Japanese gaming website Andriasang has shared details of how Sonic Generations for Nintendo 3DS will use the handheld’s StreetPass feature and we’ve listed the main points for you here.
– Players will be able to swap profile cards and missions via StreetPass.
– The game contains 100 extra missions which can be unlocked via StreetPass.
– “When you do a StreetPass exchange with another player, he or she will appear in your StreetPass log. Then you need to select the player’s name and you’ll receive a mission that the the player cleared.”
– “There’s a mission called Revenge which has you where taking out a certain number of enemies while Special Trial sees gopher-like enemies turning up in Act 1 of Mushroom Hill Zone.”
– If you’re not able to get enough StreetPass hits, there is also the option to unlock missions with game coins.
– You can list your Sonic fan credentials on your profile card and other details, like who your favourite Sonic character is.
– Your profile card will also record how long you’ve been playing Sonic Generations.
– Your profile card will update automatically when you perform an exchange.
Some screenshots of this feature have also been released by SEGA Japan and you can view them below.
Thanks to CyberGW, Lip and interface for the heads up!