a destructive and wild split personality, and Sonic needs to repress or restrain it while finding a way to cure or control it. Eh, at least, a plot that could either focus on S. Sonic or just not have it at all.

This was why I really liked Fleetway's take on Super Sonic. He was precisely that: a psychotic, power-crazed monster who was just as dangerous to his friends as to his enemies. Sonic himself was terrified of transforming into him, 'cos old golden-and-crazy just smashed up EVERYTHING, and the hedgehog was highly likely to drop out of super form only to find himself covered in his allies' blood.

WINNAR.

Guys....I'm gonna be honest with you.

I think I'm making haste....or haste is making me.

I have to go faster. Keep up my pace. Just so I can stay in your human race.

I didn't like using Super Sonic in Sonic 2, since it was forced, and I didn't like that game's Special Stages at all.

In Sonic 3, I have no qualms using him, but it was pretty lol at how many super forms each character had. I never liked Hyper Sonic/Super Tails/whatever. Plus I kinda prefer playing the game as vanilla Sonic, since I prefer his normal sprites.

The only game in which I truly enjoy using Super Sonic, incidentally, is SRB2. He can fly and run across water in that game. His theme music also doesn't drive me insane.

Edited by Jake

Because Super Sonic is usually refered to as a seperate character (now Sonic can become Super Sonic), it presumably alters his personality, but I don't think it does so by very much. Sonic is too much of a philosopher to be controled by his powers.

I didn't really like the way Super Sonic was handled in his first appearance in Sonic 2. You couldn't control your jumping very well, so it quite possible to toss yourself into a bottomless pit by mistake. You couldn't control when you changed into him that well, since you'd automatically change if you had 50+ rings and jumped, so if you didn't want to transform yet, you'd have to make sure your ring count was low. The transformation also wouldn't carry over to the next time you played after you beat the game(Unless you managed to gather the emeralds in a "Tails alone" game), and naturally your Super powers would vanish as soon as you turned the game off or hit reset.

Sonic 3 handled the concept much better, in my opinion. Super's jumps were no longer nigh impossible to control, you changed by double jumping, allowing the transformation to take place at your leisure, and thanks to the save feature, you were free to easily play the game all over again with your new ability intact.

Actually, if you reset Sonic 2, your Emerald count isn't affected. Otherwise, yeah, he's irritating in Sonic 2, though I love his theme.

Actually, if you reset Sonic 2, your Emerald count isn't affected. Otherwise, yeah, he's irritating in Sonic 2, though I love his theme.

Hmm, strange, I never knew that. :blink:

I'm assuming the Emeralds still go away if you power down though.

I'll agree, he did have cool music in Sonic 2.^_^

I may be in the vast minority, but I never really cared for Super Sonic. I love Sonic just the way he is and I don't need him to go all super powered-up and virtually invincible. Kinda ruins him for me. But eh, personal preferences and as long as he's not forced into my face during the majority of playing time, I'm cool with it.

I may be in the vast minority, but I never really cared for Super Sonic. I love Sonic just the way he is and I don't need him to go all super powered-up and virtually invincible. Kinda ruins him for me. But eh, personal preferences and as long as he's not forced into my face during the majority of playing time, I'm cool with it.

To be honest, I'd rather that Super Sonic be treated differently. What I mean is, I'd rather the transformation be an extra set of abilities that are useful in the way that Mario's powerups are useful, but not just an "instant win" button that one presses.

Kind of like the Werehog, but minus the unusual appearance.

Super Sonic will forever be cool. But I think he, like the Chaos Emeralds and the giant monsters, are getting pretty overused at this point, especially the end battles. I think what happens to him will depend on what they do with the storyline/direction for the next Sonic game, which is in need of a refresher course as well.

It was much more engaging when he was a hidden character, as was the final FINAL battle. But unlike Sonic Adventure, it wasn't just enough to beat the game with all the characters. You hadta work for it (tryna restrain myself from jumping into old fogey mode, lol). I even appreciate how Sonic Heroes tried bringing back this element by making you find the Chaos Emeralds yourself (via the Special Stages, another cool throwback) before getting to the end. Nowadays you just have to play straight through and let the cutscenes do all that work for you.

He's not useless, but I think the shock factor from Sonic 2-S&K has past. Should we dump him? HELL NAW!! But I think if he's gonna be in the next game, he should feel like he's worth the effort again. When you got all 7 Chaos Emeralds back in Sonic 2, you felt genuinely rewarded for your labor; being able to blast through the zones as the untouchable Super Sonic felt like a turbocharged victory lap.

When you got them all (AND boosted them to Super Emeralds), you felt like you were deemed worthy to enter the Doomsday Zone. That's how a final fight should feel, and it was the first time we saw Super Sonic's true potential, flying through space at hyperspeed, shattering asteroids, dodging missiles, and desperately maintaining your ring count as you rush to take Robotnik down once and for all.

We don't feel that way about him and these moments anymore because all you hafta do is just play through the main game just to see them. So I think that to get Super Sonic at his best on the next game, players will have to earn it.

I'd LOVE to see a game without Super Sonic.

Why? Because that would mean the game didn't involve the freakin' Chaos Emeralds.

The patterns for Sonic games are so damn predictable these days. Even the RPG follwed it!

If we got a game without the Chaos Emeralds it would give the writers a chance to expand on the universe further (Hopefully it would be WITHOUT the 7 *insert whatever here*)

More than that, I'd like to be able to see vanilla Sonic take on one of Eggman's superpowered doomsday machines again. It'd be really cool to see Sonic be able to handle something that Super Sonic would usually wipe out as he always has been for the past how many years. I think that's the problem I have with Luffy using Gear Second so much, it's becoming overused.

Sonic Battle doesn't count because

that game sucked

Edited by Jake