The tie-ins won’t stop! Japanese mobile RPG game Idola: Phantasy Star Saga is running a special promotion where you can grab a “Special Soul Symbol” based on the recently released racing spin-off title Team Sonic Racing.
While it doesn’t have as large of a user base as the original Sonic Dash, Sonic Forces Speed Battle is still being regularly updated with bug fixes and special events, and this time we’re looking at a Baseball-themed Rival League! Continue reading Sonic Forces Speed Battle Updates with a new Rival League Event
New playable characters (and other resources) for Sonic Runners have been revealed within the game’s data, thanks to some our our more tech savvy members on our board, the SSMB.
Back when the game was initially announced, several characters were revealed for the game. Aside from the main trio we were also shown renders of Amy, Shadow, Rouge, Vector, Espio and Charmy. However, the list of playable characters evidently expands much further than that!
Within the game’s files, models for characters unseen in trailers were shown – including Blaze, Silver, Omega, Metal Sonic… and what could be the most important reveal, Big the Cat!
Currently, the only available characters within the game are Sonic, Tails and Knuckles, with Amy also available – if of course, you manage to invite ten Facebook friends and get them to download the title. The rest of the cast seemingly has no unlock criteria yet, and will likely come in future updates.
This isn’t the end of what’s been found in the game’s files however. There’s also images of characters from Secret Rings, Black Knight, Lost World and Adventure (Froggy!). It seems that Runners isn’t holding back on celebrating the many different games the hedgehog starred in and the characters that appeared there.
And finally, more gems have shown themselves, showing alternative version of existing characters, though we’re not exactly sure how they came to be… it seems that Espio has got himself a metal coating, and somebody made Shadow and Omega pretty angry.
A very creepy Metal Eggman has also been found.
This story is continuing to develop as more resources are unearthed, so keep an eye on our Twitter for updates! Credit to finding these goes to Woun and Mefiresu over on the SSMB forums.
Freemium. A word almost associated with fear to many nowadays. You hear the horror stories everywhere – a kid downloads a little free app, next thing you know their parent’s bank accounts are emptied and they have 500 coins of in-game currency to spend. It’s becoming so bad that Apple themselves need to offer consumers the ability to block these purchases from happening, and even market against them. It’s an undeniably profitable market, one which Sonic has dabbled in before. Continue reading Initial Impressions: Sonic Runners (iOS/Android)
A user at NeoGAF named HUELEN10 (thanks!) uploaded a 4 minute video showing a first look at a level and mid-level fights with Eggman being played on an iPad Mini 3.
How you find the game to look so far?
Update: It’s also seemingly out now on iOS.
Well isn’t this a surprise. Sonic Runners is actually out now on Google Play in NA (actually was dated for yesterday on February 25th, 2015). However, some phones don’t seem to be supported (my Samsung Galaxy Ace II x GT-S7560M seems incompatible). And some who have got it to download have gotten this error message of maintenance:
The Google Play page has this info:
Play Sonic, the world’s fastest hedgehog, in the all-new side-scrolling endless runner. With all-new mobile friendly controls, just tap the screen to run, jump, and spin your way across lightening fast Sonic world.FEATURESTRUE SIDE-SCROLLING SONIC ACTION
– Run and spin at lightening speeds with mobile friendly controls
– Designed by TEAM SONIC, the original Sonic development team
– Super fast and challenging levels with loop-de-loops, retro design, hidden rings, and classic enemies
– Unleash Color Powers: LASER POWER for hi-speed movements, ASTERIOD POWER for destroying obstacles, and DRILLS Power for burrowing undergroundPLAY AS SONIC AND HIS FRIENDS
– Unlock Tails and Knuckles as player characters
– Master their Speed, Aerial, and Power attributes
– Evolve your character’s powers with collected ringsRUN WITH COMPANIONS
– Run with the power of Companions
– Complete stages and enhance your character’s abilities
– Select the best Companion for the job depending on your character and the levelCOMPETE IN ALL-NEW RANKING BATTLES
– Reign in four ranking categories: Rival League, Friend, World, and Historical
– Fight against your friends and the world for the “Sonic Record”
– Compete with up to 50 players in a white-heat competition in the Rival League
– Win the top of the “”S league”” to claim the supreme honor!
COMPETE AGAINST FRIENDS
– Log into Facebook to activate the Friend Invitation and Friend Ranking features
[Facebook account] will keep you updated on the app! Some info may only be available on Facebook!!
Free *IAPs available
Android OS2.3 or later *excluding certain devices
We want Sonic Runners to be played by as many people as people,
so we’re planning on increasing the amount of supported devices.
We apologize if you cannot download Sonic Runners on your current device.
Please wait for further announcements.
We’ll update you guys as more info comes!
Sonic Runners’ music has Unleashed its inner Colors.
Ahem. Tomoya Ohtani, who most know as the main composer of Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Colors, confirmed on twitter that he will be composing for the game. Now does that mean he is again the main composer remains to be seen.
Thanks to TimmiT at NeoGAF for the heads up!