SAGE 5 Opens Monday 16th September, Promises Huge Innovations

The next Sonic Amateur Games Expo – SAGE 5 – will kick off tomorrow at 9pm BST (UK Time), and organiser LuckettX has promised “one of the most innovative and entertaining online events yet”.

Continue reading SAGE 5 Opens Monday 16th September, Promises Huge Innovations

Dreadknux’s Diaries: Picking Up The Pieces

I now realise this month the importance of having a News Broadcaster on my site. No-one seemed to care when the ‘Stadium had just started, but now that we’ve been offered Zifei’s hosting based on our ‘best site ever’ vision, a News section seems like a pretty integral thing. I needed only one man for the job – Sonic_Hedgehogs. He had quit the site, but I could invite him back.

Continue reading Dreadknux’s Diaries: Picking Up The Pieces

Sonic Site Awards 2002: PHASE II Voting Panel – Cast Your Votes Now!

This is PHASE II of The Sonic Site Awards 2002. The Ceremony in December is getting ever nearer, and you’ll hear more of the festivities that will occur as we near that date. Five Potential winners have been placed in each category from PHASE ONE – all you have to do now, is vote, Vote, VOTE.

Continue reading Sonic Site Awards 2002: PHASE II Voting Panel – Cast Your Votes Now!

TSS UPDATE: The Sonic Site Awards 2002 – PHASE II

So so so so… etc etc, SORRY for no updates – like I said, I won’t be updating anything small until the site comes back with a new look (we are moving to new and better servers soon, so we are busy preparing for that…). BUT, the major things are still going on. Like, for instance, the start of THE SONIC SITE AWARDS 2002 – PHASE II.

Continue reading TSS UPDATE: The Sonic Site Awards 2002 – PHASE II

TSS UPDATE: SAGE 2002 Competition Results!

Remember the SAGE 2002 Competition we held a while back? Well, the results are in! The winner of the competition is… Thomas Walker! Thomas, you were randomly picked from the list of entrants to win all the goods!

Continue reading TSS UPDATE: SAGE 2002 Competition Results!

Registrations for SAGE 5 Event Opens

That’s right, it’s that time again! It only feels like yesterday that SAGE 4 – the first of two Sonic Amateur Games Expos in 2002 – ended, but today show organiser LuckettX has announced open registrations for the next online event. The next show is due to launch on 16 September.

Continue reading Registrations for SAGE 5 Event Opens

Submission Deadline Announced for SonicVerse Team Comic Convention

It’s only late July, but work on SonicVerse Team’s inaugural Comic Convention in December continues apace! The Sonic Stadium has been given some new information on the upcoming Winter fan event, including a new deadline for comics that are looking for a place on the site. Continue reading Submission Deadline Announced for SonicVerse Team Comic Convention

Community Interview: Andy Wolan of Emulation Zone

The Emulation Zone is one of the internet’s biggest and longest-running console networks. So of course we wanted to chat to the man behind it all. Andy Wolan is the former head of EmuZone – now ‘retired’ – but still runs the network’s Radio Station service, ‘ZRN. Check out our exclusive interview with Andy Wolan below. Continue reading Community Interview: Andy Wolan of Emulation Zone

New SatAM-Based Fan Cartoon, ‘Fight 4 Freedom’, Announced

Information has been passed to The Sonic Stadium of an upcoming future Sonic animation appearing on your screens. Except, this animation will be showing on your PC Screens, not your Television. Enter the latest (if there was any previous) Sonic Fan Animation to hit the Internet, Fight 4 Freedom. Continue reading New SatAM-Based Fan Cartoon, ‘Fight 4 Freedom’, Announced

TSS Exclusive: New Sonic 2 Game Genie Discovery – The Key to Wood Zone?

The Sonic Stadium has uncovered an alternative version of Emerald Hill Zone without the use of ROM hacking tools – simply using a Game Genie and a retail copy of Sonic 2 plugged into a Mega Drive. This version is playable with Wood Zone-style graphics, leading some to believe that this could be the start of uncovering the truth behind one of Sonic 2’s long-lost levels.  Continue reading TSS Exclusive: New Sonic 2 Game Genie Discovery – The Key to Wood Zone?

Dreadknux’s Diaries: A Fresh Start

Oh my god. Sonic_Hedgehogs has left me in the dwang to fend this website all by myself. Erm… cheers for that S_H. Yep, S_H quit the website for good it seems, and left it all to me. Which is nice. Why? Because of the lack of sleep he had when updating the SSNG website for the short period it had been open. Plus, the action in the last 2 months haven’t helped.

Continue reading Dreadknux’s Diaries: A Fresh Start

Dreadknux’s Diaries: It… All Fell To Pieces

So much stuff has gone on in the two weeks since SSNG launched. And none of them have been good things. Controversy galore surrounds us now about what truly truly happened, so I’ve taken some time off to confide in you lot and tell you what the beef was…

Continue reading Dreadknux’s Diaries: It… All Fell To Pieces

Matt Lenz’s ‘Shadow the Comic’ Turns One Year Old Today

Popular SonicVerse Team-affiliated fan comic, Shadow the Comic, has been around for an entire year today. Creator Matt Lenz has released countless numbers of issues focusing on the Sonic Adventure 2 anti-hero, and there are plans for a new website layout to celebrate the landmark. You should stop on by and check out Shadow the Comic right here.

SAGE 2002 Preview: ShenSonic

One of the most ambitious titles on show at SAGE, this. Promising a 2D version world of Shenmue, but with Sonic at the forefront rather than Ryo Hazuki. It’s certainly an interesting project, and the Sonic Fan Club checks on its progress… Continue reading SAGE 2002 Preview: ShenSonic

Fan Team Aims to Revive Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog With New Animation

A Sonic fan cartoon, NAoStH is being created! It’s been in development for quite a while but now it’s finally getting into the animation production stage. The episodes will be downloadable in .exe format with DVD style menus and features. Continue reading Fan Team Aims to Revive Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog With New Animation

Sonic Robo Blast 2 Version 4.5 Will Debut at Next Sonic Amateur Games Expo

It sounds like we won’t have to wait too long for the next version of Sonic Robo Blast 2, as Sonic Team Junior has revealed that the much-anticipated 4.5 update will debut at the next Sonic Amateur Games Expo later this year. Continue reading Sonic Robo Blast 2 Version 4.5 Will Debut at Next Sonic Amateur Games Expo

Dreadknux’s Diaries: It… Is Going Fantastic!

The 23rd of June, and our visitors love SSNG! We’re so proud of what we’ve achieved. And, after his recent interview with Zifei, founder of none other than Sonic HQ, Sonic_Hedgehogs and I were offered proper website hosting!

Continue reading Dreadknux’s Diaries: It… Is Going Fantastic!

SAGE 2002 Preview: Beyond Sonic

SAGE 2002 saw the debut of a triple threat from Gameplay Studio – a development outfit formed by Matt the Yak. The first of the bunch, called Beyond Sonic, naturally does not include Sonic as a playable character in the demo. Makes total sense. Yep. Continue reading SAGE 2002 Preview: Beyond Sonic

SAGE 2002 Preview: Badnik Hunt 2

A cool effort by Gamersmix – a game in which you are completely… small? Well, that’s saying something. … Actually, well… no I guess it’s not. This game featured in February 2002’s SAGExpo, and was nearly complete at the time, so we decided to give it a spin. Let’s take a look. Continue reading SAGE 2002 Preview: Badnik Hunt 2

SonicVerse Team Announces Online Fan Comic Convention

Fan comic production group SonicVerse Team has announced that it will be launching a brand new online event that is being tipped as, ‘SAGE for Comics’. The convention, called SVTcc (SonicVerse Team Comic Convention), will take place every March, June and December – with the first show kicking things off just before Christmas 2002. Continue reading SonicVerse Team Announces Online Fan Comic Convention

New ‘Tails to the Rescue’ Fan Game Demo Introduces New Engine

A quick news blast to let you guys know that a new demo of foxy fan game ‘Tails to the Rescue’ has been released by developer Sonique (of Fans United for SatAM fame). The demo introduces the game’s brand new engine which will aim to make the experience much smoother than before. You can download it right here.

Via TSSZ

‘Sonic: The Fated Hour’ Fan Game To Drop RPG Elements

Fan gaming news has been a little thin on the ground lately, but we have some updates regarding SAGE regular BlazeHedgehog and his upcoming platform-RPG Sonic: The Fated Hour. Specifically, that it’s not actually an RPG anymore.
Continue reading ‘Sonic: The Fated Hour’ Fan Game To Drop RPG Elements

Dreadknux’s Diaries: It… May Just Work

My last entry in the Sonic Stadium logbook – I’ll be making notes in SSNG’s History Pages, with Sonic_Hedgehogs now. While making pages, a strange sensation suddenly came over me – I realised how cool this would turn out to be! I thought of all the advantages, and there weren’t many disadvantages: S_H was as cool to work with as… someone immensely cool.

Continue reading Dreadknux’s Diaries: It… May Just Work

Fan-Created SatAM Season 3 Comic Launches Third Issue

A group of Sonic fans have started work on realising the long lost ‘third season’ of the SatAM cartoon series, by launching a comic called ‘Sea3on’. After a long hiatus after the release of Issue 2, the team behind the project has announced that its third issue is available for download.
Continue reading Fan-Created SatAM Season 3 Comic Launches Third Issue

SAGE 4 Interview: Sonic Adventurer from SonicVerse Team

The Sonic Stadium interviews Sonic Adventurer of SonicVerse Team about his new fan game, website, and future. The comics studio is dipping its toe into the fan gaming scene, and even though they didn’t show up to the most recent SAGE event, they’re still keen to talk about the project they would have shown! Read on for more… Continue reading SAGE 4 Interview: Sonic Adventurer from SonicVerse Team

Dreadknux’s Diaries: Sonic News & The Sonic Stadium? It’ll Never Work…

Woah, everything was going on this month. After trying to figure out a ‘new’ look to incorporate into The Sonic Stadium (once more…), I had been visiting my friend’s MB’s and websites, in particular Sonic News (No, I wasn’t nicking off with anything… that time ^_-). At least, I tried to get into Sonic News, but for the third month running Angelfire had managed to lock visitors out of the site.

Continue reading Dreadknux’s Diaries: Sonic News & The Sonic Stadium? It’ll Never Work…

SAGE 4 Interview: ‘Mighty the Armadillo’ Developer Yuski

Yuski is a solo fangame developer, currently making a decent ROM Hack of Sonic 1, starring Mighty. It should be out soon, and because of this we spoke to him at SAGE 2002 about it. Continue reading SAGE 4 Interview: ‘Mighty the Armadillo’ Developer Yuski

SAGE 4 Interview: ‘Big Adventure’ Developer MK Gamester

MK Gamester is leader of MK Games. Heading up ‘Big Adventure’ Fan Game, and also contributed to the SAGE 2002 Compo we held. Nice guy. Continue reading SAGE 4 Interview: ‘Big Adventure’ Developer MK Gamester

SAGE 4 Interview: ‘Sonic: Eternal Rings’ Developer Myst Hedgehog

Myst Hedgehog is currently running his latest Fan Game project, Sonic: Eternal Rings at SAGE 2002. Also helped contribute to the SAGE 2002 compo we held, the nice chap. ^_^ We sit down with him to learn more about his game. Continue reading SAGE 4 Interview: ‘Sonic: Eternal Rings’ Developer Myst Hedgehog

SAGE 4 Interview: ‘Sonic Adventure Neo’ Developer ShadowHermit

ShadowChaos & Hermit Dude are the heads behind ShadowHermit Production House. After a solo outing, these two joined forces and combined to form a joint fan game developer. Showcasing Sonic Adventure: Neo at SAGE 2002. Visit their site here. Continue reading SAGE 4 Interview: ‘Sonic Adventure Neo’ Developer ShadowHermit

SAGE 4: Complete Coverage

The Sonic Amateur Games Expo has hit again, and the shows so big this year, it’s gonna need two parts to this massive News Special! Unfortunately, due to lack of time, the Sonic Stadium did not manage to get through the immense wave of games on show – perhaps a longer show period for September’s show, guys??? Continue reading SAGE 4: Complete Coverage

SAGE 4 Interview: ‘Sonic Robo Blast 2’ Developer Johnny ‘Sonikku’ Wallbank

Johnny Wallbank is better known online as ‘Sonikku’, and runs Sonic Team Junior, the guys responsible for bringing Sonic Robo Blast 2 to your PC screens. He was milling about at SAGE 2002 so we had a word. Visit the SRB2 Website here. Continue reading SAGE 4 Interview: ‘Sonic Robo Blast 2’ Developer Johnny ‘Sonikku’ Wallbank