Jump to content
Awoo.
  • New Playable 'Shadow Generations' Character Teased on Official Website

    Who's rolling with the Ultimate?

    A second character for Sonic X Shadow Generations' Shadow campaign has been teased on the game's official Japanese website today, in an update that showcases the two sides of the semi-remaster.

    Visiting the new 'Character' section of the site offers profiles for both versions of Sonic the Hedgehog (Classic and Modern), with an additional profile for Shadow the Hedgehog sitting on its own themed page. Next to Shadow's image is a 'Coming Soon' graphic that is currently inaccessible.

    2024-sxsg-shad1.jpg

    Here's the Shadow side of the page...

    2024-sxsg-sonic1.jpg

    ... and the Sonic side of the page.

    The Sonic Generations portion of the upcoming game is a re-release of the 2011 classic platformer starring both Modern and Classic Sonic, so naturally both characters would be listed here as playable. Interestingly, there's no mention of secondary/story characters on this page, such as Tails, Knuckles, Dr. Eggman/Eggmen or the Time Eater.

    'Shadow Generations' is a brand new campaign that runs alongside Sonic Generations, and features Shadow the Hedgehog blasting through 3D stages and using special Chaos Control and Doom Powers. In our recent exclusive interview with Takashi Iizuka, we learned that Shadow's solo(?) adventure will include 2D 'Act' stages, similar to the breakdown found in Sonic Generations. Perhaps these stages is where this suggested new character comes in...

    Who do you think it is? Classic Shadow? Silver the Hedgehog? Rouge the Bat? Classic Sonic in his Shadow costume from Sonic Superstars? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

    Sonic News Tips Credit:
    Shiny Gems

    The Sonic Stadium may link to retailers and earn a small commission on purchases made from users who click those links. These links will only appear in articles related to the product, in an unobtrusive manner, and do not influence our editorial decisions in any way. All proceeds will go to supporting our community and continued coverage of Sonic the Hedgehog. Thank you in advance for your kind support!
    • Thumbs Up 6
    • Nice Smile 1
    • Way Past Cool 1

    Sonic Wiki Database: Related Entries


    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments



    My best guess is Silver, since he's the third of the Big Three hedgehogs (sorry Amy). But maybe a Shadow android? (I'm not gonna hold my breath for Eclipse because that ship has sailed...)

    • Thumbs Up 4
    • Fist Bump 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Shiny Gems

    Posted (edited)

    1 minute ago, Lorekitten said:

    My best guess is Silver, since he's the third of the Big Three hedgehogs (sorry Amy). But maybe a Shadow android? (I'm not gonna hold my breath for Eclipse because that ship has sailed...)

    Funny. I was going to joke about Eclipse, or a Classic Shadow being that character. Lol

    Edited by Shiny Gems
    • Thumbs Up 2
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    2 minutes ago, ZinogreVolt said:

    Please please please break the Pandora's Box that is Classic Shadow. I don't care if it doesn't make sense or not, I want to see the chaos it brings.

    Some people just want to watch the world burn.

    And I love it.

    • Thumbs Up 1
    • Chuckle 2
    • Fist Bump 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    AlexHidanBR

    Posted (edited)

    Obviously Maria Robotnik I mean she was playable in Shadow TH (with a second controller)
     

    6 minutes ago, ZinogreVolt said:

    Please please please break the Pandora's Box that is Classic Shadow. I don't care if it doesn't make sense or not, I want to see the chaos it brings.

    Nuh uh. Classic Sonic wearing a Shadow costume just like in Superstars

    Edited by AlexHidanBR
    • Chuckle 2
    • Way Past Cool 2
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    1 minute ago, Lorekitten said:

    Some people just want to watch the world burn.

    And I love it.

    Yeah, I would, too. Seeing that would be funny for me to watch. I just love that kind of stuff.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Finally, classic Shadow.

    but to be realistic, my guess is rouge. Rouge is like the Tails to Shadow’s Sonic, and she had a little bit to do with Shadow, being introduced in the same game, and ever since then, they’ve been pretty close. other than Eggman, Rouge knows his history more than anyone else, but how will that convey Game-Wise?

    • Way Past Cool 2
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Watch it be E-123 Omega…

    …What? He did not appear in the original Sonic Generations outside that trophy thing. Why not now? *Insert troll face here*

    • Thumbs Up 5
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    That's curious.  Perhaps the site is giving a slot for, say a new "Doom form" Shadow?  I can't really imagine them adding anyone other than Sonic and Shadow as playable.

    • Thumbs Up 2
    • Nice Smile 1
    • Fist Bump 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    9 minutes ago, Shiny Gems said:

    Watch it be E-123 Omega…

    …What? He did not appear in the original Sonic Generations outside that trophy thing. Why not now? *Insert troll face here*

    Watch it be someone so irrelevant and obscure, or someone literally none asked for.

    • Chuckle 2
    • Way Past Cool 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    3 minutes ago, Salamander said:

    That's curious.  Perhaps the site is giving a slot for, say a new "Doom form" Shadow?  I can't really imagine them adding anyone other than Sonic and Shadow as playable.

    That's entirely possible, and perhaps the most likely option we've yet considered.

    • Thumbs Up 2
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Or maybe the character is Terios himself, making the skin redundant. LOL

    Yeah, I am just joking here.

    • Thumbs Up 1
    • Nice Smile 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    6 minutes ago, Shiny Gems said:

    Or maybe the character is Terios himself, making the skin redundant. LOL

    Yeah, I am just joking here.

    What would be interesting is if they brought back a villain, like Methalis, or Robotnik. Heck, maybe it’s SURGE?

    • Thumbs Up 1
    • Nice Smile 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    3 minutes ago, Cyb3rkn1ght said:

    Heck, maybe it’s SURGE?

    I doubt it'd happen, given that this would be her first appearance in a non-mobile title and that would be too big a deal to just randomly drop into Shadow's Fury, but it'd be awesome if it did.

    • Way Past Cool 2
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    3 minutes ago, Cyb3rkn1ght said:

    What would be interesting is if they brought back a villain, like Methalis, or Robotnik. Heck, maybe it’s SURGE?

    Mephiles? I don’t think many are crazy about him at all, but I would be down for that!

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Everyone saying Eclipse and I have no idea wth that is lol. Who is Eclipse?

    • Chuckle 1
    • Fist Bump 1
    • Way Past Cool 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Shiny Gems

    Posted (edited)

    2 minutes ago, PIZZA ALERT said:

    Everyone saying Eclipse and I have no idea wth that is lol. Who is Eclipse?

    That was a Black Arms character in post reboot Sonic Archie Comics.

    Edited by Shiny Gems
    • Nice Smile 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    2 minutes ago, castell-neath said:

    Sod it...I'll go there....Eggman!

    Heyy… I said that! :wheeze:

    • Absolutely 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I'm going to assume it's like Black Doom or something and it's not that he's playable but that he's simply part of the story. Cool as it would be to have another playable character I can't think of anyone besides maybe Mephiles or Infinite that would make sense. There's no way it's Infinite since the game is working on pre-Generations content. Could be Mephiles, he's popular and is associated with Shadow, but would he be playable? Well, introducing a canon version of Eclipse makes too much sense, but he's off the table because Sega wants to pretend Archie never happened. So yeah, Mephiles or bust I think. I want Classic Shadow, but given Superstars I think it's clear Sonic Team doesn't want it to happen.

    • Promotion 1
    • Confused 1
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    1 hour ago, Cyb3rkn1ght said:

    Finally, classic Shadow.

    but to be realistic, my guess is rouge. Rouge is like the Tails to Shadow’s Sonic, and she had a little bit to do with Shadow, being introduced in the same game, and ever since then, they’ve been pretty close. other than Eggman, Rouge knows his history more than anyone else, but how will that convey Game-Wise?

    Just me with the rouge thing? Yes? Okay, mephiles it is then 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites




    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.