Awoo.

Poll of the Week: Who's the Second Shadow Generations Character?

Dreadknux

Ultimate Lifeform(s)  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think second Shadow Generations character is?

• Classic Shadow
    • Silver the Hedgehog
    • Rouge the Bat
    • Black Doom
    • Infinite
    • Mephiles
    • Classic Sonic in a Shadow Costume
    • Other (comment in the topic!)

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 07/14/2024 at 10:59 PM

We're just learning that Sonic X Shadow Generations may just have a second playable character for the 'Shadow Generations' portion of the game! It's time to have some fun and... POLL IT UP!

Gonna give everyone until next Sunday evening to vote. It's just a bit of fun, but let everyone know who you think that unannounced character is!

• Fist Bump 1

Posted (edited)

brace yourselfes everyone, the avatar character is coming back.

nah, just kidding. dunno honestly, I'll just go with classic shadow, because that way, they could include classic Shadow in future classic games ala Superstars. Seems logical to me.

Edited by FReaK
  • Chuckle 1

A reasonable option is Silver, because, WHY NOT?

HEHEHEHA!

Season 3 Laughing GIF by The Simpsons

• Chuckle 1

I saw what was said on the topic on the news section, so I think I will go with Emerl/Gemerl, due to the connections with Shadow and Gerald Robotnik.

I say Shadow in a Sonic costume. But sure classic Sonic in a Shadow costume works.

Shadow has worked with Metal Sonic in the past (Sonic Rivals 2.) so I'd lean towards him. 

• Promotion 2

I hope it's not a Shadow Android...

• Chuckle 1

Honestly, I feel like the most shocking option would be Black Doom himself. The story seems to be set up so that Black Doom is Shadow's own antagonist, but Sonic games tend to subvert expectations.

• Nice Smile 1

Posted (edited)

I genuinely believe Classic Shadow is both stupid and something SEGA would 100% do.

Barring that, some new character we're supposed to care about, I guess?

Edited by Wittymations
  • Thumbs Up 1

My gambit is on Maria. An oddball choice I know, but I can definitely see Shadow Generations being retrospective build up to Sage appearing in Frontiers as lame as that sounds (though no retcons are involved with my crazy ahh theory here).

Judging from the opening for Frontiers, Eggman had been working on bringing Sage to life for quite a while. And my guess is that Shadow Generations would see a prototype of Sage helping Shadow out with his Black Doom situation by bringing Maria back in digital form… though she does tell Shadow not to tell Eggman about the whole situation.

I think Maria (if she was the character who appeared in Shadow Generations to assist Shadow) would play somewhat similar to how Jill Valentine played in the Sega Saturn’s Battle Game mode for the original Resident Evil – just utilizing weapons from scrapped Eggman robots against the Black Arms or whatever enemies she & Shadow run into.

Of course, those are just my two cents on the subject.

• Thumbs Up 1

My hope would be for someone like Omega since he wasn’t in the original. Modern Metal Sonic too since he also wasn’t in the original. Realistically I think it could be a Shadow android.

• Thumbs Up 3

21 hours ago, Johnny Boy said:

My hope would be for someone like Omega since he wasn’t in the original. Modern Metal Sonic too since he also wasn’t in the original. Realistically I think it could be a Shadow android.

Those wouldn't be out of the question either. In fact, I'm pretty sure any character who's connected to Shadow in someway or another in the games is up for grabs when it comes to this.

Well as of the anime expo there’s a good chance the other playable character might be Emerl.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Johnny Boy said:

Well as of the anime expo there’s a good chance the other playable character might be Emerl.

I agree. They can't just tease him like that and not have him playable, surely!

It's definitely looking like Emerl. I wonder how that's going to work. I almost think he'll be customizable with moves he picks up from the levels he's in, but I'm not entirely sure how it'll work or it'll be too much work.

You can count out Classic Shadow making an appearance, based on this.

https://www.eurogamer.net/sonic-x-shadow-generations-is-the-best-of-00s-sonic-with-a-big-dash-of-nostalgia

Just don't expect any "Classic Shadow" levels as with Sonic, although Shadow's perspective will still shift to 2D at times. Levels will also be taken from throughout Shadow's appearances in games, "featuring a lot of iconic moments from Shadow's past in the new gameplay," says Iizuka. "We wanted to tell a new story using a lot of these familiar locations to really present Shadow as a character to players that may not have gotten the full backstory of the character, as that happened over numerous different titles, and also make sure this single title could properly introduce Shadow as a character and highlight some of the important moments in Shadow's history."