Here we have after SU and SBK...

Again on Dengeki DS:

090721113447fcd140f0551999.jpg

SWEET JESUS!O_O

Won't the author feel worn out with...three manga at the same time?O_O

Little translation:

Tails:Sonic!!

Sonic:Hey Tails! How are you~?

When are they gonna release a Tankōbon (single book) version of these three manga....

Eh. post your thoughts

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sean

• Phos

• KIRBY

• Kirvee

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, there was a SatBK manga? When did that happen?

I remember briefly seeing some loose scans of the Unleashed one not long before the game came out, but Black Knight manga is news to me.

Sonic Manga is always awesome manga in this forum. The problem is how can't we get copies of this book!

Sonic Manga is always awesome manga in this forum. The problem is how can't we get copies of this book!

Or a (good) English translation. I wish TokyoPop or VIZ Media had manga rights to Sonic.

it'd help if people scanned the thing. You can't expect people to translate it if there's no material to translate. Sides translated or not, it may make for some good art.

Yeahhhh as I've expressed before, I don't really care for any of the manga art styles for Sonic... even though Sonic's always been the type I would have expected to translate pretty well into manga form, especially in shonen style.

Are these manga even ongoing series? To me they sound like they're one-shots, which is why the mangaka gets to work on different games.

Wait, there was a SatBK manga? When did that happen?

I remember briefly seeing some loose scans of the Unleashed one not long before the game came out, but Black Knight manga is news to me.

Here!

I think I was the one who posted the translations of the SU manga...=w=/

Don't look at me, I don't have access to them...Canada sucks OTL

Here!

I think I was the one who posted the translations of the SU manga...=w=/

Don't look at me, I don't have access to them...Canada sucks OTL

Working link

The SU manga had a few funny bits (Like the aggressive Ice Cream vendor thing), but it was a bit scatter brained and it seemed like entire issues existed just to make a single joke.

Edited by Phos

YAY 4 tailz! :lol:

It may be a sonic chronicles manga, but I don't remember the game starting like this. It cloud be something else. :huh:

Man, if someone scanned it or I had a way to get them myself, I'd translate and scanlate all three.

English rights and volumes would be awesome, something new to add to my collection.

Am I the only one who thinks that panel looks as if from a hentai? O_O;;

I'm going to make a humanized Sonic manga somewhere in the future! \(-w-)/ And it won't be a hentai! And it will be in English and uploaded for free for some time until mass media will get interested in it! ゜∀゜♪ Then I'll think about stopping being such a modest person I am!

Back to sanity, game-promoting Sonic mangas are puny. There should be more strips like Dash&Spin... They were at least funny.

YAY 4 tailz! :lol:

It may be a sonic chronicles manga, but I don't remember the game starting like this. It cloud be something else. :huh:

The game started with Sonic returning to Green Hill and Central City, after being away for a long while. It makes sense for this to be Chronicles, I suppose. They always change/add some things in the manga adaptations. For example, in the Unleashed manga, Chip got so excited that he destroyed the ice cream vendors stall.

I would love it if that manga turned out to be based on Chronicles. I hate this notion among some fans that Chronicles isnt true canon, and a lot of people seem to base that belief at least partly on the fact that Sega of Japan had so little to do with it. So if they are in fact that they are releasing an official Japanese manga based on the game, that might help people realize that the game is in fact accepted by the Japanese branch of Sega, and is as canonical as any other Sonic game... or at least any other spin-off Sonic game. Now if they could only give shade a profile on Sonic Channel...

Most of the arguments I've seen for that actually had to do with weird characterizations.

Sonic Chronicles is being released in Japan, is being covered by Sonic Channel and the Sonic Channel Blog. It's canon, like it or not. For what the story itself actually offers, I don't see why it shouldn't be coounted as non-canon anyway. It doesn't contradict stuff (besides Zone locations, and that really ticks me off) and nicely ties together the Knuckles tribe and the Gizoids with something new that we already knew existed. I love Chronicles, but it's terribly flawed game. Here's hoping the potential sequel is more awesome, and less marmite. The Japanese release makes it seem like a sequel is more likely.

The reason I don't call it canon is because so much time passes, setting it apart on any Sonic timeline.

Plus it is sort of a spinoff game, it's an RPG series.

It doesn't contradict stuff (besides Zone locations, and that really ticks me off).

Remind me which areas were wrong on the maps? I can't remember.

But yeah. If it is considered canon, I'm excited for that. And a Japanese take on the story would be cool.

It's not confirmed the manga is for Chronicles, is it? What else could it be?

The SU manga had a few funny bits (Like the aggressive Ice Cream vendor thing)

...I really have to wonder how that would work.

"What good is ice cream in a time like this? RARGH!" *tries to eat Chip*

...I really have to wonder how that would work.

"What good is ice cream in a time like this? RARGH!" *tries to eat Chip*

No, what happens is Chip makes a mess of the Ice Cream vendor's stand(The Ice Cream Vendor looks like an adult sized momoto from Zatch Bell), and Sonic promises to fix it. While searching for materials, he's attack by a bunch of Eggman's robots and destroys them. Chip Suggests that Sonic use parts of the robots to make a new stand, and he ends up with an ice cream dispensing robot, that will automatically sell you ice cream... whether you like it or not.

Chronicles was actually a good game (for the first Sonic RPG it was at least pretty well-done, imo). The only really flawed thing in it was the battle system.

No, what happens is Chip makes a mess of the Ice Cream vendor's stand(The Ice Cream Vendor looks like an adult sized momoto from Zatch Bell), and Sonic promises to fix it. While searching for materials, he's attack by a bunch of Eggman's robots and destroys them. Chip Suggests that Sonic use parts of the robots to make a new stand, and he ends up with an ice cream dispensing robot, that will automatically sell you ice cream... whether you like it or not.

That's actually surprisingly hilarious. :lol:

The reason I don't call it canon is because so much time passes, setting it apart on any Sonic timeline.

Well, it could be considered to be perpetually set two years after "present day" (you know, with "present day" being when all the other games take place).