Community Interview: Fan Artist WB

WB is one of the best fan artists in the Sonic Internet Community today, and has a long history contributing artwork too. These days, WB even has a hand in Archie’s official Sonic the Hedgehog comic series – living the dream! Buckle up though, this is probably one of the craziest interviews we’ve done yet. Continue reading Community Interview: Fan Artist WB

Community Interview: Archie Reviewer Dan Drazen

Dan Drazen is a seasoned figure in the Sonic community, having reviewed the Archie Sonic comic since Issue #29 and forming experienced opinions on the series and its future. He’s basically the Roger Ebert of Sonic comic reviews among the internet community, and having met Ken Penders he’s also well connected to the roots of the Archie team. Read on for our exclusive chat with him. Continue reading Community Interview: Archie Reviewer Dan Drazen

Ask Dr. Dre(ad): October 2001 Mailbag

Hello all and welcome to my little shack of questions, the virtual building of troubled queries, the big sea of… erm… damn, need another word for questions. Forgotten. Never mind. Anyway, I had to take a little leave for a while, as blatantly Dreadknux is promising big things for my clinic, but he hasn’t even done a bit, so I left for a while, and NOW it’s all done. Just bides his time. Continue reading Ask Dr. Dre(ad): October 2001 Mailbag

Community Interview: MIDI Composer John Weeks

Time for another Community Interview, this time from amazing fan MIDI composer John Weeks! John is famous in the Sonic community for his sequencing of various tracks in the Sonic, NiGHTS and ChuChu Rocket games. We speak to him about his hobbies, what made him start making music and his thoughts on the NiGHTS Gamecube rumours. Continue reading Community Interview: MIDI Composer John Weeks

Dreadknux’s Diaries: The New Look (Again) – Only the Fans Choose…

Many a good thing has happened this month – first off, Sega Sonic Radio has officially become a member of the ‘Zone Rado Network, from Emulation Zone no less. Everyone seems to be enjoying voting for their fave Sonic site in the Sonic Site Awards, and as Christmas approaches, so does the final verdict, and the special awards ceremony. Continue reading Dreadknux’s Diaries: The New Look (Again) – Only the Fans Choose…

Community Interview: ‘Sotsu’ Fan Fiction Writer Nicholas D. Wolfwood

Welcome to a new series of features on The Sonic Stadium called Community Interviews. Here, we pick some of the most active and talented people in the Sonic internet community and chat with them about what they do and their interest in the blue blur. First up is Nicholas D. Wolfwood, who is the creator of the long-running fan fiction series, Sotsu. It’s also the name of Dreadknux’s favourite character in Trigun.
Continue reading Community Interview: ‘Sotsu’ Fan Fiction Writer Nicholas D. Wolfwood

TSS UPDATE: Shadow of a Hedgehog Stadium?

Added Ace Fox to the Sonic Hoaxers Club, and updated Welsh Sonic’s Page. Myself and Neon Chaos, the webmaster of none other than Shadow of a Hedgehog are in talks of a SOAH and Sonic Stadium hybrid site, expect a trial week of the hybrid site to begin in the New Year, as a celebration.

TSS UPDATE: Fan Club and Radio Updates

Sonic Fan Club NewsDesk has news of online comics and a fan game, The Games section has had a complete overhaul, The Mega Drive Sonic Games pages have been changed at the moment, go see them, they look awesome!

Cyber Sonic and Welsh Sonic has been added to the Sonic Hoaxers Club, and more links added to the Sonic Directory. Also, Sega Sonic Radio is now a member of The ‘Zone Radio Network!

SFC News: Moogle Cavern Text Adventure to take Different Approach

EXCLUSIVE: After announcing a text adventure of the Moogle Caverns’ top online story – The Battle Of Cowkey – Dreadknux has canned the project entirely. BUT, don’t worry, the text adventure idea has instead been replaced with an online comic. Continue reading SFC News: Moogle Cavern Text Adventure to take Different Approach

TSS UPDATE: Sonic Site Awards, Sega Sonic Radio and Sonic Fan Club Goodness!

Gah! No sooner had I announced the opening of The Sonic Site Awards: PHASE II, than I get attacked by literally hundreds of emails! Still, nice to see you all taking an interest at least. To say the SSA is fast becoming a success is a bit of an understatement. Continue reading TSS UPDATE: Sonic Site Awards, Sega Sonic Radio and Sonic Fan Club Goodness!

Ask Dr. Dre(ad): September 2001 Mailbag

Yes, welcome again to my surgery. I am of course, the infamous Doctor Dre(ad), and no, I am not a rap star!!! *Gasp* Sorry, it’s time for my sanity pills. Now, let the doctor check up on your Sonic problem. Remember, this can be ANY Sonic question at all, it can be from the cartoons, the comics, the games (although the games are the most popular around here) or even about Sonic and his pal’s background or whatever. WHATEVER you want to ask about Sonic, I am here for you. Continue reading Ask Dr. Dre(ad): September 2001 Mailbag

TSS UPDATE: Topcities Catches Music Account Bother

I decided to open a new Topcities account, because if I put the new midis in my current one, there won’t be any room left for those quality pages I keep coming up with ;P So that’s what I did. I updated with the news, and soon after Topcities deleted my new account, along with some other innocents. Why? Only God knows, it seems. Next month, I will sort this thing out, this is getting out of hand. Continue reading TSS UPDATE: Topcities Catches Music Account Bother

SFC News: Roareye treats us to Secret Fan Game

Moogle Cavern regular (and webmaster of affiliate website SharkAttack Chaos) Roareye has let slip a few of his plans for his very own Fan Game. No actual details have been spilled yet about the game, but it is said that it is based around the characters that he has created: including himself; dragons called Karldes and Robtres; and other fictional characters. Continue reading SFC News: Roareye treats us to Secret Fan Game

Sonic Amateur Games Expo Kicks off Second Show of 2001

The Sonic Amateur Games Expo has opened once again for a 2001 showing. This is the place where all kinds of Sonic the Hedgehog fan games come together and show the community what they’re made of. This is the third SAGE to ever take place; the first happened last year, which we missed, but we were able to report on SAGE 2 back in March – you can read that here. Check out the new show by going to the SAGE website.

Ask Dr. Dre(ad): August 2001 Mailbag

Welcome to Ask Dr. Dre(ad), and you are now within my clinic. I am of course, Dr. Dread, the GP with the most…y. If you have a burning question related to the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise, you can send them to me and I will make it my duty to prescribe you a satisfactory answer. You can also ask me about myself too, if you like. I mean, it’s not like I’m able to get out much… staff cutbacks, you see. Continue reading Ask Dr. Dre(ad): August 2001 Mailbag

Dreadknux’s Diaries: Final day of Sonic Site Awards Phase 1…

This is a series of personal blogs written by Dreadknux during the formative years of The Sonic Stadium. It chronicles significant events in the website’s early life.

The final day of the Sonic Site Awards Phase 1 – where fans submit their own sites (democratically) for nomination into award categories. Now that this stage is over, I deliberately closed the awards page so that no more cheating and submitting could be done. Still, some people managed to take advantage of the Universal Form to get their point across… The Stadium’s bagged well over 2,500 at this time, a truly great achievement.

Dreadknux’s Diaries: Gone Music Crazy!

This is a series of personal blogs written by Dreadknux during the formative years of The Sonic Stadium. It chronicles significant events in the website’s early life.

This month, I spent the time promoting the new release of my Radio Station, with the new name I made up in June – Sega Sonic Radio. I am in the process of making a separate website for it, and I uploaded a lot more MP3s. One step at a time eh? Also, I managed to grab about 300 new midis to slap into the Music Zone. The site is getting more popular by the minute! In this month, the Hit Counter has surpassed 2,000! Again, thanks to everyone for visiting, I will treat you – honest.

Ask Dr. Dre(ad): July 2001 Mailbag

Welcome to Ask Dr. Dre(ad), you are now in my clinic. I am of course, Dr. Dread. You can call me Dr. Dre if you like, but I’m a doctor, not a rapper. Let’s just get that out of the way… Hmmm? Why am I here? Because of you. Yes, you. I know that, sometime in the not too distant future, you will have at least one question about Sonic the Hedgehog. A burning query that you just can’t shake off… but then you can’t be bothered to find the answer, and this leads to trauma. As well as constant head injuries involving a spade. Believe me, in my experience, it has happened. Continue reading Ask Dr. Dre(ad): July 2001 Mailbag

TSS Update: Moving On Up, Moving On Out…

Hi you all. I feel fantastic!!! Know why? Because, I’ve buggered off from my old school to a spangly new College! Ya….y? Excellent news, I flew right through my GCSE exams it seems, with my lowest grade a C. I literally have about 9-10 GCSEs, but it doesn’t really feel like I’ve done anything at all. I still feel like… me. And, I also feel great because I’ve changed the look of this place a little, and something about Sonic SatAM you may want to read… Continue reading TSS Update: Moving On Up, Moving On Out…

SFC News: Dreadknux Undertaking Text Adventure?

I may as well tell the whole world now. ^_^ Yes, Dreadknux (erm, that’s me) has decided to move onto a Text Adventure, based off of the wonderful Add-on in the Moogle Cavern Message Boards, ‘The Moogle Cavern Movie: The Battle Of Cowkey’. Continue reading SFC News: Dreadknux Undertaking Text Adventure?

Dreadknux’s Diaries: The Un-De-Fragging Thing

I had to defrag my computer, it was annoying, I tell you, so I couldn’t not only use the PC, but defrag was not even working properly! Three days and it hadn’t even reached 2%! Just kept going back and forward from 0% to 1% then 0% again >_<. I managed to give it a break and check my e-mails. Jesus! The amount of emails I had, I had never gotten anything like this amount before. Dead chuffed I was, as I counted all the submissions. Continue reading Dreadknux’s Diaries: The Un-De-Fragging Thing

Dreadknux’s Diaries: The Birth of the Awards to Change a Universe…

With the new look Sonic Stadium now open for some time, I thought it was time for a killer app. I wanted to make something else that involved the whole Sonic online community. Most of my other projects have not been so popular, so I decided to go for something that everyone will be interested in. Then it hit me. An awards ceremony. That’ll be great, I thought. Continue reading Dreadknux’s Diaries: The Birth of the Awards to Change a Universe…

Dreadknux’s Diaries: The Seemingly Invisible 1000th Visitor

YEEEEEEEEHAH! Someone’s become visitor 1000! Unfortunately, no-one owned up to it for some time though, so I’m setting the record to 1,100 hits. Hey, it’s just as memorable! Just wanted to savour this tasty feeling, even though no-one sent me anything about it. Maybe they couldn’t see the hit counter…

TSS Update: Birthday Bonanza, Sonic Site Awards Launched

My Birthday has passed, and I am extremely happy. Not only does the Linkin Park album rock to hell (well, I kinda knew that anyway) but I also bagged myself a Game Boy Advance. I’ve yet to play any GBA games for it though – I could only afford a trade in, but I still got some of my GBC games. Just gotta get a GBA game next week then. Sigh. Continue reading TSS Update: Birthday Bonanza, Sonic Site Awards Launched

Dreadknux’s Diaries: The Kick-Ass Relaunch

Here I am, uploading all the files through CuteFTP into Angelfire, taking bloody ages because there’s so much new stuff to upload. Then I realise that I have no more room. ARGH! I was in panic, I had one night to upload all my things. Then I noticed Topcities that did 150MB of space. Crikey! I signed up, uploaded, and the day was saved! Continue reading Dreadknux’s Diaries: The Kick-Ass Relaunch

Fan Game Review: Sonic Wars

Sonic Wars, released by Diablo on Sonic’s Birthday (that explains the familiar icons appearing at the title screen), is your average Sonic platforming adventure. But, although this seems good for a game that’s rushed (hey, it wasn’t me that said it, Diablo admitted it ^_^), there are a few flaws that stop this game from getting as good as it should have been. Continue reading Fan Game Review: Sonic Wars

Sonic’s 10th Anniversary: Sega’s Rivals

In the past, Sega has had tough competition from an old respected rival called Nintendo. Consequently, Sonic and Mario were constantly fighting for the Number One spot in people’s lives (of course, the hedgehog won). But aside from Ninty, who have been Sega and Sonic’s rivals, past and new? Well, here’s the lowdown on the bad boys. Continue reading Sonic’s 10th Anniversary: Sega’s Rivals