Thanks to everyone who tuned in to TSS’ Birthday special on The Sonic Hour. We ended up with a great show with some good atmosphere in the chatroom. You didn’t have to tune in to SSR to know who won, though; I have the list right here. Congratulations to the following peeps, in no particular order:
- SKrown – Sonic Rivals 2 on PSP
- Reyn LeBeau – Mario and Sonic Super Pack (courtesy of SEGA)
- Chelsea Noke – Sonic Car Sticker
- John Elliot – Signed Archie #195
- Tony Mattingly – Homemade CD Clock
- Alex Smith – UniQlo Sonic Adventure ‘Hands’ T-Shirt
- Ellie Finch – Sonic Jam (Japanese Version) for Sega Saturn
- Angel C – Sonic & Knuckles Collection on PC
- Ryan Nurse – Sonic Archives Vol. 1
- Amelia Hansson – Sonic X Book
- Jag Singh – Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog VHS
- Yannick Daly – SONIC PANTSU
Unlucky to those who didn’t win anything, but that’s the luck of the draw! And double-unlucky to poor Yannick, who won our fabulous booby prize of a boy’s (4-5 years) size of white pants featuring a picture of Sonic on the front. Hopefully you won’t be too disturbed by the arrival of the prize.
The rowdy crowd in the chatroom were so nutty that they ordered us to give away the bags in which we contained the prize and entrant names in. These bags were nothing special – a plastic Forbidden Planet bag and a clear T-Shirt shrink wrap. Anders Muskens won the former and Zacharie Palmer won the latter, FYI – but only if you guys really want it. You know, honestly, what could you do with a piece of plastic rubbish?
The Sonic Hour Episode 506: “Super Sonic Underpants” will be added to the podcast in little over 10/20 minutes. Nominees for the Sonic Site Awards 2009 will appear later tonight, along with the opening of entry polls for you to begin your voting!
One of our contests, as mentioned a few days ago, will be the random lucky dip that we’ll be featuring on SEGASonic Radio tomorrow night. Please do not email us with your details – I won’t be able to find time to put your names in the special ‘hat’ we have here. Good luck to all our entrants; winners (and the prize they will get) will be randomly plucked out of a hat so the handing of goodies is completely fair. There will be only one prize per winner. Here’s a shortlist of what you can win;
- A Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games ‘Super Pack’, courtesy of SEGA Europe
- UniQlo Sonic Adventure ‘Hands’ T-Shirt, Blue
- Archie Sonic the Hedgehog #195, signed by Matt Herms
- Sonic Rivals 2 on PSP
- Sonic & Knuckles Collection on PC
- Japanese copy of Sonic Jam on Sega Saturn
- Sonic the Hedgehog Archives, Vol. 1
- Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog VHS
- Classic Sonic Car Sticker
- A Sonic X Children’s Book
- A Crappy Homemade CD Wall Clock
- White, Homemade Sonic Heroes ‘branded’ underpants, Ages 4-5
Basically, you want the good prizes and not the crappy ones. 😉 Listen to SEGASonic Radio’s The Sonic Hour at 7pm GMT tomorrow night (click the green button at the top of the page there) and then join in the IRC Chatroom (click the ‘Chat’ link at the top of the page) and chat about the show’s happenings with friends live. Remember that in the UK (where the show will be broadcast), the clocks go back one hour so for many places around the world please take that into consideration. If you’re ever confused as to what time it is for us, click here and look under the “London” section. See you then!
To celebrate our 9th birthday that’s coming up soon, we have a few prizes in store for you. At the moment, you can enter for our awesome Mario & Sonic Pre-order T-Shirt Competition, and today I’m announcing the TSS Birthday Sweepstakes. Basically, I’ve been trawling the Internets to find the most exquisite things to give away. I’ve not got a complete list of stuff to hand out yet, but the list includes
- UniQlo Sonic Adventure ‘hands’ T-Shirt (Blue, very rare)
- Matt Herms’ signed Archie Sonic the Hedgehog #195
- Sonic the Hedgehog Car Sticker (rare 1990s, classic style)
- Sonic X Book
- Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog VHS
- Sonic games (random, new and old)
And many more besides, including a prize from SEGA too. Ooooh. So, because it’s a veritable mish-mash of stuff, we’re going to give away one prize to one winner! Making many winners instead of just one! How can you have a chance to get your hands on one of these fabulous prizes?
Simply email your name, email address and mailing address to [contest now closed to new entries]. That’s it, but you MUST include those three details. Then, on Sunday, 6pm GMT listen in to The Sonic Hour, where myself and Roareye Black put all your names into a hat and pick out a winner for each prize. Click here to listen to SegaSonic Radio while TSH is on, and click here to sit in the IRC Chatroom while we’re on air and have some fun.
By the way; we have a few small/bunk prizes to give away too – just to make it more fun! Including this very nice pair of Sonic Heroes ‘branded’ pants, for ages 4-5. Will you win the awesome UniQlo T-Shirt? Will you win the SEGA prize? Or will you win a pair of grey homemade kid’s pants? The suspense! The fun!
Update: The contest is open to anyone (anywhere in the world, but it’ll help if you live near me! ;)) and it’s not required to listen to The Sonic Hour, we will email you after the show to let you know you’ve won something regardless. It’s just fun to hear the results played out live, is all.