Awoo.

The creator & Director of Gravity Falls are at Sega

Badnik Mechanic

This has the potential to be rather interesting... Maybe something cool might coming out this further down the line?

3 minutes ago, AMC/H&M said:

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/tv/gravity-falls-alex-hirsch-will-develop-animated-series-fox-129418.html

Sorry for being a buzzkill here, but here's his next workplace. Sorry for that.

Yeah and? Writers can write on more than one project at a time you know.

Also regardless, why is he there at all? Let alone under an NDA?

• Thumbs Up 8

Interesting. Has there ever been an official Gravity Falls game? It'd be cool if something like that was brewing with SEGA.

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Potada said:

Interesting. Has there ever been an official Gravity Falls game? It'd be cool if something like that was brewing with SEGA.

Yes, developed by Ubi and using the Rayman engine. It's likely that he's not at SEGA for anything related to Gravity Falls.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Potada said:

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

There has been for the 3DS and it makes use of the same engine as Rayman Origins.  From what I hear, it's loads of fun and the story written by the actual writers of Gravity Falls.

Anyway, I'm remaining cautiously optimistic.  I look forward to seeing what he has to offer, but am prepping myself to not be disappointed if it turns out he was just there for social media reasons.

EDIT- Chris ninja'd me but it's okay because he's the one who told me about the Gravity Falls game in the first place. XD

Edit: :^) ~C

Edited by Chris
  • Thumbs Up 6

While this is certainly intriguing, we should probably temper our expectations so we don't get disappointed about a prospect that we made up in our heads. 

I really should watch Gravity Falls. I remember my friend being very sad upon the show's conclusion.

While he might be better than Pontac, I don't see how Alex writing a Sonic game would be all that different honestly. Lots of Gravity Falls' style of writing is just the characters standing around making meta or dark-humor jokes, and while the latter would be perfect for Eggman, I... don't see it rubbing off on Sonic and Co. any better than how Pontac did it.

I guess the overall story and characters might be handed better, but isn't a lot of that still up to SEGA?

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, The Deleter said:

While he might be better than Pontac, I don't see how Alex writing a Sonic game would be all that different honestly. Lots of Gravity Falls' style of writing is just the characters standing around making meta or dark-humor jokes, and while the latter would be perfect for Eggman, I... don't see it rubbing off on Sonic and Co. any better than how Pontac did it.

I guess the overall story and characters might be handed better, but isn't a lot of that still up to SEGA?

If I recall correctly, I believe Potac and Graff had full control of Lost World's story, which most see as still a low point in terms of Sonic story. In general, there's more problems with that game's story than just the humor.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

.....y'know.

Gravity Falls episodes would end in cryptic messages, right?

Well, what has the Aaron Webber been doing these past few months?

Guys.

GUYS.

Oh...

You think the creator of Gravity Falls is a shapeshifter and he has been pretending to be Aaron Webber to deceive Sonic fans for all these months?

That's a terrible thought.

• Thumbs Up 3

10 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

If I recall correctly, I believe Potac and Graff had full control of Lost World's story, which most see as still a low point in terms of Sonic story. In general, there's more problems with that game's story than just the humor.

Well yeah, that game gave them a lot of freedom, and if Alex had been in their position and wanted to make something similar... yeah, I'd hazard a guess that it'd be a million times better.

But Lost World was a very "detached" game for a Sonic game, where stages didn't matter to the world or the progression, and even then... I have a hard time believing that the boss structure of "Zeti > Eggman" was entirely decided by Pontac and Graff, and that played a huge part on the finale. Other games have locations to travel to, a vision of the world, and a pretty cut-and-dry scenario, so will we really get that same freedom back for writers ever again, and even if we do, does that really guarentee a good story?

Working on Video Game stories is quite different than working on a TV show, after all.

3 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

Y'know.

Gravity Falls episodes would end in cryptic messages, right?

Well, what has the Aaron Webber been doing these past few months?

Guys.

GUYS.

This is just the beginning... the calm... before the storm...

• Thumbs Up 5

Edit: never mind fake account.  Put it down to me being on the mobile and it's harder to check and that it's 2am and... Meh who cares it was simple so effective. They got me lol.

Edited by Detective Hogfather
Those meddling kids.
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Detective Hogfather said:

Oh Shiiiiiii!

This can't be just a visit now!? Right!?

isn't that a fake account?

3 minutes ago, Detective Hogfather said:

Oh Shiiiiiii!

This can't be just a visit now!? Right!?

OHS HIT STICKS AND VOCAL THEMES CONFIRMED FOR THE NEXT SONIC TEAM GAME OH FUCK IT"S ON NOW GET HYPE

• Thumbs Up 9

Without getting excited about completely fake accounts, it is worth taking note of the fact that Alex Hirsh suggests he may have multiple projects on the go right now, and not just a single new animated series:

With that said, I wouldn't get too excited; I'm continuing on the assumption that nothing interesting will happen, which is very possible.

• Thumbs Up 2

Why would noone think that he was there just to hang out with Aaron and other staff? He asked Madeon to do the same, and it doesn't mean that he will write music for Sonic right away.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Spееdy said:

Why would noone think that he was there just to hang out with Aaron and other staff? He asked Madeon to do the same, and it doesn't mean that he will write music for Sonic right away.

While no one is ruling out the possibility, a good reason to consider it could be something more is because they haven't specified by now is that it wasn't a business trip or anything like that.

But of course, this is Sega we're talking about, who aren't strangers to leaving us in suspense over literally nothing.

Whatever is going on, I hope we will get a great story writer for the next Sonic game(s). The past years were kinda boring in that point. And that post from Jun Senoue... I would love to see the character themes return! I really loved them from every Sonic game, and I'm sure if it comes to Jun Senoue, he'll do his very best! ^_^ But... wait a minute, Sticks? Does this mean we will see Boom even in the anniversary game? Oh dear, why?! Please, Boom only exists since 2014, and it's been the worst Sonic product yet. Then why it is so necessary to put it into the anniversary game? Why all recent Sonic games are always related to it somehow? I don't understand why they don't stop dealing with Boom, it's such a failure in my opinion. If Sticks would be 'just' a character in the next game, it wouldn't be a problem, but I guess this means we'll see Boom character designs, too. Which are terribly bad and 'unSonical'.

This just gets more and more interesting, I really can't wait to see what will turn out of this all!

He also went to The Pokemon Company and Studio Trigger recently, so clearly he's writing Pokemon Sun and Moon, too!

...temper your expectations. I know we're bloody desperate, but c'mon. 

• Thumbs Up 8