Awoo.

Sonic Chrono Adventure 1.1 - SAGE 2014

LakeFeperd

Ooh me, I paid attention! I downloaded it yesterday morning and I found it pretty enjoyable and interesting thus far! Also you signing up here is a nice coincidence because I left a comment on your YouTube vid for it explaining where I've come across a glitch that I'm not sure how to get past.. (image of glitch in the spoiler, it's in Great Gap Zone East)

9951bece518b266461d318997a96a79e.png

Since I haven't been able to advance, I've just been listening to the After the Sequel OST loads, because damn is it good ^^;

Was going to make a topic once I was done with the game, but I'm still in the middle of playing it and not even up to any of the bosses that people at other places have mentioned.

Enjoying this quite a bit so far! Your ability for being able to retool existing enemies, items and gimmicks for new uses is still as appealing as ever, and while it'd be nice to have more spots to put each of the abilities to more use and hide EXP objects (haven't found more than about 7 mixed EXP objects, and I'm up to the Pecan Dungeon with presumably all of the abilities), the pacing of both the story and gameplay is really nice; especially being able to see a number of animal NPC's in a game environment. Music from Metal Gear Rising turning up for a boss battle made me crack a huge grin!

Found only one Chaos Emerald so far from returning to the area at the start of the game and abusing the Rocket Shoes(?) to scale upwards. I'm assuming there's all seven scattered around, and that there's one of your usual amazing super secret endings for finding them? I've been keeping my eyes out for areas to return to like this, but I haven't seen any others yet...

Wow this looks pretty cool, I never really knew about this before. If you don't mind me asking how long in development was this for.

i think it was about.. a little more than 6 months i guess, can't really remember.

@Wonder SuperLink

well, that's wierd anyway, i think there is another route to the sky empire but if you can't even reach it, try Q and P at the same time, it should activate debug mode, them just press R to moon jump your way out of there.
debug mode should deactivade once you get into another level;

• Thumbs Up 1

i think it was about.. a little more than 6 months i guess, can't really remember.

@Wonder SuperLink

well, that's wierd anyway, i think there is another route to the sky empire but if you can't even reach it, try Q and P at the same time, it should activate debug mode, them just press R to moon jump your way out of there.

debug mode should deactivade once you get into another level;

Ahh ok thank you! I'll try that out asap, (I'll try again to find another route first)

If I have any more glitches I'll post them here too! Good job again on making another awesome game c:

Having fun with this, really like the jet boot type power up, and the chasing Eggman through the time portals stuff, but I'm bothered that the ramps and loops force you forward, I'm sure BTS and ATS didn't do that. And that Sonic stops when he swings the sword.

And that Sonic stops when he swings the sword.

Yeah that bugs me a bit too actually, it makes me not want to use the sword unless it's totally necessary.

I really like the jet boots though, they look awesome too *o*

Now I've got stuck the exact same place Wonder Superlink has, there seems to be an invisible floor there.

Yeah that sounds like the exact same problem I had, an invisible floor. I used the debug mode LakeFepard mentioned to go to the higher route of the stage to get past it but I also wonder if I just wasn't meant to go that way yet? I dunno. I couldn't find any other way to go.

Gonna watch a lets play or something to see what others did at that point.

looking at the level design right now, i can see that YES, you can find another route and go back (which is actually where you are supposed to go), just remember that you CAN use the jet shoes again right after you charged it up (that is, charge it > release > and spam up + Z)

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh man I feel really dumb, I was supposed to use the jet boots on the Sky Speedway Zone to get higher up x-x I totally thought I couldn't do anything there yet.

Time to go back!

• Thumbs Up 1

So back to Sky Speedway zone huh, now if only I remembered where that is :B

but I'm assuming I went round the map the wrong way and am supposed to go the other way?

So back to Sky Speedway zone huh, now if only I remembered where that is :B

That's the place with the big elevator right at the bottom of the map (so before the black base area that's before the great gap area), you need to go up the elevator and then use the jet boots to boost up onto the road above to the left.. at least at the point of the game I'm at, haha.

Ah, yes, got confused becuase the characters called it The Sky Empire, that's where I was trying to get to when I got stuck. went that way becuase the opposite direction from New Castle Zone goes to Misty Maze zone.

• Thumbs Up 1

glad to hear that guys... and a bit worried, i thought i made everything clear but in the end, people even forget that they can ask rodolia for help D:

maybe i should've reminded playes that they could do that, but then again, people complained a lot when they did that in zelda skyward sword.

Still, i have nobody but myself to blame.

glad to hear that guys... and a bit worried, i thought i made everything clear but in the end, people even forget that they can ask rodolia for help D:

maybe i should've reminded playes that they could do that, but then again, people complained a lot when they did that in zelda skyward sword.

Still, i have nobody but myself to blame.

I did forget about Rodolia, but I think I just assumed that I couldn't get to Sky Empire from the Sky Speedway and thought I must be able to get there from the right side of the map instead somehow!

To be honest I think what threw me off a bit was that upon reaching the top of the elevator, I went right and saw the arrows pointing down, which I know usually signpost a way to a different area, but I couldn't see any other arrows so I thought that meant that I should be going back down to the bottom of the elevator again to look for another way in ^^;

it is a tricky balance to make when reminding players how to activate help, perhaps have Rodolio remind Sonic briefly only in cutscenes that are just before a particularly long stretch of Zones? Rather than in every cutscene if that makes sense.

Considering it's your first proper shot at such an open game, I really think it flows pretty well for the most part.

• Thumbs Up 2

I didn't forget Rhodolia, I just have trouble with finding a path that isn't blocked, but then I guess getting lost is kind of a risk/difficulty factor in open games anyway.

Just saw the trailer - I absolutely love the sprite work! Sonic's sprite is awesome and Eggman's animations in the cutscene you showed were super expressive and nice. The music also gave me Kingdom Hearts vibes. I'll check this out!

I suppose I should post this, I'll edit the footage later and I still have an hour more of footage left: 

That's nice, there is always a let's play of one of my games showping up on youtube every day =)
I always like to see how people play my games so, keep it up.

Anyway, this should also be helpfull for poeple that are getting lost.

I seem to have hit another snag, hoping someone can help point me in the right direction :P

I have all the abilities I think and I just beat the EGGATS (I think it's called) and then something started happening at the Sky Empire, so I went there.

Now I appear to be stuck.. I can't seem to go back down to the Speedway because the truck thing won't let me in, and I can't advance because there's something blocking the hole to the staff area

f88dbd59a641ee003b91c70a5060ebd6.png

dffdcdd5482439a3aac478e5c763f974.png

Can't seem to do anything here :(

You just have to hit that thing (and a few others you'll run into while exploring) with a non-charged punch!

It's weird they don't work when you charge the punch, and there's no indication you shouldn't always charge punches at any point... since you still have a delay for attacking with it even when tapping, making the sword more reliable for heavier damage on static enemies.