Awoo.

The Movie Thread

AdventChild

This is a bit out of nowhere, but I just want to say that everyone here should watch the movie Godzilla: Final Wars. It is the most ridiculously awesome piece of Japanese live action I have ever seen.

Hopefully the reboot of Godzilla will be even more awesome.

^ Yep, it looks like the writers/producers ditched the serious tone seen in the teaser trailer for a more comedic tone seen in the official trailer.

^ Yep, it looks like the writers/producers ditched the serious tone seen in the teaser trailer for a more comedic tone seen in the official trailer.

It was always going to be a comedy, it was only implied as serious in the first teaser, but they hadn't actually started shooting at all at that point.

• Thumbs Up 1

OH GOD MY PENIS

The Avengers Super Bowl advent.

Wierd, shouldn't there be a Disney logo or something, since Walt DisneyPictures got the rights to worldwide distribution of the film by Paramount.

Eh, whatever. AVENGERS FTW

Is that Sarah Palin on the election poster?

It's a piss take of her, because apparently she's still news. Well, she might yet run for Prez so maybe it'll prove more topical in the future.

Everything looks all right apart from the utterly awful-looking Lizard.

Really not feeling Amazing Spider-Man. Ever since the movie was announced, and even since watching the trailer, all I think is WHY:

WHY did they give the film such a small budget? WHY cast a 28 year old to play a highschooler? WHY reboot? WHY not do what the James Bond series does and pick up after Spider-Man 3, but with a new cast and story (all the elements that are in this film could have picked up after Spider-Man 3: Peter's parents were untouched and unexplained, the Lizard was set up for three films, Gwen Stacey's father was introduced). WHY shift all the characters roles around? WHY tell the origin all over again, with elements intentionally moved around just to be different from the first film? WHY such a poor costume compared to the costume in the previous films? WHY so many night scenes (oh yeah, to cover for the poor effects)? Why so much maskless Spider-Man scenes? WHY make Curt Connors the villain (the trailer makes it look like he's an asshole both as the lizard and as a human)?

So many "WHY"s. I'll be skipping this in the theaters, but I'll rent the blu-ray. There are better comic book movies this year anyway (Dark Knight Rises, Avengers).

edit: oh yeah, the answer to all my questions is "money". :P

Edited by Barry the Nomad

This is officially the first thing that outright has me eager about The Amazing Spiderman. I've been pretty meh on everthing else shown.

• Thumbs Up 1

Have watched the Amazing Spider-Man film, and am intrigued by it quite a bit. Rebooting and going the Ultimate Spider-Man route seems a little odd, but I'll stick with it for the time being.

Also quite like the suit as well, oddly, synthetic web shooters and everything. Let's face it, this film can't be as bad as Spider-Man 3, can it?....Can it? :(

At least this guy has one thing over Tobey Maguire.

Maguire's idea of a wisecrack "It's you who's out Gobey, Out of your mind!"

This guys wisecrack " Yeah, a guy in red and blue tights is a cop."

He has Spidey;s wisecracks which is good, but I feel he'll be a better Spider-man than Maguire but will be a worse Peter Parker than him.

Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god it looks so good.

Please don't disappoint me!

Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god it looks so good.

Please don't disappoint me!

Must resist Nazi/Sc-Fi reference jokes....wacko.png

May the Fuhrer be with you! tongue.png

Currently watching Final Fantasy XII-2 on youtube. The animation is (mostly) top notch, and the soundtrack is surpringly great. However, the acting could stand to be better, and neither protagonist feels much like an actual character right now, instead just filling out predetermined roles with no real personalities.

Another problem is that there are all these boring parts where the characters just keep fighting the same enemies over and over again. There's a weird menu in these scenes, and all it ever shows is something called "auto-attack". Not sure if its supposed to be symbolic for something or not, but its annoying.

Edited by Legendary Emerald