UK online retailer Zavvi is listing Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed available for pre-order, and accompanying the listings is a very long and detailed product description containing new information about the game.
Here’s a brief list of the new details:
* Tracks feature multiple routes, including shortcuts.
* 27 characters, not including the 3 guest characters.
* As well as ordinary power-ups, racers can find ‘Super power-ups’ hidden in the tracks.
* Story mode features 16 tracks, where you unlock other characters.
* Racing earns points for your chosen racer’s rank through a five rank leveling system.
* As you rank up, you unlock achievements, perk style vehicle modifications and more.
* Online multiplayer supports eight players. Grand Prix and battle modes are now playable online.
UPDATE 08/03/12 23:59 GMT: Well, that didn’t take long. The product pages on eStarland have now been wiped clean and all versions of the game no longer show up in searches.
Listings for the Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing sequel we first brought you word about in January have appeared at US retailer eStarland.com. The site lists Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing 2 for the PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii platforms and says the game will be released November 30th 2012, which is likely a placeholder date, because games usually release in the US on a Tuesday, not a Friday. There are no signs of Wii U, 3DS and PS Vita versions, but at this early stage anything could change.
A placeholder box art is also on display on the site featuring the first game’s logo with a number 2 underneath it. The product description simply reads “Sonic and friends go back to the track in the sequel to their 2010 kart racing outing.”
Could these listings mean an official announcement is soon on the way? We’ll keep you posted.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!