Awoo.

Sonic Riders 3

Segamaster

Hey guys, this topic is for Sonic Riders 3, when Sega finally makes the third installment to the franchise, what would you guys/gals like to see in it? The first two games was AWESOME that's how I like my games, similar gameplay but drastically different at the same time, Zero Gravity was such a fresh new game it was, tight. So I heard there was going to be a new one and I thought to myself...BRING IT ON!! :lol: I would like them to go back to the basics of the first Sonic Riders and tweak/improve the gameplay mechanics, and the the new MAIN feature to the game would be being able to get off your Gear and platform, and for co-op you can team up old school style: Sonic/Tails, Jet/Wave, Sonic/Knuckles, Jet/Storm, and vise versa as well as any unlockable characters too you could get creative as you'd want, So...well...discuss :lol:

Edited by Segamaster

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JezMM

• JaidynReiman

• Dejablue

• SuperStingray

If it ever comes that is.

I find it somewhat doubtful. Where did you hear that its coming?

I dont want anymore Sonic Riders games, the game ended on a perfect note on Sonic Riders 2. So whats the point?

Mix the speed of the first game and the gravity controls of the second and it'll be a winner for me.

I thought Riders 1 was passable but I really did love Zero Gravity. I just wish the story mode didn't take less than a day to complete.

Oh that reminds me, we need a longer and more in-depth story too. And proper online racing.

Mmm... I think it could turn out quite well if they enhance some of the features in the first two. They really do need to find a good method, stick with it, and make it easier to play. And especially, MAKE SOME DAMN DIFFICULTY LEVELS! Either I'm killing everyone else, or I'm getting killed like crazy. And even then, I can't play with anybody else.

I would like more enhancements like that, and probably four Grand Prix modes instead of two. That's the main thing nice about Mario Kart--there's three to four difficulty levels and generally three grand prix modes. I love Sonic Riders and all, but after beating Story Mode there's just not much left to do.

And as far as a "Sonic Riders 3" goes, we're pretty much guaranteed to get one.

Oh... shouldn't this be in "Upcoming Games," though? It's not confirmed, but neither is Sonic Chronicles 2.

Riders 2 was the first Sonic game with a significant story that I consciously decided not to get. It's pretty much the point that I mark as "I am not taking this bullshit anymore".

That said, I wouldn't immediately write off a Riders 3. But they'd have to really work to prove it's worth paying attention to.

well, I love the rider series, both where awesome.

I would love if they keep up with the gravity controling, it was fun and original(for a racing game) but make them faster, ZG was a bit slow

also an enchanced story and gran prix mode would be really apreciated. Also I don't like the "2 versions of the same scenario" thing, I would prefer diferent and variated tracks

A lot more tracks(8 tracks with an alternate skin is pathetic for a racing game these day), more characters(Emerl/Gmel, Marine, Eggman Nega, The Chaotix, Shade, and the Werehog as a Super Sonic-like transformation), and proper online multiplayer.

Bar the story. Entirely. There shouldn't be a reason for Sonic characters to have a race. The only plausible one is a race for the Chaos Emeralds. That was the extent of it for Sonic Drift and Sonic R. It shouldn't be any more than that.

I never really saw why this series was poorly received by so many. I'd like to see another, I'd definitely love to see the gravity gameplay return, but as far as story goes, I think the Babylon Rogues have more than enough background. They're already space genies.

If it ends up being made I think the next logical step for Riders 3; is to give it a "bigger" feel. So considerably ramp up the character roster and the number of tracks to race through, and make sure to add some online play as well. (and since it's no longer 2005 it might help to ditch the PS2 if necessary to beef it up.)

More than any of that though I just hope the series keeps its trademark comicalness and keeps using the futuristic style it's done so well so far. I liked that the last two were simple racing games but they actually attempted to have a somewhat deep plot; even though it won't win any oscars it's still good to have for some people who like alternatives. (In this case, you won't find space genies in Mario Kart, no sir!)

I don't know. Zero Gravity seemed to officially end everything.

The only thing SEGA can do is bring up some new idiot villain, make Sonic and the Babylon Rogues team up to defeat him, and all ends well. Which would be pointless since that technically already happened.

If SEGA did pull out a 3rd game, I just hope the lines would be acceptable, the gameplay isn't too easy/hard, and there's plenty of special features that don't suck.

EDIT: I would like to add that Riders 3 would need better graphics. Riders 1 was awful, ZG was okay. The thing with ZG was that the cutscenes were the typical half-assed job SEGA would do, but the Opening, "Insert", and Ending scenes were gorgeous. We need more of those.

Edited by Roo

If they do make a Sonic Riders 3, they should:

- Have a difficulty setting so it doesn't take a long time to get experienced with the game like Riders 1.

- Include more tracks instead of 5 or 6.

- Improve on the Babylon Rogues' character. I don't mind them too much, but they should improve on their character a bit more.

- Include more classic Sega characters as secret characters, I'd kill to see Beat (from the Jet Set Radio series), Vyse (from Skies of Arcadia), and Ristar (from Ristar) in there.

- Make a better story mode. Riders 2's story mode was too short from what I heard and I could never get past the 2nd level when you use Tails and have to get in 1st place (he was too slow)

- Not make it only for Wii and PS2. Make it for Wii, 360, and PS3.

- BETTER ONLINE MODE! NOT THIS LEADERBOARDS AND GHOST DATA BULLSHIT! I want to own some n00bs on Xbox Live or PSN with Sonic, Knuckles, and Wave.

Sonic Riders ZG didn't have a fitting story at all. Whether you like it or not isn't important, but why did Team Sonic have to race around a circuit to some ancient ruins? Why did Sonic have to do laps to escape from some robots that he would otherwise smash? And WHY did they use Extreme Gear this time around? It was part of the story in Riders but in ZG they were there for no reason. The gravity moves were really fun but they didn't comply with the story because there was only supposed to be like 5 plumes.

I would enjoy another Riders game, but dear God they near to do something about those graphics. Both of them (not so much on ZG) were disgusting to look at. Everthing was super low poly and the textures were either blurred or pixelated like mad.

They would also need to make the characters feel different. They all have slightly different stats that fail to impact the gameplay at all making it just a question of which type your character is. If the stats made more of an impact and the characters perhaps had unique specials by collecting rings/item boxes then it'd be muich more interesting. About the level ups, I'm not sure about how they should go.

In Riders they were just plain annoying and in ZG they looked kool because changed your gear, but then they drained your rings? Lame. Maybe it would be best for them to level up automatically at X number of rings would would then grant you the ability to grind, fly, smash or some other things. I say other things because they needs to be more than just speed, power and fly. The entire S/P/F syndrome could be scrapped in favour of the characters behaving more like they do in standard game with signature moves. In the Rivals 2 you fill up a signature meter by collecting rings. Riders 3 should have something very similar: fly for Tails, boost for Sonic, damaging sheild for Knuckles, confusing sheild for Silver, etc, etc. The race would become far more engaging.

Bringing back the fuel system could be okay, but I'm not sure since most people seemed to dislike it. It made for difficulty and you'd have to think about how you'd do things, though the CPU characters didn't actually have fuel. Very unfair. Tricking could benefit from the player controlling them with the buttons as well as directions. Pressing this button will shoot you high up and the other with boost you forward and this can be done only once and any time before landing.

Riders 3 would have to really rethink most things to become a decent game, becuase the first two really are quite flawed.

Edited by Blue Blood

Wouldn't dream of them making a remake. The first and the sequel failed to rip-off Mario Kart.

Edited by Adek

Loved the first one. The second one was okay.

I'd probably only get the next one with Online Play. Failing to incorporate it in Riders 2 was almost inexcusable. If they don't include it in the next one, THEN it'll be inexcusable.

I'm not looking forward to Riders 3....Riders Zero Gravity was a horrible sequel...

But yeah, if they >are< going to make Riders 3, put it also for Playstation 3 and 360. Especially PS3 because I don't own a 360. If they seriously improve on the gameplay then I may consider getting it because I enjoyed Riders 1. DX

No, just no. They don't need to make another sequel. The last two were already bad enough, and the series seems to get progressively worse with each installment.

for co-op you can team up old school style: Sonic/Tails, Jet/Wave, Sonic/Knuckles, Jet/Storm, and vise versa as well as any unlockable characters too you could get creative as you'd want
"Sonic Riders: Double Dash!!"

Sonic Riders was meant to be a trilogy, I think.

I did enjoy the Sonic Riders games. They were great. I am not sure what I would like to see in a 3rd one. What I would really like to see is a sequel to Sonic R for the Saturn. That would be cool.

What I would really like to see is a sequel to Sonic R for the Saturn. That would be cool.

I'm definitely in agreement here. I'd take Sonic R over Riders any day of the week.

I really don't see it happening, mostly because the storyline was pretty much wrapped up in ZG. But if it does happen, we'd have to see the following:

- Made for the current generation of systems (360 and PS3) with great graphics

- Good online play (could be it's main selling point)

- Better designed tracks

- Storyline not directly involving the Babylon Rogues. They can take part in it, but not as the focal point.

A lot more tracks(8 tracks with an alternate skin is pathetic for a racing game these day)

They were hardly alternate skins. They shared a few copy and pasted areas with each other but overall every track had a different layout from their alternative versions, especially the further you got into the game (and on pretty much EVERY track in ZG).

Wouldn't dream of them making a remake. The first and the sequel failed to rip-off Mario Kart.

...It wasn't trying to rip-off Mario Kart.

The thing with ZG was that the cutscenes were the typical half-assed job SEGA would do, but the Opening, "Insert", and Ending scenes were gorgeous. We need more of those.

Half-assed? The cut-scene weren't perhaps at Unleashed quality, but they were a damn sight better than the robotic animation of Heroes and Shadow at the time. They did a pretty damn good job of keeping the animation interesting and varied considering most cut-scenes have the characters just standing around talking.

Also, won't quote anyone in particular for this, but the story being finished? The story was finished in Riders 1 but they still managed to tag some stuff onto it. That doesn't mean anything really. Though I would rather have a new story than ANOTHER extension. "The babylons descended from GENIES! ...Who were ALIENS! ...Who were ROBOTS! ...Who were PIRATES! ...From AUSTRALIA!" etc...

I love the Riders games though, but I'd much rather have a threequel based on Riders gameplay than Riders ZG. ZG kinda ramped the difficulty down from Riders 1 TOO much in my opinion, and the new gimmicks basically meant there was only ever one route worth going on through each track depending on your character type. This was true of Riders 1 as well, but even moreso of Riders ZG.

They should also incorporate a slightly better attacking/item system. In Riders it was impossible to defend yourself, and in Riders ZG there WERE no attacks.

Yeah... love the series but it's far from perfection. I'm up for more regardless though. Definately online play next time.

The first Riders was good, and ZG was...ok. I don't think they should really make a third game. Sure they could add some new storyline to it but I don't want it to be again about the Babylon Rogues and their history. Next thing you know they'll not only say they're genie alien birds, but something else silly aswell.

As long as the story isn't all about Babylon Garden, the graphics are tweaked up ALOT more, there's actual online AND there's even more characters (and SEGA ones), then I don't mind. But otherwise, there is really no need for a third Riders game.

Btw, I agree with Jez. the cutscenes and character models themselves too look far better than Heroes and ShtH's models. Ooooh, it puts them to shame! XP