Awoo.

Women has £4800 Boob Job on NHS wants them Reduced for free.

Stacy

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/glamour-model-boob-job-nhs-cosmetic-surgery-wants-reduction-100952763.html

If this was done after a body altering operation for example Cancer then I am fine with or anything life threatening. But having a boob job for purely cosmetic purposes on NHS is not on. If you want larger breasts see a plastic surgeon.

9bfaf61b-8dfb-440d-a4a4-227b87bbe9cb_jos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVzs49Xnw7M

Sorry not my cup of tea. hate the fake tan and they look tacky as hell (the breasts), the skull onesie isn't helping either. I know some people have mental disorders but I can't believe the NHS allowed her to have Double DD's. sleep.png

"FAKE TITS A WOO HOO!". 

It pisses me off a lot when she is allowed a boob job, but someone with Cerebral Palsy is refused to have an operation to help them walk. 

Edited by BW199148
  • Thumbs Up 1

I find it worse that this is actually considered newsworthy.

Exactly.

Probably because you don't have National Healthcare. dry.png

I am sorry I think its absolute bollocks she shouldn't get a free boob job when someone that has Cerebral Palsy is refused a operation that could help them walk.

Edited by BW199148

Defrauding the system isn't endemic to NHS, so the fact that this happened in the UK doesn't inherently make it newsworthy anyway.

Not defending her though, but there's shitty people in the world who will take advantage of the system to potentially someone else's expnse, or at least their own character. It's to be expected. I would be more interested in reading about rule fixes and revisions that would prevent people like this bimbo from being able to do it again.

• Thumbs Up 2

So why do news topics have be about something tragic, "intellectual" or puppies? I am sorry I am just trying to engage people into discussion about shit that pisses a lot of people off.

I am sick seeing shit like this, good people get fucked over by the system like the person with Cerebral Palsy while bints like her get a easy ride.

Beats ranting about how much I dislike the US Government like I do for a change. wink.png

• Thumbs Up 1

*sigh*....okay.......

These articles that have been going for the past coupleof months have all carried headlines like "GLAMOUR MODEL GETS FREE BOOB JOB ON NHS!" or "THE BOOBS YOUR TAX PAID FOR!!" but neglect to mention, or at least mention very briefly, that she wanted them because she was being bullied and felt depressed.

She was born with no breast tissue,which for a woman is a massive fucking deal. Her lack of breasts was causing her stress and was affecting her mental health leading to depression. The treatment was intended to increase her self esteem and help alleviate this stress, she was given it on the NHS because she couldn't pay for it herself.

“I was so desperate to feel womanly – my boobs didn’t even grow when I was pregnant – but I couldn’t afford to pay for it myself as I was only earning a minimum wage in telesales,” she said.

“I was refused a loan and my family couldn’t help. So the NHS was my only hope.”

And now, she's had an operation to combat her depression and she's getting shit yelled at her in the street by the morons who haven't even taken a second to understand her situation.

Don't get me wrong, I think her choice to go on to be a glamour model is a bit dodgy, but it's her choice and nobodies business but her own.

As for, "It pisses me off a lot when she is allowed a boob job, but someone with Cerebral Palsy is refused to have an operation to help them walk."

I'm sorry but this argument holds no weight whatsoever. That operation (unless I'm mistaken) would not be cosmetic surgery and so is dealt with by different teams within the NHS. There wasn't someone with cerebal palsy in the waiting room when she came in, who got kicked out the door so they could give her breast implants.

I could just as easily say "It's ridiculous to give a single person with cerebal palsy an operation to help them walk when the money could feed thousands of starving children" and it wouldn't make sense because the latter has fuck all to do with the former.....

/rant

Edited by Jake Bird
  • Thumbs Up 2

As for, "It pisses me off a lot when she is allowed a boob job, but someone with Cerebral Palsy is refused to have an operation to help them walk."

I'm sorry but this argument holds no weight whatsoever. That operation (unless I'm mistaken) would not be cosmetic surgery and so is dealt with by different teams within the NHS. There wasn't someone with cerebal palsy in the waiting room when she came in, who got kicked out the door so they could give her breast implants.

I could just as easily say "It's ridiculous to give a single person with cerebal palsy an operation to help them walk when the money could feed thousands of starving children" and it wouldn't make sense because the latter has fuck all to do with the former.....

/rant

Sorry but I think that it is unfair of you to defend her right to breast implants with someone who is bound to crutches and a wheel chair for life which also causes them misery as well even if its a different treatment.

The headline is misleading as she isn't a model that is why I changed the title a bit. Even then what if she manipulated the situation so that she could have the operation? You would be surprised how easy it is for some to put on a face and twist the system finding loopholes etc.

Okay lets she was born with a bare chest okay it has caused emotional torment for all of her Adult life. Right fine so why did she go for DD breast size? Even she should know you don't need Double DD's to be a model unless she really wanted to be on page 3 of the Sun.

It screams Attention seeker to me. You know if she hadn't gotten them so big (Doctors should of tried prevented her from having them this large) and shown them off so public this probably wouldn't of made headlines in the first place.  

Sorry but how the fuck is it okay for to have breast implants and not someone who has Cerebral Palsy to be given chance to walk and move properly even if it is a different area of treatment? If you are asking me to see it from her side at least see it from theirs too and how they might feel about this.

I still think this money should be given to someone who essentially needs like a burns victim, disfigurement or a Female Breast Cancer Patient. Compared to some of those people her problem doesn't seem that urgent or major.

What about people who were born with serve physical deformity? There are people born out there with underdeveloped arms, legs and facial disfigurement who barely get by day to day and lack the support they need?

I can see why some people are angry about this.

I am sorry while may be right about this women's condition I am annoyed that your post comes across like you don't seem to a care about people who have bigger needs than hers. That is the impression I got with your post even if totally right about her. sleep.png       

Edited by BW199148
  • Thumbs Up 1

Is nobody else thinking. Why did the NHS give her bewbs that big?

I'm not sure if I agree with people getting plastic surgery in this way, I get it, if she really was depressed, it is a medical way to help. But goodness me, why did the NHS even allow her to have them that large?

• Thumbs Up 3

Is nobody else thinking. Why did the NHS give her bewbs that big?

I'm not sure if I agree with people getting plastic surgery in this way, I get it, if she really was depressed, it is a medical way to help. But goodness me, why did the NHS even allow her to have them that large?

This is it for me, Seriously what where the Doctors thinking when they let her the largest Breast because to me it is just made the problem worse for her than when was flat chested, surely they must of told her that this could have as big a negative impact on her life than before the operation.

I think most women with this problem (especially breast cancer patients) would of been grateful even to be able to have a pair of breasts implanted, regardless of size.  

Like Hogfather there are other treatments available being able to talk to some one about it for start is an important one.

Edited by BW199148

Sorry but I think that it is unfair of you to defend her right to breast implants with someone who is bound to crutches and a wheel chair for life which also causes them misery as well even if its a different treatment.

Because the two have nothing to do with each other. These two operations are totally different and are dealt with by different areas of the NHS. The people who gave her these implants are cosmetic surgeons, i'm not 100% what kind of surgery someone with cerebal palsy requires but it's certainly not cosmetic. Keyhole surgery perhaps? Whatever is is, it's not dealt with by

The headline is misleading as she isn't a model that is why I changed the title a bit. Even then what if she manipulated the situation so that she could have the operation? You would be surprised how easy it is for some to put on a face and twist the system finding loopholes etc.

Okay lets she was born with a bare chest okay it has caused emotional torment for all of her Adult life. Right fine so why did she go for DD breast size? Even she should know you don't need Double DD's to be a model unless she really wanted to be on page 3 of the Sun.

It screams Attention seeker to me. You know if she hadn't gotten them so big (Doctors should of tried prevented her from having them this large) and shown them off so public this probably wouldn't of made headlines in the first place.  

indeed, what if she manipulated the system...but then again....what if.....she...didn't *gasps in shock*.

Seriously, do you have any proof at all that she did? I'm not even sure how she could manipulate the system in this case.....she had no breast tissue. What was twisting here exactly?

I agree with you, DD is too big and I'm not sure why she was allowed them that size. But as for her being an attention seeker...well...isn't that kind of understandable? She had this operation because her confidence had been destroyed after years of being told she wasn't womanly because she had no breasts. Now she has them, isn't it logical that her reaction would be to go overboard and show off how "womanly" she is now?

Sorry but how the fuck is it okay for to have breast implants and not someone who has Cerebral Palsy to be given chance to walk and move properly even if it is a different area of treatment? If you are asking me to see it from her side at least see it from theirs too and how they might feel about this.

I still think this money should be given to someone who essentially needs like a burns victim, disfigurement or a Female Breast Cancer Patient. Compared to some of those people her problem doesn't seem that urgent or major.

What about people who were born with serve physical deformity? There are people born out there with underdeveloped arms, legs and facial disfigurement who barely get by day to day and lack the support they need?

I honestly don't understand how I can make my argument any clearer, the two situations...have fuck all to do with each other.

In regard to the procedures you mentioned there that actually would be dealt by a cosmetic surgeon, again, do you have any proof whatsoever, that she was given this operation instead of someone who needed it more? Do you honestly think that if someone with full burns covering their body would come second to this girl? Nonsense, of course they'd be dealt with first. You're just pulling hypotheticals out of the air and they're absolutly meaningless.

Please allow me to do the same, "What if she was denied this treatment so they could give skin grafts to a burn victim who was a child molester" *shakes fists in rage*

I can see why some people are angry about this.

I am sorry while may be right about this women's condition I am annoyed that your post comes across like you don't seem to a care about people who have bigger needs than hers. That is the impression I got with your post even if totally right about her. sleep.png

Allow me to clarify, I understand your points. I just don't think they're valid. Of course I care about people with these people and would hope they would get the treatment they require.

However, I think you simply saying "well there are people with bigger problems", yes there are...so what? There are people with bigger problems than your hypothetical cerebal palsy patient. I wouldn't then, deny the cerebal palsy patient treatment as a result.....

I've dealt with more than one person, people extremely close to me. Who have dealt with depression and extreme confidence issues and trust me, it's no small issue. By comparing it to these other people you're trivializing it. When these people were going through depression I would have done anything I could to help them. When it's happening to you, it's the biggest thing in the world.

You're suggesting I have no respect for these people with "bigger problems" but I'm not seeing much respect from you for people in this woman's situation.

Because the two have nothing to do with each other. These two operations are totally different and are dealt with by different areas of the NHS. The people who gave her these implants are cosmetic surgeons, i'm not 100% what kind of surgery someone with cerebal palsy requires but it's certainly not cosmetic. Keyhole surgery perhaps? Whatever is is, it's not dealt with by

indeed, what if she manipulated the system...but then again....what if.....she...didn't *gasps in shock*.

Seriously, do you have any proof at all that she did? I'm not even sure how she could manipulate the system in this case.....she had no breast tissue. What was twisting here exactly?

I agree with you, DD is too big and I'm not sure why she was allowed them that size. But as for her being an attention seeker...well...isn't that kind of understandable? She had this operation because her confidence had been destroyed after years of being told she wasn't womanly because she had no breasts. Now she has them, isn't it logical that her reaction would be to go overboard and show off how "womanly" she is now?

I honestly don't understand how I can make my argument any clearer, the two situations...have fuck all to do with each other.

In regard to the procedures you mentioned there that actually would be dealt by a cosmetic surgeon, again, do you have any proof whatsoever, that she was given this operation instead of someone who needed it more? Do you honestly think that if someone with full burns covering their body would come second to this girl? Nonsense, of course they'd be dealt with first. You're just pulling hypotheticals out of the air and they're absolutly meaningless.

Please allow me to do the same, "What if she was denied this treatment so they could give skin grafts to a burn victim who was a child molester" *shakes fists in rage*

Allow me to clarify, I understand your points. I just don't think they're valid. Of course I care about people with these people and would hope they would get the treatment they require.

However, I think you simply saying "well there are people with bigger problems", yes there are...so what? There are people with bigger problems than your hypothetical cerebal palsy patient. I wouldn't then, deny the cerebal palsy patient treatment as a result.....

I've dealt with more than one person, people extremely close to me. Who have dealt with depression and extreme confidence issues and trust me, it's no small issue. By comparing it to these other people you're trivializing it. When these people were going through depression I would have done anything I could to help them. When it's happening to you, it's the biggest thing in the world.

You're suggesting I have no respect for these people with "bigger problems" but I'm not seeing much respect from you for people in this woman's situation.

Sorry I worked and worked with mentally and physical disabled (including myself) I just get frustrated with the government shitting on them well people run rings round the system. 

I have had depression and mental health (still there to) problems believe it on not and I got help myself, so don't you dare fucking say I don't know what it is like. Believe or not I help needed until my lowest fucking ebb which meant the world to me, so yes I can what would mean to this women.

So I dropped the "what if" scenario. 

And look I am willing to believe this women has mental health issues now seeing you and others pointed out. Something I kinda pointed out in my opening post. However it still stands why the hell give her DD's and why didn't the doctors discourage her from taking a Modelling Career? If your rehabilitating an alcoholic you don't give them a job in a brewery if that is what they want? sleep.png

Edited by BW199148

Sorry I worked and worked with mentally and physical disabled (including myself) I just get frustrated with the government shitting on them well people run rings round the system. 

I have had depression and mental health (still there to) problems believe it on not and I got help myself, so don't you dare fucking say I don't know what it is like. Believe or not I help needed until my lowest fucking ebb which meant the world to me, so yes I can what would mean to this women.

So I dropped the "what if" scenario. 

And look I am willing to believe this women has mental health issues now seeing you and others pointed out. Something I kinda pointed out in my opening post. However it still stands why the hell give her DD's and why didn't the doctors discourage her from taking a Modelling Career? If your rehabilitating an alcoholic you don't give them a job in a brewery if that is what they want? sleep.png

I can understand that, and the idea of these people not getting what they need annoys me too, but picking out examples like this doesn't help, that's why I got so riled up. I apologise if I maybe went too far.

Like I said, I agree with you about getting double D's but I assume there must have been a reason. I doubt the NHS would just give her that size because she asked for them...would they? Honestly, 36DD might have been her natural breast size had she not been born without breast tissue *shrugs*

As for telling her not to pursue a career as a glamour model. It's not really their business, she's free to pursue whatever career she wants. It's not quite the same as your alcoholic scenario, she wasn't an addict. I just don't see it as any business of the NHS to suggest something like that unless it could cause health problems. Had spinal surgery? Don't do a job that requires heavy lifting. That sort of thing.

I can understand that, and the idea of these people not getting what they need annoys me too, but picking out examples like this doesn't help, that's why I got so riled up. I apologise if I maybe went too far.

Like I said, I agree with you about getting double D's but I assume there must have been a reason. I doubt the NHS would just give her that size because she asked for them...would they? Honestly, 36DD might have been her natural breast size had she not been born without breast tissue *shrugs*

As for telling her not to pursue a career as a glamour model. It's not really their business, she's free to pursue whatever career she wants. It's not quite the same as your alcoholic scenario, she wasn't an addict. I just don't see it as any business of the NHS to suggest something like that unless it could cause health problems. Had spinal surgery? Don't do a job that requires heavy lifting. That sort of thing.

I still think it is a unwise career choice if you have a mental disorder about your appearance because you have to be thick skinned in that business even then it still tough. The Alcoholic Scenario wasn't a good example sorry but if she Mental Health problems about her appearance it might be the wrong line of work.

Still bloody stupid that they let have DD breasts though. My concern is no matter how much surgery they give her I get the feeling she would never be satisfied. Next she might want work on her face next. The women needs help but I think if she keeps having operations it is a wrong and self destructive way of dealing with it.  

Edited by BW199148

I still think it is a unwise career choice if you have a mental disorder about your appearance because you have to be thick skinned in that business even then it still tough. The Alcoholic Scenario wasn't a good example sorry but if she Mental Health problems about her appearance it might be the wrong line of work.

Still bloody stupid that they let have DD breasts though. My concern is no matter how much surgery they give her I get the feeling she would never be satisfied. Next she might want work on her face next. The women needs help but I think if she keeps having operations it is a wrong and self destructive way of dealing with it.  

I agree, it's definitly the wrong line of work for her. I get why she'd want to do it, and show off her new body but it's definitely gonna cause problems down the line. I'm just not sure what anyone can do about it. The responsibility of suggesting it's a bad idea lies with her family I guess.

That's a problem too I suppose but it doesn't seem to be a problem so far. She's had large breasts put in and now wants them smaller. If she was going to be the sort of person to go on to want more and more I'd have expected her to have wanted them enlarged, you never know though.....

I expect she'll have been offered therapy on the NHS too. That's more likely to help than any further operations.

I expect she'll have been offered therapy on the NHS too. That's more likely to help than any further operations.

Exactly, I think more than anything she needs some one to talk to and someone to tell that she is okay, it doesn't sound like much but people would be surprised how effective it can be. 

Exactly, I think more than anything she needs some one to talk to and someone to tell that she is okay, it doesn't sound like much but people would be surprised how effective it can be. 

Couldn't agree more though I've seen first hand, cases where therapy isn't the answer. Some people simply don't respond to it.

Don't get me wrong, i think it's definitely the right thing to suggest in this scenario but it's a tricky issue.

Couldn't agree more though I've seen first hand, cases where therapy isn't the answer. Some people simply don't respond to it.

Don't get me wrong, i think it's definitely the right thing to suggest in this scenario but it's a tricky issue.

I think it is a much better solution than keep giving surgery. I wish I could just click my fingers and she would better. I don't know we shouldn't stop helping people but there is only so much we can do. I don't know what else I can suggest it is tricky.

The GOP and those who are anti-UHC are gonna lick this up.

Personally I find it ridiculous this sort of operation would be allowed under a single payer system. I always interpreted single payer as being a way to demonstrate no one should be left to die on the table, nor be saddled with debt because of it. While also helping with general qualify of life-related expenses. Breast expansion is something that should clearly not fall under that in most circumstances.

So she had some serious mental and emotional problems due to lack of tissue. Doesn't justify the sheer size involved.

...though I'm also wondering why she didn't have any say on their size pre-operation? That seems a little bizarre to me.

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

Just a little anecdote here: I know someone who had breast reduction done on the NHS because their breast tissue mass was so great it was causing them back pain. Breast replacement surgery is also often done after a mastectomy. This is why breast surgery is done on the NHS, and hopefully it will remain a service for all who need it.

This story, however.... I'd need to read more about it before making my own opinions on it, but from the comments posted here it sounds like her original case was absolutely fair.

Edited by MamboCat

For those complaining about the size, looks like a DD is actually the UK average

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/average-bra-size-has-swelled-by-three-1370021

Well, I guess that makes this fine and dandy in my book.

It really is best to avoid the slippery slope of "more important operations." Giving the conservatives over here ammo with their death panel insanity aside.

Ahem. As someone with fairly...endowed chest, I'm going to ask this:

Why the hell did she get them so big in the first place?

Okay. Granted she apparently had issues from her initial lack of breast tissue. I can understand the insecurity/potential emotional issues coming from being that self conscious about your body. But what I don't understand is why she'd want them so close to my size.

Big boobs blah blah blah. Any boob size has its own pros and cons, and big boobs have a bunch of them aside from the pro of being more to oggle/jiggle, etc. For one, clothes shopping can be a pain in the ass when nearly everything is spilling out of the top, and not in a good way. Like right now, I'm mandated to polo shirts because tank tops and camis would be revealing more than I want them to, if you catch my drift.

Especially if you're trying to find a compromise between looking "cute" and looking business casual.

Anyway, I don't think that NHS should have to reduce them for free. Maybe charge her a percentage of the total procedure costs. From what I understand, those implants were the size that she wanted, so she got what she wanted. If anything, she should have done more extensive research into different implant sizes before the initial procedure.