Awoo.

What if Sonic had his own equivalent of the Sinister Six?

IHaveACaseOfSonicMania

If Sonic had his own Sinister Six, then who'd they be? Although I don't have Six, I'll give my list of characters who'd go in this group.

Eggman - leader and brains

Fang - support, spy and theif

Zavok - secondary brains and muscle

• Way Past Cool 1

We already have the Deadly Six!:chuckle:But anyways, I'd add Dr. Starline - Stylish and Tech Savvy.

Edited by Maple Syrup
I guess the "stylish" doesn't do anything, but Starline is very stylish! I HAD to add that!
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

23 minutes ago, Maple Syrup said:

We already have the Deadly Six!:chuckle:But anyways, I'd add Dr. Starline - Stylish and Tech Savvy.

The deadly six don't really count as they were in one game. And the Sinister Six is made up of some of the most iconic and strongest villains Spider-Man has ever faced. I don't think the Deadly Six are considered the most iconic and strongest villains Sonic has ever faced. If I had to choose a Sinister Six for Sonic, it would be

Eggman

Metal Sonic

Chaos

Mephiles 

Dr. Starline 

Pre-Final Story Shadow

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

I've got quite the pair up in mind.

1. Surge.
  2. Kitsunami.
  3. Mimic.
  4. Metal Sonic.
  5. Fang the Hunter.
  6. Johnny.

Is it the one most people would expect? No, not at all. Is it one worthy of the title of "Sinister Six?" In my opinion, hell yeah.

5 minutes ago, Anonymous Gamer said:

I've got quite the pair up in mind.

1. Surge.
  2. Kitsunami.
  3. Mimic.
  4. Metal Sonic.
  5. Fang the Hunter.
  6. Johnny.

Is it the one most people would expect? No, not at all. Is it one worthy of the title of "Sinister Six?" In my opinion, hell yeah.

Wait, who is Johnny?

1 minute ago, ChaosCTRL said:

Wait, who is Johnny?

Johnny's from Sonic Rush Adventure. That one DS Sonic game no one bothered with back in 2007 because it came out the year after Sonic '06.

15 minutes ago, Anonymous Gamer said:

Johnny's from Sonic Rush Adventure. That one DS Sonic game no one bothered with back in 2007 because it came out the year after Sonic '06.

Ah, I remember now. Yeah I was like two when that came out, so I didn't play it either.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, ChaosCTRL said:

Ah, I remember now. Yeah I was like two when that came out, so I didn't play it either.

Huh, what a coinky-dink - I was two when Rush Adventure came out as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sinister Six have no complex structure. It's just temporary alliance of jerks, with one guy loosely becoming a boss.
So if you want "greatest hits" it's Infinite's group, add Eggman to the mix.
If you want "bunch of mooks"then IDW Bad Guys will do.
But it can be any random gathering, as long as it's somewhat believable they go 5 minutes without killing each other. I think there is a fan film "Sonic Villains" just about that (still in production).

I think more interesting question would be "make a group with narrative potential". So here's my pitch.

After few more looses Surge decided that 1) She will never work under someone 2) Sonic has too many friends and she needs some too.

First she grabs Rouge & Tumble, because easy dumb muscle, easy to control.
Next she finds Fang who goes back from wherever he was hiding all this years months time. He provides experience group lacks, and is smart enough to be 2nd in command, while also sensible enough to not try to usurp power from Surge.
And finally group will require someone tech savy to counter Tails or Eggman. That's trickiest part. I would make new character, a wild card. Maybe a Scrapnik who still wants to be a BADnik, just without Eggman. If I had Sonic multiverse I could pick Tekno for a surprise re-make of character, grey morality, perhaps redeemed one day. But if you twist my arm... Eggman Nega, pretending he's okay working for Surge, but clearly having his own shadowy agenda.

3 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

First she grabs Rouge & Tumble, because easy dumb muscle, easy to control.

I'm pretty sure you meant Rough & Tumble based on the context. Figured I'd mention that to be safe since all it takes is one mistake to turn Rouge into Rough.

As for me, the series doesn't really have enough recurring villains to make a Sinister Six possible.

We do have three different Eggmen if we count classic as a separate guy. If we're taking from classic and modern with the likes of Fang, I'd see no reason to exclude the Hard Boiled Heavies.

Of course, the other Eggman is Negative and Metal Sonic frequently does what he wants. Sonic Battle brought back Gamma in a villainous role and might as well include the Deadly Six for the sake of variety.

Some alliances don't really make sense but if we disregard that, we could throw in Black Doom, Mephiles, Iblis, Chaos, Erazor Djinn and King Arthur too? Even though most of those were one offs. Maybe Sonic Team will chose to keep Black Doom around since nothing suggests he dies, we just assumed it. I do like his new Dr. Claw voice. I hope he says "I'll get you next time, Shadow. Next time!" Upon his defeat in Shadow Generations.