Awoo.

characters and teams for a possible Sonic Heroes 2...?

DaN

I think they should scrap Team Chaotix to be honest.

Wh!... Say what you will about the other fools, but I'm always down with Vector. I thought we were friends.

I, I don't even know who to trust anymore man.

• Thumbs Up 5

TEAM FUTURE: Silver the Hedgehog, *somebody who can fly* and Blaze the Cat.
Silver's classed as a flying type in Riders 2...and I think that's a far better position for him than Speed, since he moved like molasses in '06. Plus flying types are so rare that we really can't afford to lose any...anyone can be a speed type, and some can pass as a power type in a pinch, but if you can't fly (or do something reasonably similar), you ain't a fly type...

No more Amy Rose. No more Big the Cat.
Boo. Amy'd be fine if she were toned down, and Big's awesome.

No more Team Chaotix: as much as I love Espio the Chamelion and Charmy Bee (the less said about Vector, the better), their section of gameplay was by far the worst, with all those seek-and-locate objectives rather than what makes Sonic games cool (running really fast towards a goal ring).
They could fix that...easily.

What's with all the Chaotix hate? They're what made Sonic Heroes...well that, and the game being AWESOME!

Plus if Sonic Heroes 2 really is in the tube this is their chance to see some gametime once again, seeing as their prescence has been absent in Sonic games since Shadow the hedgehog, bar some crappy spin-off games.

Well, Charmy is the only Sonic character I really hate, so I don't want to see him ever again.

I still want the opportunity to create your own team from a cast of characters, each one with particular abilities and moves. they should be splitted into 4 types: Speed,Poweer,Balanced,Ability

Speed: Sonic, Shadow,Blaze

Power: Knuckles,Omega,Vector

Balanced: Espio, Amy, Rouge

Ability: Silver, Tails, Fang

Optional characters ( a la Cream and Omega in Sonic Chronicles): Metal Sonic (speed)

each character should have a set of standard moves

Sonic: homing attack, spin dash, Sonic wind ( projectile type a la Sonic Battle), bouncing jump (SA2) and a set of punchs/ kicks about 3-4 combos. PECULIAR MOVE: dash ( a la Sonic Unleashed turbo) SPECIAL ATTACK: Tornado

Shadow: homing attack (a la STH 2006), chaos spear, chaos control, set of punchs/kicks 5-6 combos PECULIAR MOVE: hovering (with skates) SPECIAL ATTACK: Chaos Blast

Blaze: fire tornado, homing attack (only 3 chained attacks), fire balls, acrobatic fire kick (an uppercut with legs), set of punch/kicks 3-4 combos

PECULIAR MOVE: double jump (a la STH 2006) SPECIAL ATTACK: Fire Explosion

Knuckles: uppercut, charged punch (a la Sonic Battle), earthquake punch (from air to the ground, while jumping), Red Drill (a la STreet Fighter Mr. Bison /Vega's Psyco Crusher), a set of punchs/kicks 5-6 combos.

PECULIAR MOVES: hovering, throw other characters (a la Sonic Heroes) SPECIAL ATTACK: Echidna Smash

Omega: arm machine guns, missles, grab move, robo shield, set of punchs 4-5 combos

PECULIAR MOVES: electric healing, throw the other chars ( A la Sonic Heroes) SPECIAL ATTACK: Omega Laser

Vector: tail smash, punch to the ground (his move while jumping in Sonic Heroes), flame thrower (by his mouth), grab move, set of punchs(Kicks 3-4 combos

PECULIAR MOVES: double bubbling jump SPECIAL ATTACK: Bubbling explosion (just like his lv 3 attack in Sonic Heroes)

Espio: shurikens, homing attack (similiar to Blaze), ninja tornado, ninja teleporting ( while confusing enemins), set of punchs kicks 4-5 combos

PECULIAR ATTACK: invisibility SPECIAL ATTACK: Ninja slash

Amy: Piko Piko boom (charged attack), Piko Piko thrower, Piko Piko tornado (A la Sonic Heroes), Rose shield, set of punchs/kicks/piko piko 5-6 combos

PECULIAR MOVE: Piko Piko Jump (like her jump in SA) SPECIAL ATTACK: Amy's kiss (all the enemies get confused and Amy become faster)

Rouge: Flash Kick (Street Fighter Gulie's style), Bat bomb (like STH 2006), Bat drill (similiar to Knuckles but with legs), target kick ( similiar to homing attack), set of kicks 3-4 combos

PECULIAR MOVE: flying SPECIAL ATTACK: Rouge trap (she catches 4 enemies, kicks them and let them explode with bombs)

Silver: kinetik balls, kinetik stop (he stops enemies missiles and weapon and throw these against them just like STH 2006), kinetik shield, phsyko shock (his STH 2006 move that shoks enemies), set of punchs/kiks 4-5 combos

PECULIAR MOVE: pshyco flight SPECIAL ATTACK: Pshyco Beam (Silver grab 4 enemies with his power and let them explode by kinetik power)

Tails: Tail tornado (Tails tail attack in SA), hand cannon ball (A la Sonic Battle), mechanic shield, grab move, set of punchs/kicks/tail attack 4-5

PECULIAR MOVE: Tails flight SPECIAL ATTACK: Tornado fever (Tails get into his Tornado SA2 mech form and throw missles)

Fang: gun shooting, tail uppercut, grab move, Fang super punch, set of punchs/kicks 4-5 combos

PECULIAR MOVE: Healing SPECIAL ATTACK: Shotgun ( Fang gets a powerful shotgun wich can use for some time)

Metal Sonic: homing attack, metal dash (similiar to spin dash), chest blast (projectlyle type), Black Shield, a set of punchs/kicks 4-5 combos

PECULIAR MOVE: Hovering double jump SPECIAL ATTACK: Metal Sonic tornado ( he copies Sonic's move)

The gameplay style is a mix of Sonic Heroes and Marvel Ultimate alliance, with 3 or 4 chars at time, 1 controlled by the player and the rest by CPU

The stages are made for platforming and running in classic Sonic Style (the other characters follow you like in Sonic Heroes), combined with hack and slash portions. some few levels should be platform only centered, speed only centered and hack and slash only centered.

You can change team anytime you want

Some action can be done only by some kind of characters, you don't need the entire team beeing able to do the same action, just one that can do that. for example:

- loop de loops running and grinding: Sonic, Shadow, Blaze, Espio only

- flying sections only for flying characters

- destroying walls/stones only for power type chars

- manipulate machinens in some occasions: Tails, Rouge, Omega

- treasure hunting (sensor) Knuckles, Rouge, Fang

- some vehicles to drive: Shadow, Fang

- go through flame walls: Blaze only

Oh God, It seems I'm really hyped for this game :D

Edited by BlueHedgehog92

Yanno, I'm not a fan of Sonic Heroes. It's the epitome of monotony. Your teammatess belong to limiting class wherein they each share the exact same abilities. Each class has obstacles and enemies that are obviously catered to each, which can sometimes be so obvious that the game actually switches out your teammates for you. Most levels are exactly the same as a result. And you must do each campaign four times. I give props to anyone who can get through at least two campaigns in one sitting. I just can't do it, and I was hardly able to when the game was new.

But despite my resentment, I still actually like the idea of the teamplay gimmick; Controlling a Triple Threat just oozes potential. Thus, I wouldn't mind seeing it tried again in a direct sequel only if they made the decision to use just one team. One team with a far greater range of abilities, which would then open up the rest of the development time into creating puzzles and challenges that would invoke at least some iota of cerebral activity. Only then would I think they'd be onto something. But if this game would simply be a retread of the same patronization and monotony we encountered in the first, just with different characters and moves or something, then count me out.

Edited by Nepenthe

Sonic Heroes 2 seems pretty possible this time around.

Eh, I'd argue against that. Sonic Heroes is infamous for being known as "the game where the franchise went downhill". Heroes is also the game that really made a lot of people complain about "too many friends", which is something Sonic Team has been moving away from (Unleashed, Sonic 4). I sincerely doubt that there is going to a Sonic Heroes 2. Instead, I think there will just be a co-op campaign game for 2-3 players.

However, for the sake of the topic, I'd prefer for a Heroes 2 to be molded more like Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2. Being able to make your own teams with unique moves is much more appealing than locked teams that are boarderline clones of each other.

I, too, think there are way too many characters in the Sonic series. This could be an opportunity to clearly label the keepers and the scrap.

In my opinion, it should go something like this:

Obvious keepers- Sonic (duh), Tails, Knuckles, Eggman

Likely keepers- Shadow, Rouge, Omega, Blaze, Espio, Vector, Charmy (if they take him down a notch), Silver (and possibly Amy)

Not Likely- Cream, Big, Marine, Babylon Rogues, and just about every other minor character

Characters I'd like to see come back- Mighty

Which would leave this for arrangement in Sonic Heroes 2 (using the obvious and likely keepers):

Speed- Sonic, Shadow, Blaze, Espio

Fly- Tails, Rouge, Charmy, Silver

Power- Knuckles, Omega, Vector, Mighty

Giving these likely team combinations

Team Sonic- Sonic, Tails, Knuckles

Team Dark- Shadow, Rouge, Omega

Team Chaotix- Espio, Charmy, Vector

Team Blaze (or Team Silver)- Blaze, Silver, Mighty

Although i would like to possibly see a team of just the Sonic incarnates:

Speed- Sonic

Fly- Silver

Power- Shadow

And as for the game, some ideas to take into consideration are:

Co-op: Two or three players can control individual members of a team

Customizable Teams: Pair up any speed, fly, and power character

Altering Story-lines: Different play-throughs for all combinations of teams. In order for this to work, it should be divided into arcs (Introduction, speed character, transfer period, fly character, transfer period, power character, transfer period, final boss). This would cause the game to be much longer than the first, which is one thing I didn't like about the first.

Also, Eggman is getting boring, and there seems to be a whole bunch of 'one time' enemies, so maybe add another bad guy to keep permanently

One idea of mine for this is Scourge, infamous baddie from the comic books. I think it would be interesting to see him be put into a game.

Edited by HyperKnux

Wh!... Say what you will about the other fools, but I'm always down with Vector. I thought we were friends.

I, I don't even know who to trust anymore man.

Vector is totally being held back by his dropkick friends, he needs to abandon those fools and hook up with a new, badass team

• Thumbs Up 1

Vector's fate is to be dragged along by fools. Like how he's the only self-aware character in Chaotix, and he just jams out with his phones when you leave him still, not caring about your world-saving shenanigans!

I'm sure leaving Vector alone to his own game would bring about the apocalypse, these team formations and rubber band rings are here to restrain his power.

I'd put Shade on Speed, Knuckles on Power, and then I have no clue would be flying them but we'll cross that bridge when we get there. I call this Team SaveOurSpecies.

Vector is totally being held back by his dropkick friends, he needs to abandon those fools and hook up with a new, badass team

Vector, Mr. T and James Bond?

Because that's the coolest shit I can think of right now.

• 1 month later...

Team METAL

Speed: Metal Sonic (Sonic CD)

Flight: Mecha Sonic (Sonic 3 & Knuckles)

Power: Silver Sonic (Sonic 2)

Team Blast: "Metal Overlords" Metal Sonic turns into that blue Charizard mofo thing from Heroes. Mecha Sonic and Silver Sonic then turn into two other heads.

The three headed blue Charizard mofo thing then fires missiles, those crystal things and lazers

I think that could work.....

Team Anti-Sonic

Speed (Programmer): Shun Nakamura

Flight (Director): Tetsu Katano

Power (Scapegoat): GRIFFITH!!!!!!

In the plot, these characters band together because of their shared hatred of Sonic, and work together to make Sonic Heroes 2, the shittiest game they can create from the bowels of their horrific minds. Their team blast move causes everything on-screen to fall through the floor and die, causing a loading screen to waste away 20 seconds of your life.

• Thumbs Up 1

what about a game with 3 teams?

Sonic, Knuckles

Shadow,Rouge

Silver, Blaze

Epic SA2 style story (which also explains Silver and Blaze story), same gameplays (except for little differences between teams), a lot of stages and epic Boss Battles, a Chao Garden and a good Multiplayer

Team Empire- Metal Sonic (Neo Form) as Speed, Eggman Nega (wearing a jetpack) and Fly and Dr. Eggman as Power. THESE guys are the final bosses of the game.

Eggman meets Eggman Nega yet again, but he insists that they team up to conquer the world. Metal Sonic becomes the Speed member to keep Nega under control. Together, the three villains plan to use teamwork to destroy Sonic and Blaze and conquer the world. Their Team Blast has Metal Sonic stun foes with lightning bolts, then Eggman Nega torches them with the flames of his jetpack, allowing Eggman to beat them with wrenches (one in each hand). Team Empire fights all the other teams at Zone's end instead of going for Chaos or Sol Emeralds in Special Stages.

If Eggman Nega's in, Silver and Blaze aren't far behind.

Team Sol consists of Blaze, Silver and Marine. Marine is a special Power type, as her element depends on her level. At 0, she's non-elemental, just plainly beating on enemies; at 1, she's light, adding extra power to her punches and kicks; at 2, she's water, thrashing enemies and short-circuiting robotic enemies; full power at level 3 upgrades her water to crushing ice which turns her fists into icy spikeballs that nearly always deliver a one-hit kill. Silver and Blaze catch wind of the Eggmen teaming up again, so when Blaze sees Marine sailing on the water, she inducts her into her team, and the trio set off to find the Sol Emeralds and defeat Eggman Nega.

You start off as just Sonic and form your team or party by the areas you go to (ex. Mystic Ruins gives you Tails, Angel Island gives you Knuckles). Collect the Chaos Emeralds to power up your team or party or make the non-Supers share the invincibility. The Sol Emeralds are only useable by Team Sol. To play the final zone with simplicity, you must have a S-F-P team, although it can still be beaten by any other team, albeit, harder. Team Battles are much harder.

Once a character joins your team, you can customize their clothes (ex. Sonic wearing his SA3 shoes [the gem shoes] or Amy wearing her Olympics outfit). Each character has a unique ability only THEY have. The game can by played by 4 players (the fourth player controls a fourth character, turning the team into a party.) Human-controlled characters are individually controlled, the players must literally work together. Player 4 can choose whether to play as a character the other 3 didn't pick, or play as Tikal, Omochao or Chaos, exclusive to the fourth spot.

Instead of knocking the other team off the arena, you must inflict 30 points of damage to the other team, level 0 attacks do 1 point of damage, level 1s do 2, 2s do three and 3s do 4 (fall-outs do 5). Once a teammate is defeated, that team must beat the other with it's surviving members. The difficulty and longitivity of the game is deterimined by either 2 team members of the same team or the character of the hardest preset team in your party. Rose, Sonic and Retro are easy, Chaotix, Dark and Babylon are medium and Sol and Empire are the hard difficulty. Easy teams play one-act Zones, medium teams play two-act Zones and the hard-mode teams play the full three-act Zones.

After you complete a mission (Go for the Goal or Find the Treasure), you are ranked from S to F. S Ranks are crystal and if you S all the missions, it unlocks one or two things, depending on the console. F Ranks fall apart after you receive them and the out-of-tune Mission Complete theme plays. After you get an F rank, you are either to skip the act, or retry it with a easier team. Empire is for hardcore players, you MUST replay the mission with them until you get an E or higher to press on.

SPEED

Amy-Easy

Sonic-Easy

Mighty-Easy

Espio-Medium

Shadow-Medium

Jet-Medium

Blaze-Hard

Metal Sonic-Hard

FLY

Cream-Easy

Tails-Easy

Ray-Easy

Charmy-Medium

Rouge-Medium

Wave-Medium

Silver-Hard

Eggman Nega-Hard

POWER

Big-Easy

Knuckles-Easy

Fang-Easy

Vector-Medium

Omega-Medium

Storm-Medium

Marine-Hard

Eggman-Hard

Amy, Tails, and Knuckles would by an Easy team, as all of them belong to easy teams, and Tails and Knuckles are part of Team Sonic, an easy team. Cream, Rouge and Fang would be a Medium team, all of them are from different teams, but Rouge is from Team Dark, a medium team. Sonic, Eggman and Omega would be a hard-to-control, hard-mode team because Eggman is part of a hard team, and Sonic and Omega don't get along with Eggman. Careful, some characters don't get along or have a special bond with others.

Team Blasts: (Super)Sonic Overdrive [super thundershoot], Chaos Inferno [stop time], Flower Festival [invincibilty], Chaotix Recital [defeated enemies pay you Rings], Past Blast [rapid-fire for Fang's cork-gun],Babylonian Rocket [double speed], Psychic Explosion [atuo homing for any formation], Metallic Conquest [double damage]. If you aren't using a preset team, Team Blast has no aftereffect.

To unlock the final boss, collect all 14 Emeralds and beat Team Empire's story.

• 2 years later...

If a Sonic Heroes 2 does come out, these are the teams I want:

#1-4 The same teams as last time with the same characters.

#5 Team Hooligan

Speed: Fang

Fly: Bean

Power: Bark

#6 Team Future

Speed: Marine

Fly: Silver

Blaze: Power

#7 Team Past

Speed: Mighty

Fly: Ray

Power: Heavy and Bomb(functioning as one person)

#8 Team ???

Speed: Sally Acorn

Fly: Manic(I dunno, maybe he uses his drumsticks as propellers?)

Power: Sonia

#9 Team Evil Hedgehog thing

Speed: Scourge

Fly: Metal Sonic

Power: Mephiles

#11 Team Forgotten (This is my favorite, even if it's unlikely)

Speed: Tiara Booboski (from the cancelled sonic x-treme)

Fly: The Rabit with the extendable ears that was supposed to be sonic

Power: Honey the Cat (a cancelled character from fighters)

As for the games main villain? Dr. Eggman, of course. It would be also cool if the character "Nazo" (meaning mystery) from the sonic x trailer would make an appearance in the game, and we could get some information on him.

Okay how about?

Team Speed Demons:

Shadow

Silver

Sonic

Team Defiant:

Knuckles

Tails

Rouge

Team Chaotix

Charmy Bee

Vector

Espio

Team Evil is best:

Dr Eggman

Metal Sonic

A third brand new evil character

Team Evil Rejects:

Silver (Mecha) Sonic

Grounder/Scratch

Coconuts

Team Angels

Big

E102 Gamma

Amy

Edited by MilesKnightwing

I'd like to choose who would go in my team, since the characters should be more unique. If you wanted you could have Metal Sonic, Shadow and Silver in a team!

Aside from raising the beaten dead, I'm honestly surprised this topic lives honestly. It was just a topic mostly, and from the looks of it, it's continuing to be one. Bet you 10 bucks if I keep it open, it'll just devolve to the popular Heroes hatred that's arose more apparent since the two years this topic was born.

Locky McLockerton~