Awoo.

Sonic Adventure Concert

Badnik Mechanic

This sounds great, the music of Sonic always deservers celebration. I wish I could be there, or watch a livestream at least, but that's not possible...

So I hope those two SSMB members will report back to us! And enjoy their time! :)

Anyway, can you tell us who will make a performance?

Apparently it already has started

best translation of the tweet is that they're talking about the development of SA1

• Thumbs Up 3

5 minutes ago, -Ace- said:

Apparently it already has started

best translation of the tweet is that they're talking about the development of SA1

Do you know who will make a performance? I could only imagine Crush 40, Ted Poley or Tony Harnell, since they were related to Adventure.

19 minutes ago, SonicDX said:

Do you know who will make a performance? I could only imagine Crush 40, Ted Poley or Tony Harnell, since they were related to Adventure.

I don't think that Johnny, Ted, or Tony are there aside from Jun. 

Edit: Tomoya Ohtani just appeared as a guest based of a recent tweet

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Sonicfan7 said:

So, uh, is somebody going to tell Sonic he doesn't have his headphones on his ears? 

That's an interesting fact, and I also realized that every time Sonic wears a sunglasses (for example in Riders), he doesn't wear it on his eyes, because he couldn't put it behind his ears! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Well T Bird is supposedly there, so we can get a much better account of that event afterwards. From what I've been seeing doesn't look all too major. Was honestly expecting a sort of concert based on tunes from the two games.

I wonder if they'll be meanies and drop a quick teaser or something near the end. :P

How long is this event? I hope only 4 hours. It would be really unfair if the United States continues to get stuck with fast-paced events compared to Japan and Europe.

Saying as doors open at 1:30pm and one of the advertised segments doesn't start until 6:30pm, it's longer than four hours. 

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, Detective Reptiles said:

Saying as doors open at 1:30pm and one of the advertised segments doesn't start until 6:30pm, it's longer than four hours. 

In which time?

I'd imagine this would have been local time for them (given that I got the information off a ticket booking page), so it's likely the event is over at this point. 

Concert finished about 3 hours ago, it was an incredible experience!

12936693_10153334242670213_8876866693775

No announcements of any kind incase anybody is looking for one, some nice concept art from SA1 and 2 that has never been seen before was shown during the talk though. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Spoiler

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfA5X6SUMAAkPnT.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfA5JumVIAAoyK8.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfA8Z25UkAAHwrl.jpg

@namineahtellai Took some rough pics of the concept art they showed off. I REALLY adore the very Sega Saturn-esque stuff they showed off for SA1.

• Thumbs Up 8

It's great but... I do have an issue with this...

It's completely irrelevant to the current Sonic franchise. At every event it's Crush 40 playing songs from the Adventure titles, which, as we all know, is a polar opposite of the Sonic franchise of today.

I mean... The issue is, where are performances done by an orchestra or something featuring stuff from present games? Why always Crush40 and Adventure songs which we hear every year at every event/every other event?

I mean... It's aggravating. If the Sonic franchise is going to abolish everything from that timeline, stop having Crush40 show up, stop playing the same exact songs every time, it has literally zero to do with Sonic now, and heck Crush40 didn't make a single track in recent games so...

One argument is fan service... But who on Earth is going to keep paying for the SAME guests, the SAME music, after doing so at every event post SA/SA2?

I just call that being a sucker... And it's one reason I hope Summer of Sonic doesn't have Crush40 AGAIN and if they do, at LEAST have something different played this time. It's irrelevant content, move on.

3 hours ago, Detective Hogfather said:

Is this a joke post? 

It's a concert called 'The Sonic Adventure Music Experience'

What the fuck do you think they're going to play? The music of the Honky Tonk Man?

"Sonic Adventure"

=

Irrelevant

That is my mindset. Compare the Sonic Colors-Today games to those from SA-Unleashed, we have what is essentially a completely different franchise compared to back then. Whereas the Genesis games have seen continued support, even getting Sonic 4, most of the franchise from SA-Unleashed is pretty much nonexistent now, the only thing keeping them in peoples minds is the CONSTANT reappearance of the ever aging Crush40 and the ever repetitive SA/SA2 music they perform at pretty much every appearance.

We have orchestrated music and a cartoony/quirky franchise, it's not the rock/punk franchise of yesterday, thus it's irrelevant content that only sticks around for fan service which really should have grown old on fans years ago.

That's not to say the current franchise is horrid, it's just to say what we see here, what they play, is irrelevant.

I expect orchestras and such, not "Crush40 appearance 1000", and being honest, orchestras would provide a much more pizazz kind of Sonic experience to me.

Just because the current direction doesn't have the same feel or energy that the Adventure era provided (I wouldn't say that it's an exact polar opposite man), doesn't mean SEGA should just forget about it. It's an event for fans who loved the Adventure games, I mean heck the fact that they shown some beta screenshots of what Adventure 1 would've looked like if it was on the Saturn is something Adventure fans would've loved to see! 

And also wasn't there a musical event where Sonic Lost World's music was orchestrated around the time Lost World was the latest hubbub in Sonic so it's not ALL Crush 40.

And it's not only just Crush 40 that's going to be in the 25th Anniversary Party at July 22nd, Hyper Potions is going to be there too! Porta Vista was the song used for Fire & Ice's reveal trailer and they also did some music for the trial version of Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3.

I'm still very confident that Lost World's story is probably the closest to what the Adventure games provided. 

I just don't agree with that mentality, it's just not the case.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, sansy said:

Just because the current direction doesn't have the same feel or energy that the Adventure era provided (I wouldn't say that it's an exact polar opposite man), doesn't mean SEGA should just forget about it. It's an event for fans who loved the Adventure games, I mean heck the fact that they shown some beta screenshots of what Adventure 1 would've looked like if it was on the Saturn is something Adventure fans would've loved to see! 

And also wasn't there a musical event where Sonic Lost World's music was orchestrated around the time Lost World was the latest hubbub in Sonic so it's not ALL Crush 40.

And it's not only just Crush 40 that's going to be in the 25th Anniversary Party at July 22nd, Hyper Potions is going to be there too! Porta Vista was the song used for Fire & Ice's reveal trailer and they also did some music for the trial version of Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3.

I'm still very confident that Lost World's story is probably the closest to what the Adventure games provided. 

I just don't agree with that mentality, it's just not the case.

I dunno...

I just feel like, if Genesis and post Colors/Colours are what SEGA wants to focus on today, then keep focused on those two portions and work on perfecting them instead of branching out in a third direction and trying to bring back something that has been nearly abandoned outright for years on end now save for, again, band performances.

I'm one of those weird types who thinks trying to mix Adventure styles/games into the other content we get today is a bad/confusing idea. It's just too many styles/preferences all popping out at once.

Edit

UNLESS they are dropping focus on something IN FAVOR of Adventure based content/games then... At least it's happening in a more organized manner.

I don't think the Classic games were that big of a focus, I mean sure Sonic 4 was made (but it was only named that to sell copies, now THAT'S cheap fanservice bullcrap) and Classic Sonic is in Generations and Runners. But I think at this point, SEGA's focus for Sonic is at the main series and Boom. And I'm pretty confident that since SEGA wants to make sure to make it clear that the 2 are very different series that exists in their own canon. They'll probably have the change the tone to help differentiate the main series from Boom since that's going to be the more light-hearted version of Sonic, it just makes sense to me. So maybe they will probably make the next game's tone more like the Adventures or Unleashed since as Webber and Gene has said before, they are aware of what the Adventure fans want. I'm sure Sonic Team probably got themselves stuck in a corner since they made so many variations within the main series, it's hard to know which direction to take whether its the tone or the gameplay style. But I s

I get being frustrated and confused, heck maybe if I was a fan for as long as you were; I'd probably would be in the same emotional state. But saying "If you aren't making Adventure games, stop reminding us of Adventure" is not the way to go. And I'm a very passionate Sonic fan as you but you don't see me being down in the rut and that's not because I don't love the Adventure games, I have a great respect for those games even though they have some issues that I don't particularly like but I still like them. And Unleashed is my favorite 3D Sonic game of all time and I have some expectations that the next main series game should be able to exceed the scale and detail that game provided. But I will still accept any game that's still good and fun to play since gotta rebuild that reputation first before you can anything else, if that were to happen. I always tend to keep some sort of "safety net" expectation, which is why I probably don't hate Rise of Lyric as much as much as most people. But this going off-topic, the concert is still a good idea since it's best to atleast acknowledge that the Adventures is still a huge part of the series' appeal.

• Thumbs Up 1