IDW have revealed their solicitations for August, and there’s a new face to be seen…although they may be difficult to hear.
Solicitations for Sonic the Hedgehog #8 and the first comic boxset have been released. Whether you want to look to the future or to the past, the upcoming months have you covered.
Sonic the Hedgehog #8 is keeping rather hush with its story. This time, Sonic the Hedgehog ends up in the company of the time travelling Silver the Hedgehog, But there’s whisper in the wind about a new hero on the horizon, the one whose spoken as a guardian angel, a person known as…well, Whisper! Find out how she fares when Sonic and his usual adventurous flair come running to her doorstep!
Sonic the Hedgehog #8—Cover A: Gigi Dutreix—SPOTLIGHT
- Ian Flynn (w) • Evan Stanley (a & c)
- Hush! You hear that? It sounds like Sonic’s racing off to another adventure and he’s not alone! But who is this “Guardian Angel” and why does everybody talk about her in a Whisper?
- FC • 32 pages • $3.99
Sonic the Hedgehog #8—Cover B: Evan Stanley —SPOTLIGHT
- Ian Flynn (w) • Evan Stanley (a) Gigi Dutreix(c)
- FC • 32 pages • $3.99
- Introducing a brand-new character, Whisper!
- Also featuring Silver the Hedgehog!
- Variant cover by Nathalie Fourdraine!
The boxset for the first four issues that has been covered previous also feature in this month’s batch of solicitations, due to be released in September! If you need to catch up with Sonic’s first adventures in the new continuity, you can do so while meeting up with faces both old and new! There’s danger and mystery abound in “Fallout”.
Sonic the Hedgehog, Vol. 1: Fallout—SPOTLIGHT
- Ian Flynn (w) • Tracy Yardley, Adam Bryce Thomas, Jen Hernandez, Evan Stanley (a) • Tyson Hesse (c)
- The evil genius Dr. Eggman has been foiled—but the work of Sonic the Hedgehog isn’t over yet! In the aftermath of the latest epic battle, rogue robots continue to attack small villages around the world. In order to succeed, Sonic will need the help of his friends Tails, Knuckles, and Amy, along with some new and surprising allies. This new collection from acclaimed writer Ian Flynn features the blue blur like you’ve never seen him before. Gotta go fast!
- TPB • FC • $15.99 • 96 pages • ISBN: 978-1-68405-327-8
- Advance solicited for September release!
- Join the Blue Blur for brand-new adventures as he and his friends race around the world to defeat the evil Dr. Eggman’s robotic forces!
We will have more information on these issues and ones previously revealed closer to the time of their release. In the meantime, pay attention to your calendar so time doesn’t fly by you! And you might want to look out for a clue to the next issue’s release in the upcoming days…
Source: Comic Book Resources